Car: not necessary
Vodice is one of the best known tourist destinations on the Adriatic not only because it can accommodate a large number of tourists but for its tourist facilities and entertainment offered. Vodice is situated along the coast in a large bay, 13km northwest from Šibenik.
Vodice is close to the national parks: Kornati islands, Krka and Plitvice lakes.
The population of Vodice is 10.000 today. The former inhabitants were mainly farmers while today they mainly deal with tourism, providing accommodation for tourists in private rooms, apartments, villas, camp sites and other types of accomodation.
Hundreds of comfortable restaurants, daily cruises, excursions by boat and by bus, rich cultural and artistic programme are only part of the rich choice for entertainment.
Vodice was founded already in the Roman times as Arausa. Its name derives from the word meaning 'water sources' which supplied the whole area.
- National park Kornati (archipel of 365 islands)
- National park Krka (river-waterfalls)
- National park Plitvice( lake-district)
- National park Paklenica (mountain)
- Nature-park Vrana (lake, bird reservation)
- islands Zlarin (corals), Prvic, Logorun (donkey reservation)
- Šibenik -St.Jakob's Cathedral
- Towns Split, Trogir, Zadar
- Etnoland in Pakovo Selo
- Bicycle paths