Galveston House Rental Photos and Description
3 Bedrooms, 2 Full Bathrooms, Sleeps 6 Comfortably
Welcome to the Galveston Victorian House! Our full service luxury rental is located in the heart of Galveston's East End National Historic District with all the comforts and feel of a B&B but with complete privacy and much more space! Ornately constructed 135 years ago, the house survived the Great Storm of 1900 and Hurricane Ike. Original hardwood floors from 1871 remain in tact in much of the house and the home is beautifully and comfortably appointed with period compatible furnishings throughout to make your stay feel both timeless and memorable. This is a very comfortable house with modern convenience placed throughout. Please feel free to view our personal website as well, http://www.galvestonvictorianhouse.com
We are only 8 short very blocks from the beach and moments from downtown. You can walk practically anywhere from the the house because it is so conveniently located. Come in, create some happy memories, and step back in time.....
A Little More Information: The East End Historic Neighborhood is filled with delightful turn of the century homes. Ball Street is one of the more significant streets, and on our street, this lovely block is one of the more spectacular blocks.
Going for a walk several times a day will make you smile every time you step into your neighborhood. Those walks can be purposeful, like going out to dine, or just to stroll the side-walked streets under the shade of magnificent, towering trees for a bit of fresh air.
Our Amenities: *Historic 135 year old home tastefully restored & decorated
* Located on historic Ball Street - the homes are spectacular yet comfortable
* Finely appointed furnishings throughout
* Beautifully landscaped
* 14' Ceilings throughout the house
* Enormous living and dining area designed for easy entertaining
* Hardwood floors throughout the home
* 32' HD Cable TV with Blue Ray DVD/CD player
* Beautiful fine art and artifacts through the house
* All necessary items to host seated dinners and parties, including:
* A well stocked pantry with spices and condiments to make any meal extraordinary
* Excellent cooking utensils and an ice cream maker, electric knife, toaster, & hand mixer
* Full table linens, candles, and silver plate silverware service for 12, and
* Two (2) separate 8 piece place settings of fine china and many serving pieces.
* Utility room with washer and dryer
* Located close to tourist attractions
And A Few More Amenities: * One of the few houses in the East End to offer its own driveway
* Lovely deck with white trellised trim on the back of house
* All sheets are 200 thread count or more
* Large Victorian style electric fireplace built in a great mahogany mantel w/marble finish
* Sofa in den converts to a queen size bed with a 2' memory foam pad
* Kitchen appliances include refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, ice maker, disposal & oven
* A list of caterers in the immediate area will be provided upon request
* Pets Are Not Allowed
* Minimum Age Requirement: All renters be at least 25 years of age or older.
* Smoking Not Allowed
- pets not allowed
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- non smoking only
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- children welcome
Guestbook comments from the owner
Well, it’s a cliché, but “home is where the heart is,” and your home captured our hearts this Christmas. From early morning jogs along the Seawall, to Christmas Eve dinner at Guido’s, we truly enjoyed our stay. Highlights: Benno’s gumbo, the Elissa, the Bishop’s Palace, horse drawn carriage, carollers and Dad’s potato soup with foccaccia from Sunflower Bakery. Thank you!!
Elizabeth and Jim George
We absolutely adore our Victorian home and use it every opportunity we have. We vacationed in Galveston for many years prior to buying the home in 2006, and bought it because it represents our vision of historic Galveston. We never get tired of having our family reunions there and many other families and wedding parties seek us out for the same reason.
If you love the beach, island magic, beautiful historical homes, long walks and sultry evenings, you will love visiting Galveston and love staying at the house. Galveston is the perfect sized town, easy to get around, so much to do, and yet so relaxing. Your eyes never get tired of taking in the historic sites and beautiful homes. Our home is right in the center of it all - 5 minutes to downtown, 3 minutes to the beach, restaurants and shops just around the corner. We can walk almost anywhere.