Why rent our log cabin?
- Three acres of heavily wooded aspen and pine
- Summer wildflowers
- Winter snow and sled-riding out the front door
- Incredible nighttime skies… millions of stars
- Gold medal trout fishing
- White water rafting close by
- Three world-class Colorado ski resorts
- Walk out the door for a hike or mountain bike ride
- Kids love the huge tee-pee
- Cabin geared towards family vacations
– Lots of toys, games, puzzles, books
Crisp blue skies, clean mountain air, and the sounds of silence coupled with a cozy log cabin. Are you looking for a place for your family to relax and rejuvenate from the treadmill of life? Commune with nature, reestablish family bonds and rekindle relationships around the fire! We hope you enjoy our peaceful, secluded log cabin.
Our cabin sits on a secluded 3-acre wooded mountain property less than 90 minutes from Denver and Colorado Springs. It’s only 20 miles to Breckenridge. The cabin is easy to find located just 3 miles off CO Hwy. 9 and 5 minutes from Fairplay and Alma.
The cabin sleeps 13 (11 in beds, with additional sleeping on sofas, pullout sofa, crib, and foam floor pads).
- Upstairs Master Bedroom – king size bed, crib and foam floor pads.
- Main Floor Bedroom – 2 double beds and 1 twin bed.
- Basement Bedroom - queen bed and sofa
- Basement Bunk Room – 2 twins
- Great Room – pullout sofa, futon
So if 'vacation' means returning to the simple life, then our cozy, comfortable, down-to-earth cabin is for you. It’s a great place for a secluded get-away or a family/group to reconnect with one another.
While living in Colorado Springs, JP and Michelle decided to pursue our dream of a cabin in the mountains. We knew the day would come when we'd move back to Lafayette, LA to be closer to family. We hoped that when the day for the move came, we'd be able to keep our mountain cabin. Now we enjoy family vacations to the mountains for ski trips and to escape the heat and humidity of summertime in Louisiana. Sharing our cabin with VRBO renters has been another blessing.
We chose Park County so we could be in the mountains without all the craziness of a tourist town. We love visiting the museums and shops in Fairplay during the summer. And we ski at Breckenridge, Keystone, A-basin, Vail and Monarch in the winter. Fairplay is centrally located for excellent fishing in the summer. It's a 1.5 hour drive from either Denver or Colorado Springs.
Our cabin is located on 3 acres in the Sun Mountain sub-division. We love the quiet! So quiet that you can hear your ears ringing! Our time at the cabin is a time to unplug from the rest of the world. No TVs or internet connections here. Just lots of family time around the wood stove, games, storytelling, reading and walks in the woods.