* Please fully read the property description, location and e-mail questions regarding living in New York State rural environment!
* ON THE WATER 10 MILE VIEW FROM WRAP AROUND DECK - YEAR ROUND TASTEFULLY FURNISHED private HOME ( NOT a MOTEL/HOTEL) - 1 mile south of the charming village of Aurora near Wells College. Perfect for summer vacations and autumn retreats.
YOU WILL BE COMFORTABLE AT SUNSET HOUSE whether you use it as a base for activities or just never leave once you arrive.
THE MAIN LEVEL includes a Great Room with cathedral ceilings (ceiling fans), gas fireplace, basic cable TV, DVD, and CD/radio with sound system.
DINING AREA, FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN with dual fuel stove, microwave and coffeemaker.
* OUTSTANDING SUNSETS
* RENOWNED Finger Lakes WINE TRAIL
* Dock with swim ladder to lake
* 1 MILE TO CHARMING VILLAGE OF AURORA , Cell phone is necessary and ATT reception can be a problem. 1 mile south to beach at Long Point State Park.
* NEARBY: twenty easy miles to the heart of ITHACA, 30 minutes to SKANEATLES and 30 minutes to Auburn.
* Plus or minus 1 hr to Syracuse, Rochester, Corning and Watkins Glen.
* WINE TRAIL and-3 1/2 miles to Goose Watch Winery by boat.
* MACKENZIE-CHILDS POTTERY FACTORY, Bass Pro Shop,
* SUNSET HOUSE, located next to last house, is a member of a 30+HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION - Great neighbors.
* Bringing your own linens is preferable. Linens and towels are available. Blankets and pillows provided.
* WI-FI AVAILABLE at Dorie's Restaurant, Wells College and Fargo Bar and Grill in Aurora (1 mile)
* WATER FOR COOKING AND DRINKING IS PROVIDED. Treated, sanitized well water for showers and sinks is not for drinking.
Oct. 5-12, 2013
We all had a wonderful time here! We especially loved the time we spent on the deck overlooking the lake. The lake home was cozy and inviting. Thanks again!
Tim, Brooke, Ben and Carly -
Phil and Phyllis purchased the property from a family member. Phil's dream was to build his own home on the lake in 1993. We worked together on the home while working for corporations in Rochester, NY. We've met many interesting families and enjoy sharing our lake home.
Home Away encourages reviews and we've been pleased with this option. However, we had a couple stay who submitted a review 10 months after their stay. The review was totally
It is our opinion that the persons submitting this review suffer from mental issues. If you read this negative review PLEASE CHECK PHIL's RESPONSE at the end of the review. THANK YOU.
The property belonged to Phil's Uncle and he wanted to keep the property in the family. We are so delighted to have been able to build Sunset House for the family. We hope you enjoy your stay!
Sunset House deck is over the lake and all the rooms have views of the lake. There is a Chiminea for fires on a cool day and comfy outdoor furniture. Our lake home is tastefully decorated and family antiques add to the charm of the home..
Reading the complete property description will insure you enjoy staying at our lake home in a beautiful rural environment.
Communicate by e-mail or contact by phone number to deal with any questions or concerns.
If you completely read the reviews you will observe one of our guests waited 10 months to submit a negative review. Please contact the owner immediately if the property does not meet expectations. Contact the owner immediately during your stay and owner will make any reasonable effort to rectify concerns or problems.
For shopping 1 mile from the charming village of Aurora and 5 miles from Union Springs New York. Nestled along the eastern shore of Cayuga Lake Aurora is surrounded by rolling farmland and dramatic gorges and waterfalls. Guests staying at Sunset House enjoy beautiful scenery. wineries, artisan cheese making, dining, antiques, shopping, outdoor recreation.
Golf: WELLS COLLEGE GOLF COURSE
A beautiful nine-hole course designed by Robert Trent Jones, Club and cart rental available. Concessions and prop shop on premises. Open dawn to dusk,
KING FERRY GOLF COURSE
1309 Clearview Rd., King Ferry. Scottish-links style, 9 holes with lake view.
315-364-7343 King Ferry Golf Club.com
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jun 30 2014 - Aug 31 2014
3 night minimum stay
Sep 1 2014 - Nov 16 2014
3 night minimum stay
|We ask for 1/2 the rental by check to confirm your reservation. The rest of the rental fees will be received by us when you arrive. We also ask for a check for the security ($500) which is returned to you after one week if the home is as you found it when you arrived and there is no damage to the property.|
|Notes||1/2 RENTAL HOLDS RESERVATION - SECURITY RETURNED WITHIN 1 WEEK
1 week res for July-August
* July and August - $1680/wk for Sat-to-Sat or Sun-to-Sun. EARLY BOOKING DISCOUNT.
* June - $1550/wk for Sat-to-Sat or Sun-to-Sun.
* Memorial Day,Labor day, Wells, Cornell and Ithaca Graduation weekends 3 DAY minimum ($240 day)
* WEEKLY spring/fall - May, Sept.,Oct., Nov - $1365.00/wk. RATE OFF peak
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.