Aurora House Rental Photos and Description
3 bdrm, 2 bath w/WRAP AROUND DECK ON THE WATER - on Cayuga (one of Fingerlakes)
* Please fully read the property description, location and e-mail questions regarding living in New York State rural environment!
* ON THE WATER 10 MILE VIEW FROM WRAP AROUND DECK - YEAR ROUND TASTEFULLY FURNISHED private HOME ( NOT a MOTEL/HOTEL) - 1 mile south of the charming village of Aurora near Wells College. Perfect for summer vacations and autumn retreats.
YOU WILL BE COMFORTABLE AT SUNSET HOUSE whether you use it as a base for activities or just never leave once you arrive.
THE MAIN LEVEL includes a Great Room with cathedral ceilings (ceiling fans), gas fireplace, basic cable TV, DVD, and CD/radio with sound system.
DINING AREA, FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN with dual fuel stove, microwave and coffeemaker.
* OUTSTANDING SUNSETS
* RENOWNED Finger Lakes WINE TRAIL
* Dock with swim ladder to lake
* 1 MILE TO CHARMING VILLAGE OF AURORA , Cell phone is necessary and ATT reception can be a problem. 1 mile south to beach at Long Point State Park.
* NEARBY: twenty easy miles to the heart of ITHACA, 30 minutes to SKANEATLES and 30 minutes to Auburn.
* Plus or minus 1 hr to Syracuse, Rochester, Corning and Watkins Glen.
* WINE TRAIL and-3 1/2 miles to Goose Watch Winery by boat.
* MACKENZIE-CHILDS POTTERY FACTORY, Bass Pro Shop,
* SUNSET HOUSE, located next to last house, is a member of a 30+HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION - Great neighbors.
* Bringing your own linens is preferable. Linens and towels are available. Blankets and pillows provided.
* WI-FI AVAILABLE at Dorie's Restaurant, Wells College and Fargo Bar and Grill in Aurora (1 mile)
* WATER FOR COOKING AND DRINKING IS PROVIDED. Treated, sanitized well water for showers and sinks is not for drinking.
- pets not allowed
- non smoking only
- Low Allergen Environment
- wheelchair inaccessible
- children welcome
Guestbook comments from the owner
Oct. 5-12, 2013
We all had a wonderful time here! We especially loved the time we spent on the deck overlooking the lake. The lake home was cozy and inviting. Thanks again!
Tim, Brooke, Ben and Carly -
Phyllis for FAQ and other INFO
Phil and Phyllis purchased the property from a family member. Phil's dream was to build his own home on the lake in 1993. We worked together on the home while working for corporations in Rochester, NY. We've met many interesting families and enjoy sharing our lake home.
Home Away encourages reviews and we've been pleased with this option. However, we had a couple stay who submitted a review 10 months after their stay. The review was totally
It is our opinion that the persons submitting this review suffer from mental issues. If you read this negative review PLEASE CHECK PHIL's RESPONSE at the end of the review. THANK YOU.
The property belonged to Phil's Uncle and he wanted to keep the property in the family. We are so delighted to have been able to build Sunset House for the family. We hope you enjoy your stay!
Sunset House deck is over the lake and all the rooms have views of the lake. There is a Chiminea for fires on a cool day and comfy outdoor furniture. Our lake home is tastefully decorated and family antiques add to the charm of the home..