You will find that our most welcoming home in rural Southwest Ireland is a charming, atmospheric and spacious holiday rental which is ideal for large families or perhaps smaller groups of family or friends to share.
We are very proud that we are currently ranked NO.1 for our type of accomodation in the Limerick area.
Ballyteigue House in County Limerick is a large 4* country house of great character, built in 1800s as a “hunting lodge”, now beautifully presented making it a perfect, comfortable holiday base for you.
If you are interested in golfing, fishing, hillwalking, cycling, mountain biking, horse-riding or touring this most beautiful and historic part of Ireland you will find no better place.
Ballyteigue House is close to the village of Bruree and is set on a hill, enjoying beautiful sweeping views over the lush Golden Vale countryside, and onto the Ballyhoura hills, and Galtee Mountains.
If you want, you can stay put and just wallow in the rural tranquility, light a roaring fire and settle down with a good book….. but on your doorstep is undoubtedly an area of legend, of folklore, castles, priorys, monastic and prehistoric ruins for you to discover.
If you are looking to discover more of Southwest Ireland, Ballyteigue is a fantastic location with so much within an hours drive in ANY direction
- the ATLANTIC Ocean for walking beaches, swimming, surfing, hot seaweed baths in Ballybunion
- KILLARNEY and its National Park with stunning lakes and mountains,
- TIPPERARY, where you will see Rock of Cashel, and visit Mitchelstown Caves along the way
- CLARE for the Cliffs of Moher and the iconic Burren
- CORK City, with Kinsale and Blarney Castle and Fota Wildlife Park nearby
- LIMERICK as City of Culture 2014 with an unending program of events
- Cork, Shannon and Kerry Airports
Closer to home,
o ADARE Village one of Irelands prettiest with a Heritage Centre, Adare Manor Golf Club and a great selection of good restuarants and pubs
o a donkey santuary near the village of Buttevant,
o a cycleway along old railway line in the Rathkeale/Newcastle West area (bikes can be rented locally)
o BALLYHOURA Forest Park, with world class mountain biking hosting 2014 European Marathon Championships in June, also has Hiking Trails, Orienteering, Bike Rental , and Kilfinane Outdoor Adventure Centre nearby
o LOCH GUR Heritage Centre exhibiting over 6000 years of history (Certificate of Excellence 2013)
- Bunratty Castle and Folk Park....you can spend a lovely day here. You will be charmed as you visit the farm houses and cottages and watch the tasks of rural Irish families. Make sure you see the baking of the griddle bread next to the fire and tasting it hot with fresh creamery butter.
Our house, your holiday home....
BALLYTEIGUE HOUSE, in its private scenic rural location and surrounding area is particularly appealing to
- Artists /writers /musicians looking to be inspired in a beautiful natural environment.
- Family groups needing lots of space
- Outdoor Adverturers loving comfort after busy day exploring
It has been a family home for many years and inside exudes coziness, homeliness and convenience.
Outside we have a lovely, well tended garden for you to wander around, which is safe for young children to run and play. The BBQ is ready and waiting for you to fire up on warm summer evenings allowing you to sit back, relax and watch the swallows swoop.
Inside our large gracious Georgian hunting lodge, you will find 4 extra large bedrooms ensuite sleeping 2/3 in each room and one smaller bedroom with its own separate bathroom.
All rooms are tastily furnished with beautiful period furniture which adds to the ambiance. You can enjoy 2 large sitting rooms (one with TV, DVD) and a large well equipped kitchen.
As we have a a splendid Dining room that has hosted many of our families Birthday partys, Christmas reunions, and may other special occasions. It could be equally special and memorable for YOUR family or friends gatherings.
The piano and large open fireplaces add to the ambiance of our tranquil country retreat.
Wifi is available throughout the house.
Owners live nearby and will help as much as they can to make your holiday a memorable one.
SHANNON Airport 50 mins
CORK Airport: 60 mins
Limerick City: 25mins
Cork City: 50 mins
Killarney: 75 mins
Important dates for 2014
3/5th May - Ballyhoura International Walking Festival
14/15th June - EUROPEAN MOUNTAIN BIKING MARATHON in nearby Ballyhoura
23 Aug - Limerick Show (Irelands Largest Agricultural Show)
6-9th Oct: This year Ireland will host the ATTA’s 11th annual ADVENTURE TRAVEL WORLD Travel World Summit (ATWS) in Killarney;
Always ask for offers and late deals and we are flexible for midweek bookings and small numbers. Do ask us.
Phone +353 63 90575, +353 87 6789452
Keywords: Georgian Country House, Limerick Holidays, Limerick City of Culture, walking in ireland, fishing in ireland, horseriding, Limerick holiday rental, Bruree house rental, Bruree Vacation rental, luxury house rental, Ireland golf vacation rental, European Mountain Biking Marathon, ATTA 11th annual ADVENTURE TRAVEL WORLD Travel World Summit, late deals
In March of 2013, 14 members of my family came here for vacation. The owners of the property were so friendly and accommodating. The property has amazing views and is so charming! Pictures cannot do this house justice! I would recommend this place to any person vacationing in Ireland!
Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
GOLF - Choose from famous Links at Ballybunnion/Kerry, or Lahinch/Clare.
--- Championship course Adare(20 mins),
---- Or local Charleville (10mins drive, Limerick County Golf and Country Club:
WALKING - Organised walks each Sunday in Ballyhoura-visitors welcome. Or take yourself along the BALLYHOURA WAY 22 loop walks for every type of enthusiast.
- BALLYHOURA INTERNATIONAL WALKING FESTIVAL 3rd-5th May:
- HIKING IN Kerry/MCGILLYCUDDY REEKS, we can put you in touch with a guide that will take any of the many walks in the this stunning part of Ireland:
- CYCLING - the BALLYHOURA MOUNTAIN BIKE TRAIL-the largest trail in Ireland (96k) provides many options for off-road cycling in the mountains (showers and bike hire available on site).
Also hosting EUROPEAN MOUNTAIN BIKING MARATHON 14TH & 15TH June:
- HORSE- RIDING can be arranged in Clonshire, Adare:
- HORSE RACING Limerick race course 20mins away:
LOCAL FESTIVALS “Killmallock Flower Show” July, the
Charleville Agriculture Show in July and the Limerick Show in August