Welcome to the Galveston Victorian House! Our full service luxury rental is located in the heart of Galveston's East End National Historic District with all the comforts and feel of a B&B but with complete privacy and much more space! Ornately constructed 135 years ago, the house survived the Great Storm of 1900 and Hurricane Ike. Original hardwood floors from 1871 remain in tact in much of the house and the home is beautifully and comfortably appointed with period compatible furnishings throughout to make your stay feel both timeless and memorable. This is a very comfortable house with modern convenience placed throughout. Please feel free to view our personal website as well, http://www.galvestonvictorianhouse.com
We are only 8 short very blocks from the beach and moments from downtown. You can walk practically anywhere from the the house because it is so conveniently located. Come in, create some happy memories, and step back in time.....
A Little More Information: The East End Historic Neighborhood is filled with delightful turn of the century homes. Ball Street is one of the more significant streets, and on our street, this lovely block is one of the more spectacular blocks.
Going for a walk several times a day will make you smile every time you step into your neighborhood. Those walks can be purposeful, like going out to dine, or just to stroll the side-walked streets under the shade of magnificent, towering trees for a bit of fresh air.
Our Amenities: *Historic 135 year old home tastefully restored & decorated
* Located on historic Ball Street - the homes are spectacular yet comfortable
* Finely appointed furnishings throughout
* Beautifully landscaped
* 14' Ceilings throughout the house
* Enormous living and dining area designed for easy entertaining
* Hardwood floors throughout the home
* 32' HD Cable TV with Blue Ray DVD/CD player
* Beautiful fine art and artifacts through the house
* All necessary items to host seated dinners and parties, including:
* A well stocked pantry with spices and condiments to make any meal extraordinary
* Excellent cooking utensils and an ice cream maker, electric knife, toaster, & hand mixer
* Full table linens, candles, and silver plate silverware service for 12, and
* Two (2) separate 8 piece place settings of fine china and many serving pieces.
* Utility room with washer and dryer
* Located close to tourist attractions
And A Few More Amenities: * One of the few houses in the East End to offer its own driveway
* Lovely deck with white trellised trim on the back of house
* All sheets are 200 thread count or more
* Large Victorian style electric fireplace built in a great mahogany mantel w/marble finish
* Sofa in den converts to a queen size bed with a 2' memory foam pad
* Kitchen appliances include refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, ice maker, disposal & oven
* A list of caterers in the immediate area will be provided upon request
* Pets Are Not Allowed
* Minimum Age Requirement: All renters be at least 25 years of age or older.
* Smoking Not Allowed
We absolutely adore our Victorian home and use it every opportunity we have. We vacationed in Galveston for many years prior to buying the home in 2006, and bought it because it represents our vision of historic Galveston. We never get tired of having our family reunions there and many other families and wedding parties seek us out for the same reason.
If you love the beach, island magic, beautiful historical homes, long walks and sultry evenings, you will love visiting Galveston and love staying at the house. Galveston is the perfect sized town, easy to get around, so much to do, and yet so relaxing. Your eyes never get tired of taking in the historic sites and beautiful homes. Our home is right in the center of it all - 5 minutes to downtown, 3 minutes to the beach, restaurants and shops just around the corner. We can walk almost anywhere.
We are situated in the middle of the charming East End National Historic District and placed on one of the most architecturally significant and visually pleasing streets in Galveston. Ball Street is often visited by horse-drawn carriages whose tours are conducted by local guides. The house is tastefully landscaped with a back deck that is surrounded by a fountain and gardens. The house has over 1,800 sq. ft. and includes 2 full bedrooms, a TV/sitting room (in which the sofa converts to a queen size bed), 2 full baths, a living room, dining room and kitchen.
The house was made for entertaining and comes with a fully stocked kitchen and everything any chef would require for preparing and serving a beautiful meal.
The back porch is a treasure, inviting you to spend many peaceful moments sipping libations and listening to the sound of the water in the fountain. If you love the beach, island magic, beautiful historical homes, long walks and sultry evenings, you will love staying here.
Other Activities: Viewing the Broadway Beauties - Bishop’s Palace, Ashton Villa and Moody Mansion, the BEACH, fabulous antique shopping, nature walks, museums to suit every interest, the Opera House and events, The Strand, Pier 21, world class dining, Captain Jack's Bar, Historic Sailing Ship Elissa, Moody Gardens, Schlitterbahn, bird watching, nature trails, dolphin ferry, Galveston HAS IT ALL!!! We have a book about the house and the neighborhood that includes a guide to favorite shops, restaurants, attractions, walking tours and beaches with directions and recommendations. The East End is absolutely charming and you will love to walk in the evenings and mornings to look at all the wonderful historic homes in our neighborhood. It's positively magical!
Golf: All of Galveston proudly announced a 7million dollar renovation to one of the most beautiful public courses in Texas, The Moody Municipal Golf Course. Open to all so make your reservations early!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event||Minimum Stay|
|Refundable damage deposit||$312.00|
|Our rates are always the same: $275.00 per night with a 2 night minimum stay. Stay 3 nights and get the 4th night free. 2. There is a separate deposit ($312.00, of which $300.00 is refundable - the other $12 goes for toward credit card fees).
Three (3) night minimum stay on Holiday weekends, Bike Rally weekend, Dickens-On-The-Strand weekend, Spring Break, and Mardi Gras weekends.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay. Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.