'YELLOW CREEK CABIN'
A very secluded creek side cabin within 14 miles of Robbinsville.
Come to “Yellow Creek Cabin” and step back in time while preserving all of the conveniences of home. Located on a private road, you can be sure this is one of the most secluded listings you will find. From the front porch you will enjoy seeing no cars, no homes, and no people while listening to the noisy trout stream that meanders around you. From the family room window you can watch trout rise in Yellow Creek a designated North Carolina trout stream. We are also only minutes away from several hatchery supported waters.
Our cabin is HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE, all wood, thoughtfully decorated Appalachian style cabin. It has two bedrooms each with queen beds, two full baths, and a queen sleeper sofa. It also offers a large fully covered porch facing the trout stream. Beside the stream there is a fire pit, park style charcoal grill and eating area (kids bring your wading shoes).
* Appalachian trail crossing (4 miles east)
* Cheoah River and kayak put in area (4 miles west) ***Kayaking on
select dates and only for the most experienced
* Nantahala River and whitewater rafting
* Deals Gap and the 'Tail of the Dragon'
* Lake Fontana and Fontana Dam (Highest Dam in Eastern US)
* Lake Santetlah
* Tsali Recreation Area for Mountain Biking and Horseback Riding
* Smoky Mountain Scenic railway
* Major Trout streams: Snowbird, Santetlah, Slick Rock, Hazel, and many more
* Cherohala Skyline Drive (13 miles)
* Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest
* Trail of Tears
* Stecoah Valley Center
* Cades Cove
* Cherokee N.C. Indian Reservation, Harrahs Cherokee Casino,
and play 'Unto These Hills'
* Foothills Parkway
Other Activities: (Horseshoe pits) Appalachian Trail crossing 4 miles @ Yellow Creek Gap