Nice House, Not So Good Issue Help
Submitted: January 23, 2013
Stayed: December 2012
The house was very nice and easily located. A little skimpy on the towels. But other than that, the house was very nice and comfortable. However, we did have one issue. That was with the smoke detector. It went off early one morning, when we were all in bed. As we didn't know what was wrong, we contacted the maintenance staff, It took them over an hour to respond, all the while the detector was going off. The police even came to make sure we were ok.. When they finally arrived, they changed the battery in the smoke alarm, but they did so with a bad battery, so the detector started chirping. We again called the maintenance staff, several times in fact, and they NEVER came back. We had to listen to the chirping all week. The only other problem was the extra resort fee. I knew about it ahead of time, but it was more than I thought, and a waste of money, as we never used the facilities.
Families with Teenagers,
Families with Young Children,
People with Disabilities
Owner's Response: We are so sorry to hear about the poor maintenance response and fully understand how annoying the situation was. Our maintenance staff are usually much better and we have raised the matter with them. The smoke alarm batteries are renewed regularly but this must have been a battery that failed sooner than expected.
We also understand the frustration of having to pay the resort use fee whether you use the resort or not. It is beyond our control although we do make guests aware of the fee before they book. The fact that it was more than you expected was probably due to local taxes which always add to the face value. The fee does, however, represent great value for this unique and very well appointed resort.
Did you find this review helpful?