BIG OLD AND A MESS.
Submitted: November 2, 2011
Stayed: September 2011
IAM WRITING THIS REVIEW SO LATE, BECAUSE I WAS WAITING FOR MY DEPOSIT, CONTRACT STATES OWNER WILL REFUND 45 DAYS AFTER YOU HAVE LEFT. MY 45 DAYS WAS UP OCT 25TH. I RECEIVED DEPOSIT ON 11/2/11. THIS IS 10 DAYS PAST THE 45 DAYS AFTER I CALLED OWNER 4 TIMES ABOUT REFUND. NEVER ONCE DID HE MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT NOT REFUNDING FULL AMOUNT. HE KEPT $50 FOR GAS IN BOAT THAT WE NEVER TOOK OUT DUE TO IT NOT BEING EQUIPT WITH LIFE JACKETS THAT WERE WATER WORTHY, BOAT WAS INFESTED WITH ANTS. HE ALSO KEPT $50 FOR CLEANING BEACH AREA, DUE TO FIRE THAT WAS BUILT. I PERSONALLY CLEANED THE BEACH WHEN I ARRIVED BECAUSE I HAVE A GRAND SON UNDER 2 AND WANTED TO BE SURE IT WAS SAFE, I ALSO CLEANED IT BEFORE WE LEFT.
WHEN WE ARRIVED I WAS IN SHOCK, WHERE TO I BEGIN. THE HUGH REC ROOM ON LOWER LEVEL IS NOT SAFE FOR CHILDREN, WIRING FOR LIGHTS IS SUB STANDARD AND WOULD NOT PASS INSPECTION, NO RAILING ON STAIR WERE EXTREMELY UNSAFE. THE MIDDLE LEVEL WHERE KITCHEN IS LOCATED HAS BATH, WHICH I HAD TO CLEAN DUE TO FICIES LEFT BEHIND. THE POTS AND PANS WERE OLDER THEN MYSELF ALL TEFLON WAS CHIPPING OFF AND WE WOULDN’T USE. THE PORCH OR DECK OFF THIS ROOM WAS ALSO UNSAFE FOR SMALL CHILDREN, THE RAILING WAS VER FLIMSEY. WIFI DIDN’T WORK SO WE HAD TO GO INTO TOWN TO GET ON LINE DUE TO OUR BUSINESS. THE MASTER SUITE ON UPPER LEVEL HAS A BATH THAT THE SHOWER DOOR KEPT FALLING OFF TRACK AND ON WHOEVER WAS TAKING SHOWER. THE AIR CONDITIONING ARE WINDOW AIR CONDITIONERS, NOT CENTRAL….VERY NOISY.
I HAD INVITED GUEST TO COOK OUT AND THE GRILLE WAS TERRIBLE.
WE ONLY LIVE 30 MIN AND WE ENDED UP COMING HOME SO WE COULD SHOWER AND SLEEP. WE TOOK OUR RANGER BASS BOAT AND DIDN’T NEED HIS GAS OR HIS BOAT. I CLEANED WHEN I ARRIVED AND WHEN I LEFT. JUST A WORD OF WARNING DON’T SPEND YOUR MONEY ON THIS PLACE.
Owner's Response: No problems were were mentioned until we deducted for not re-filling gas tank, which was full when they moved in and empty when they moved out. Then, of course, everything was bad. She said somebody must have stole the gas from the boat. Probably so; some of her group siphoned it from our boat to theirs. There are safety barriers to all decks so that it is impossible for a child to fall off. We have had many children stay over the years and none have ever got hurt. The wiring in the house where we lived for thirty years, was done by our son who was a commercial electrician. We have never had any electrical problems. We were a few days late refunding the deposit, but never had any complaint until we charged them for re-filling the gas tank on the boat. Therefore, a large dose of salt is required.
I ADMIT I MADE A MISTAKE. FOUND OUT THAT THE GAS CAN LEAKED AND REPLACED IT. WILL RETURN $50 TO RENTER IF SHE WILL CONTACT ME. REPLACED SOME PANS AND SOME LIFEJACKETS, BUT SHE VIOLATED COUNTY ORDINANCE BY HAVING A FIRE ON THE BEACH THAT MADE A MESS.
Helpful votes: 9/9
Did you find this review helpful?