Located on a very quiet cul de sac house consists of a directly from the farm and garden with barbecue area, accessible apartment on the ground floor and 3 other apartment are above the Belle Etage, with some great views of the castle, next to the park in the city hall.
There are up to 4 covered parking spaces on the property. Each apartment is convenient and easy to clean, comfortable, furnished eg FBC, cupboards, flooring, and laminate flooring. On the ground a large living-dining room with TV and access to the garden, a kitchen with a large fridge, gas stove, oven and 4 bedrooms (three with 2 single beds / 1 double with the possibility of one cot, bathroom with double sink, shower facilities (hot / cold) , separate tub and toilet.
In the vicinity of the villa in the town of Greiz is with all shops for daily needs and restaurants, not far behind the train station, the supermarket with a bakery. More shopping centers (Kaufland, Aldi, Lidl. Etc.) are located at about 1500 m. Greiz has good medical care, as well as some private clinics and a government district hospital.
For the sports enthusiasts, the environment of hiking trails, golf courses, water worlds, or, for example, horse riding. There are very well-run equestrian centers that provide, among other daily guided rides, pony rides, riding lessons and carriage rides. For golf lovers, offering an area of ??attractive golf courses. The Greiz Park and Elster are a popular hiking destination. Because of the great diversity of plants and animals it is highly recommendable. Likewise, the tour of the caves in the Schlossberg. You can take walks on your own, or participate in guided tours and hikes.
Particularly interesting are the villages in the hinterland. Many are still traditions and original craft skill (blue dyeing, pottery, etc.) will receive. These villages are easily reached in a day trip.
Who spends his holidays in Greiz is not necessarily dependent on a car. There are both good train as bus services within the city limits, as well as for trips into the surrounding area and other travels.
A highlight of Greiz, the castle on the old fortress, is about 5 mins walk away from the villa. At her feet, the park on one side and a small promenade the. From many nice shops, bars and restaurants on the other The Past - Old Town with Unterer castle, church and marketplace is only 0.5 km away from the villa. The devastating fire in the town of 6 April 1802 was also not spared the Lower Castle. The reconstruction took place until 1809, in the strict classical style. Here, the state rooms were decorated with precious stucco. A highlight was the ballroom - White Hall today. 1884/85 was the last structural expansion. It is the south wing were added with the onion dome and other representative rooms. The last descendant, Prince Heinrich XXIV, received the right to live in the Lower Castle until his death in 1927. Since 1929 located in the premises of the Lower Castle Museum. Visitors can now enjoy the restored state rooms and changing exhibitions on various topics. On 13 Opened in September 1998 in a wing of the Lower Castle the demonstration workshop "Greizer textiles - from craft to industry" as a throwback to the Greizer textile history. Other rooms of the Lower Castle used by the Tourist Information Greiz, the music school "Bernhard Stavenhagen" and the Castle Café "LebensArt".
In spring and autumn the Greiz invites everyone in with his vielfälltigen reichklichem events and cultural program. Since 1922, home to the summer palace of the State books and print collection, a "foundation of the older line of the House of Reuss." The most valuable part of this unique collection on the continent comes from the estate of the English Princess Elizabeth (1770 - 1840), later the Landgrave of Hesse Homburg. Was founded in 1975 as a department of the museum, the Greizer Satiricum. This required an extensive pool of caricatures of the past 300 years from a former princely possession. In the garden room of the former summer palace during the summer months for exhibitions and concerts.
In 1225 was the first mention of a church in Greiz. The St. Mary's Church was born in 1805 after the great fire of 1802, in which the existing Silbermann organ was destroyed and rebuilt. The tower was rebuilt in original colors, the spire, he received only the 1827th The interior, with three naves divided by massive Corinthian columns, between which lie three Empor Close bosom. On the first gallery recalls the splendor of Henry VI coffin., Count Reuss-Obergreiz (1649-1697), hero of the Turks in the Battle of Zenta in 1697 Greizer fallen. The Ostabschluss this erstwhile Hofkirche one pulpit altar crowned with rich classical features. The St. Mary's Church was in 1881 Bach organ Kreutz, who rebuilt the brothers Jehmlich from Dresden in 1919 and expanded. She is one of the largest organs in Thuringia.
In the 19 Century housed the Upper Castle many mansions. Already in 1884, the residents were given the status of a separate "Castle Town" with its own mayor and self-government. Not until 1919 was this "castle church" reintegrated into the Greiz. Today is a part of the building for residential purposes.
The main police station, known locally as "Old Guard", was built in 1819 in front of the Lower Castle. As the Lower Castle it works through its classical simplicity. The early gable in the front of the great arms of the Prince Reuss elder line with the initials "H FR XIX" (Henry the nineteenth, Prince Reuss) was resplendent, is supported by four Doric columns. Until 1866, the military knew of Reuss-Greiz here watchkeeping and from that time until the First World War, a command of the 96th Infantry Regiment Gera In 1918, the guard lost by the abdication of Prince their purpose. In the aftermath, she moved several times the function. For example, the tourist office until 1993 located in the "Old Guard". Today uses the Registry Office premises for conducting marriage ceremonies.
Two major fires in 1902 and 1908 destroyed the majority of the houses in the market and Thomas Road. Until 1910, produced two streets in the unetrschiedlichsten varieties of Art Nouveau, which significantly contribute to the enrichment of Greizer cityscape. The facade of the house built in 1904 in the Castle Road 5 can be seen as a particular example of architecture floral decorations. Another striking building, with its large stained glass mosaic (see figure), the corner house Castle Street / Market Street. This shows a Gürtler at work and can thereby detect a reference to the occupation of the owner. There are numerous other examples of figurative designs with echoes of the 'symbolism' and 'folk art'. The latter is assigned to the so-called 'tunnel arms' in Thomas Street. In addition to this ensemble can be found in urban areas other notable individual buildings.
Even the old town hall in 1802 the city was destroyed by fire. The present building in neo-Gothic style, with its distinctive square tower was built only in the years 1840 to 1842 and again in 1909 by an extension, which now houses the large meeting room and other rooms, supplemented. Particularly striking is the preceeding Greizer marketplace, in its triangular shape, with the market well. According to old maps (cityscapes) the well was reconstructed in 1993 and inaugurated. In 2005, the existing modern fountain column was replaced by a replica made according to historical patterns. At the well is a plaque with the inscription: "Water is Life", attached.
The tube wells, compared to castle, church and main guard is the only one remaining from the old fountain Greiz. It was built around 1820 and its granite edging into an octagonal he received the 1840th Through wooden pipes then the water from the spring St. Adelheid was headed to the city. This source was said in ancient times by a great healing effect. Today the well is connected to a circulation system.