Richmond District Apartment Rental Photos and Description
Apartment, 4 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, (Sleeps 7-8)
The building is a beautiful, well-maintained, 1912 Edwardian. The flat is one of three units and is situated on the third and fourth floor (2nd and 3rd floors in UK English) of the building.
Great location (Lake and 12th St), right across the street from a kid-friendly (slides, swings, play structure) park with tennis courts and a lake. Presidio National Park hiking paths are also across the street. Beach is a 15 min walk, as is the De Young Museum and Golden Gate Park. Bike across the Golden Gate bridge and be in the Marin Headlands in 20 minutes. Clement St. restaurants and shopping are only two blocks away and public transit is just a block away (including express buses to downtown in the morning).
Upstairs on the top level:
- Master BR: 1 queen sized bed and a sitting area. Bathroom en suite and has City views out to the ocean.
- Very comfortable, newly updated bathroom with double sinks, heated floor, and large walk-in rain shower
- There is small office area that leads to another bedroom located at the front (Lake St.) side of the top floor
- Bedroom: XL Twin Bed (Not the bunk shown in the picture)
- a gas BBQ grill on the back stairs
Lower level from front of the flat to rear:
- Living room with HDTV/satellite/DVR/Surround Sound and large flat panel TV
- Bedroom with full-sized platform bed
- Bedroom with a Queen-sized bed.
- Entry hallway (stairs leading to the front door and up to the top level) with an upright piano
- Full Bathroom, newly renovated, with large whirlpool tub and shower combination
- Updated kitchen with hardwood floors, granite counter tops, two sinks, two microwaves, and stainless steel appliances. The kitchen is open to the dinning room
- Dining room / sitting room with satellite TV - garden/city views out the window towards the back of the building
- Trash Compactor
- Stairs leading down to the shared garden
There is also access to an elegant backyard with a patio (shared), outdoor furniture, and a gas BBQ. This is a great place to come and relax after a day out in the San Francisco Bay Area.
The flat is perfect for an extended family vacation (note: we do not rent to large parties with more than 3-4 adults in it), working professionals (lots of professionals in the neighborhood) in relocation transition, or a family needing a place to stay while renovating and don't want to stay in a hotel.
No smoking. Sorry, this is NOT negotiable.
Note: this is our home and there will be personal items left in the house, but the flat will be delivered clean with closet and dressers space in the bedrooms available, so you feel comfortable.
If you need suggestions of places to go and things to do during your stay, please don't hesitate to ask. We are here to help make your stay as relaxing and enjoyable as possible!
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
About The Owner
After years of traveling internationally, we decided to settle down in San Francisco. It's now been( hard to imagine!) over 20 years.
When we had kids, we also decided that it would be a great place to raise a family. We have not been disappointed. And as time goes on, we find that living in SF, especially the Inner Richmond/Lake St. is about as perfect a spot as we could imagine.
The Owner purchased this apartment in 1995
Why The Owner chose Richmond District
This is not a 'vacation rental' it's really our home -so we choose the location because it's quiet, safe, close to parks, public transit, and walking distance to restaurants/shopping/etc.
What makes this apartment unique
Our Lake street home is really ideal for families with children - both young and old. We live right across the street from a park that kids of people who have stayed here call the 'greatest park in the world'. Maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but if you have kids who like to swing, climb, or just feed the ducks, it's wonderful. The location also turns out to be incredibly great - basically 15 mins from everything, including the California Academy of science and the deYoung. And just a short 15 ride takes you into the Marin Headlands where love to go hiking.