Modern amenities with a lodge atmosphere, designed for gatherings of family. Every room has a full view of the exclusive beach and lakefront. Expansive great-room features a fireplace and massive dining table.
House details - great room: This magnificent custom built home is a year-round lakefront beach house perfectly designed for gatherings of family and friends. With soaring beams reminiscent of the hull of a ship, the impressive living room opens to multiple levels and balconies. The most striking feature of this superbly built house is the living room with its soaring 30-foot ponderosa pine curved custom ceiling beams. The room features a wood burning stone fireplace that stretches to the ceiling. A massive moose & elk antler chandelier hangs over a 20-foot extendable table. Wrought iron wall sconces surround the room. The floors are made of porcelain tile and a luxurious inset carpet with borders that encompass the lounge area. Beyond the floor-to-ceiling windows is a magnificent view of the beach. Watch the sun walk across the sky and into beautiful sun sets from the living room.
Outdoors: The outdoor stone patio not only overlooks the beach, but is also outfitted with a gas heater, wood Adirondack chairs and fire pit. It is a relaxing sanctuary for stargazing and a convenient place to roast marshmallows or grill. The beach has endless miles for scenic walks in either direction. As the sun disappears, the beach can be used for night-time bonfires and easy star-gazing. During the day, the 5 acres provide nature walks on paths. Lake Michigan's clean waters are fun for swimming and water activities for all ages.
This is the perfect get-away house and location, providing the perfect setting to catch up on all those books.
Winery Tours Nearby: This house is a perfect layout for a Family reunion. Visit local wineries and stay on the beach to complete the week. At an extra fee limo services to the wineries can be arranged.
- Regional Airports: Nearest airport 20 minutes (Benton Harbor)
- Four local golf courses: Point O’ Woods, Hawks Head, Lake Michigan Hills, Berrien Hills
- Kal-Haven Bike Trails: 34 miles from South Haven to Kalamazoo
- Boating Harbors and Restaurants 20 minutes to South Haven, 20 minutes to St. Joseph
- Fishing Charters available at both South Haven and St. Joseph Harbors
- Local Wineries: Tabor Hill and Lemon Creek 30 minutes
- Farms: Apple, strawberry, blueberry and pumpkin picking 15 minutes
- Lighthouse Outlet Mall: Distance 1 hour (Michigan City)
- Kid Attractions: Deer Park Petting Zoo, Equestrian Center, Paintball Field
- Annual Summer St. Joseph: Krasl Art Fair, Venetian Festival, and 4th of July Fireworks
- Allegan County: Antique Market and Summer Fair with 4-H Programs
- GingerMan Raceway: Performance Cars
- Winter Activities: Cross-Country Skiing 10 minutes, Down-Hill Skiing 1 hour, Snowmobiling
Golf: 12 miles from Benton Harbor, St. Joseph and South Haven
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
May 31 2014 - Sep 13 2014
7 night minimum stay
Out of Season
Sep 14 2014 - Dec 6 2014
3 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$5,000|
|The security deposit or damage deposit is due upon signing the Rental Agreement and is not part of the rent. This is put into a non- interest account and is used to hold your week.|
|Notes||There is an additional $500. cleaning fee that is due with the rent amount.|
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.