|Minimum Stay||4 - 7 nights|
Walk to Monarch Beach (Salt Creek Beach) along a secluded pathway with no traffic along the golf course until you reach the isolated Salt Creek Beach. You will feel like you have this picturesque beach almost to yourself. The walk to the beach is about one mile and takes 20 minutes.
Located adjacent to two of the only five star hotels and resorts in California, St. Regis Dana Point. Two other five-star resorts, The Ritz Carlton and Montage in Laguna Beach are nearby.
In the beautiful upscale Dana Point/Monarch Beach area of Orange County. Dana Point is located on Pacific Coast Highway midway between Los Angeles and San Diego. Disneyland 31 miles, San Diego and Sea World 60 miles, Los Angeles 55 miles. You are only minutes from some of the best dining, shopping, beaches, golf and tennis in Southern California.
This is a gated community and includes your own parking space. There are short stairs to climb when entering this top level 1,150 square-foot single-story condo. This relaxing and tastefully decorated condominium is perfect for two couples or a family looking for a beach retreat.
Walk into the spacious living room, fully equipped with a 42-inch plasma TV and DVD player. Each of the two bedrooms is also equipped with flat-screen TVs and DVD players. Enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner in the separate dining room, or use the bar-b-q grill and relax at the patio table on the balcony.
The kitchen is fully-equipped with dishwasher, microwave, toaster, blender, coffee maker and all your cooking needs. The master bedroom has a queen size bed and TV with your own private bathroom. The second room has a queen bed and flat screen TV. The condo also has its own laundry room with washer and dryer.
My other properties in Dana Point:
Our family of six adults stayed comfortably here. Pleasant setting in a gated community. Quiet nights afforded plenty of sleep for fun-filled days at nearby beaches. We did have one middle-of-the-night disturbance when the carbon monoxide detector went off (it was faulty), but those kinds of things happen (but for some reason, only in the middle of the night!). Plenty of hot water for showers. AC for when it gets too toasty. Never heard a peep from any neighbors. Handy washer and dryer. All in all, a great headquarters for our family vacation.
Our family was so happy when we alked into this lovely condo. After a long flight to California, it accomodated us in every way. It had enough bedding for a family of 6 and had all of the amenities tht you would want in a vacation home.
The full kitchen had enough supplies for all of us. The grill on the balcony worked great.
This location in Dana Point is adjacent to one 5 star resort, and walking distance to another one. So the area is really well maintained and has a resort feel.
We walked to the beach a couple times at sunset. But when we mostly drove their since we had beach chairs and other things to carry. Parking at Salt Creek Beach is very easy, and there are other easy access beaches too.
We are a family of 6 that traveled from Arizona to escape the heat. We were very happy with the accommodations. The property has all the necessities for a family of 6 to enjoy a week or 2 at the beach. It is a large condo with 2 bedrooms, 2 full baths, separate living and dining areas, and a large kitchen. There is also a large balcony with a BBQ grill and seating area. The washer and dryer in the condo was also a great feature. The owner, Jason, was very helpful and quickly answered any questions we had.
We've spent time up and down the California coast and wanted to try something different. So, this review is of the location and the property.
First, the property:
- It's well-appointed and very comfortable inside. It's newly painted and all the furniture is well-chosen.
- The internet worked well.
- It says it sleeps six but there were no sheets for the pull-out bed and there were only 4 beach towels.
- None of the remotes worked properly even after changing out the batteries.
- There are just enough dishes and silverware if you wash constantly, but the dishwasher doesn't wash very well so make sure you are prepared to use the sponge.
- The AC is set for 85, so make sure you're prepared to stand guard by the thermostat and keep setting it for 70 or so or you will be too warm in the spring and summer.
- The bath controls were very difficult for even teenagers to figure out.
- They have a 4 o'clock check in and a 10 o'clock check out, and according to the owner, these times are strict. This seems unreasonable. I realize the owner has to work with the cleaning crew, but these times really cut into ones time in the condo.
- The pool is great. It's pretty basic and rectangular, but most days we were the only people there. Maybe that's why one of the residents stopped by to inform us there was "NO HORSEPLAY" in the pool. Okay, we'll stop making splashes.
Second, the area:
- Like I said, we've stayed in multiple places in SoCal. Dana Point was very clean, very planned, and very boring. Everything is gated and private. We rented a nice late-model SUV but it felt like if we were driving something older we might be escorted to the city limits.
- Don't expect Huntington, Newport, or Laguna. Everything here is planned to look like everything else.
- The restaurants are mostly in strip malls, which was very strange.
- However, the beach that you can walk to is one of the best in CA, period. It's secluded, clean, and the sand is super soft. There are surfers everywhere.
We had such a great time in Dana Point. This was our last vacation as a family before my oldest son headed off to college. It could not have been better. From the moment we checked in, we knew we had selected the right place. The condo is beautiful and clean and had everything a family needs to vacation comfortably for a week. There was plenty of room for all of us. We walked to nearby restaurants, including the adjacent St. Regis resort and Ritz Carlton. Monarch Beach Golf Links is also adjacent to the property. The spa at St. Regis was wonderful. Laguna Beach is 10 minutes away. The Dana Point Harbor is 5 minutes away with kayak, boat, sea doo, and paddle board rentals. What a great vacation destination. Thank you for a wonderful time.
My family of 6 stayed here for a week in the fall and had the time of our lives. The condo had everything we needed and was very clean. The location was less than a mile from a great beach as well as many other beaches within minutes. Dana Point is truly a hidden gem on the Orange County Coast. Not crowded like other Southern California Beaches. We loved this condo and hope to return soon.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jun 1 2015 - Aug 31 2015
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
Holiday rates $1,850/week
My other properties in Dana Point:
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website: