|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
Check Out LINK BELOW (bottom of the page) for video tour and slide show.
SAVE big w/ monthly rental Sept 8-May 17 (excluding Easter weeks)!!!!
Tired of arriving at your vacation destination only to find:
• towels are missing and you just stepped out of the shower?
• the springs in the chair sink to the ground and you were hoping for a cozy read?
• the hot water is cold and you’re covered with sand and shells?
• the Freon has drained dry in the air conditioning unit and it’s 99+ and sunny outside?
• the kitchen equipment you took camping exceeded what you find in the cabinets?
• the promised transportation doesn’t work and your feet are tired?
Merritt in the Middle, our “home away from home” offers:
• Freedom from the “oh, no” of disappointments mentioned above
• A cheerful, well maintained, well equipped ocean view cottage for families/friends looking for a quiet, relaxing, care-free vacation rental.
• Ocean views of South Beach off the front porch and the peaceful warmth of the maritime forest as a backyard
• Hardwood floors, freshly painted walls, colorful art work, dinnerware, games, books, and more…..
• Main home with inverted floor plan: LOWER with 2 bedrooms (master with Queen and TV, large bathroom including tub-shower, 2 sinks, and private screened porch; 2nd bedroom with 2 twins, queen sofa-couch, bath, TV), washer-dryer; UPPER with living/dining and kitchen, half bath, and comfortable front deck-porch with chairs and gorgeous views
• Porta-crib and high chair for your little one.
• Kitchen well equipped with spices, hot pot holders, pizza pan, cook books and other items to enjoy during your stay.
• 6 person golf cart with year-round maintenance agreement
* Two cruiser bikes for PAVED road use ONLY, 'as is' condition
• Experienced housekeeping whose goal it is to help us insure that your rental is of gold standard quality
• South Beach just a 3 minute walk across the street, East Beach or the Maritime Market or BHI Club with access to golf, tennis and swimming pool each just a 5 minute golf cart ride
• 14 miles of running on the beach, roads for biking beneath trees in the forest or along the coast
• Temporary membership available at Bald Head Island Club (options for golf, exercise facilities, tennis, croquet, restaurant) OR Shoal's Club (ocean side pool, exercise facilities,restaurants!). During HIGH SEASON, 7 nights rental at listed rate INCLUDES one week temporary membership at either club. Temporary club membership is available to purchase with rental outside of high season and 7 night rental.
The house that we rented was everything that the owner stated it would be! The location was great. However I am not sure that you can get a bad location. The owner went out of her way to make sure that we were at home in her house. We spent 10 days on the island and can not wait to go back. When we return we will look at one of her rentals again. We had a wonderful time exploring the island and could not ask for a better vacation. Everything that we planned went smoothly. The owner had great advise that made our trip easy. Her house had everything you need from beach items, to kitchen items. She is great to rent from. Thanks for wonderful time.
This is our second year staying in this house for our summer vacation to Bald Head Island. What a perfect location and a very comfortable home away from home. The owner went to great lengths to ensure that the house was clean, well maintained and that we had everything we needed for an excellent week. We even had a nice little gift waiting for us when we arrived. We will stay here again next year!
We stayed at Merritt in the Middle last July and greatly enjoyed our stay. The property was clean, bright and cheerful and the owner was very helpful and did a lot to make it homey and pleasant. There is a great view of the ocean from the balcony (love the ocean sounds!) and it is right across the street from the beach. We had a wonderful stay and have decided to book the house again for this summer. Highly recommend.
We have been coming to BHI for 11 years....this owner paid the most attention to detail and was the most helpful with questions, etc, of any of our property owners yet!
We were even welcomed with a fun gift at the front door when arriving, what a nice touch!
Definitely worth checking out!
This is our second stay at Merritt in the Middle. A short walk across the street to the beach, water views between the roofs of the houses in front, a sun and screened in porch . Merritt in the Middle is a cheery small 2 br high on the ridge so you have lovely views, big enough for a family of 4. Its an effortless stay at their houses.The Merritts do a wonderful job of appointing the house as if they were staying there. My pet peeve with vacation houses is that after you pay all that money, sometimes there isn't even a roll of toilet paper, dish detergent or napkins for your stay. All the basics are included at the Merritt houses. They take such good care of their guests. As an example, a big storm the day before we arrived blew out one of the screen panels on the porch. One call to the property manager who lives on the island and it was magically fixed within 24 hours. Thanks Merritts for wonderful stay.
I have stayed at Merritt in the Middle numerous times over the years and always leave with thoughts of returning as soon as possible. The house is tastefully appointed and the kitchen is well equipped. Basically everything you need, including great beach essentials and good bikes! The view from the upstairs deck is magnificent and the perfect place to end each wonderful day in Paradise. The owner always goes the extra mile to insure that all guests enjoy their stay. Wish I had more than 5 stars to give!
Two cruiser bikes for paved roads ONLY provided in 'as is' condition, Please bring helmets!
14 miles of ocean front jogging, surf fishing, trails through maritime forest, bike rental available and more
Bicycle/helmet Rental, Golf Cart Rental, Surf Board Rental, Kayak Rental, Beach Chair/Umbrella Rental all available Call 910-457-6844 or 910-457-4944;
Deep Point Ferry brochure available at www.baldheadisland.com/media/pdf/DeepPointBrochure.pdf
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Sep 20 2014 - May 22 2015
3 night minimum stay
May 23 2015 - Jun 12 2015
3 night minimum stay
Jun 13 2015 - Aug 21 2015
7 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$350|
Minimum age to rent 25 years
HIGH SEASON RENTAL = SATURDAY to SATURDAY, arrival and departure; Departure clean $135.00
MONTHLY rental available Oct 2014 to April 2015
Encourage vacation insurance (google or www.globaltravelshield.com)
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.