Lodi House Rental Photos and Description
3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, sleeps 6
Our home is right in the heart of wine country and overlooks the lake from the east side, so the views are amazing and the sunsets are often filled with spectacular colors. Set among summer cottages and homes in a rustic/country-style neighborhood, our property has 75 feet of spacious lake frontage and a 10 foot wide dock. Depending on the weather and day of the week, the atmosphere on this uncongested lake ranges from calm and peaceful to joyful and fun.
Our home is fully furnished and features an Arts & Crafts-style living room. The master bedroom, living room, and especially the dining room (with its eight windows) all have clear, broad views of the lake/sunsets. The community areas are large too (living room: 17' x 22', kitchen and dining room: 22' x 22'). Up to six people can sleep comfortably in the three bedrooms with one queen, one full-size, and two twin beds. The kitchen is fully stocked and the house has air conditioning. There is enough parking for two or three vehicles.
Just outside the house is an intimate yard with a gas grill and a patio set that has cushioned seats and an umbrella. On the lakefront, there's a bonfire ring and a picnic table with an umbrella. You can borrow the owner's kayak and row boat (with oars), or use the floats/tubes, and extra chairs that are kept in the boat shed. There's something for everyone, including swimming, boating, kayaking, floating/lounging, long walks along a dirt road through vineyards, fishing, and romantic evenings watching the sun set and drinking local wine.
Further Description of Amenities:
- full kitchen with microwave, dishwasher, coffee maker, and cooking/eating utensils
- satellite TV and DVD player in living room
- satellite TV in master bedroom
- high speed, wireless internet
- air conditioning
- clean linens provided
- clothes washer and dryer
- 75 feet of lake frontage
- 10 foot wide dock
- area on lakefront for launching small boats (up to 14 feet long)
- clear, broad views of the lake/sunsets from the yard and from many rooms of the house
- parking for two or three vehicles
- three bedrooms with two queen and two twin beds
- in the yard is a gas grill and patio set with cushioned seats and an umbrella
- on the lake frontage, there's a bonfire ring and a picnic table with an umbrella. You can borrow the owner's kayak and row boat, or use the floats/tubes, life preservers, and extra chairs that are kept in the boat shed
- access to the lake frontage from the yard is by way of a sturdy staircase or by a short road that goes around the neighborhood (about 1/4 mile to our frontage). The staircase has about 70 steps. The run for the steps is 11 inches, which is nice, and there are three decks with benches, in case anyone needs to rest or wants to see the view. It's also very handy to be able to drive down if you're carrying coolers, towels, suntan lotion, or are taking some small kids down all at once. The road is for limited use, especially on crowded weekends, but it is there when needed.
Other Attractions and Activities:
- mountain biking
- water skiing
The surrounding area is incredibly dense with wineries overlooking the lake. You can have a great time touring the area and tasting wines. THERE ARE 10 WINERIES AND A BREWERY WITHIN A 10 MINUTE DRIVE, AND ONE WINERY WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE. The property is 15 minutes from Watkins Glen, home of the Watkins Glen International Race Track, Watkins Glen Gorge, and Glen Harbor Marina. It's also surrounded by the Finger Lakes National Forest, with many nice hiking trails. You-pick fruit orchards and honor-system fruit and vegetable stands are available frequently during the summer and fall. Skyland Farm, a fine-craft gallery with items from over 500 artists and a feeding farm, is a must-see. The cuisine in the area is delicious with dining atmospheres ranging from casual to elegant. Two miles across the lake, the Rainbow Cove Restaurant has slips for boats.
Here are some of the local events.
- Finger Lakes Wine Festival, July
- Nascar races at Watkins Glen International Racetrack, Watkins Glen, NY
- Lodi Bluegrass Festival, October, Lodi, NY
For those willing to drive a little farther, other attractions include the Museum of the Earth, which is 30 minutes away, and Ithaca, NY (a 40 minute drive), with many musical venues and a wide variety of international cuisine. The Corning Museum of Glass as well as the Rockwell Museum are also 40 minutes away in Corning, NY. Some of the festivals and events held in the area include the following.
- Blue Heron Music Festival, July, Findley Lake, NY
- Grassroots Music Festival, July, Trumansburg, NY
- Sterling Renaissance Festival, part of July and August, Sterling, NY
- Festival of the Arts, July, Corning, NY
- Grape Festival, September, Naples, NY
- Cohocton Fall Festival, October, Cohocton, NY
- Annual Apple Festival & Craft Show, October, Schodack, NY
The Museum of the Earth is 35 minutes away, and Ithaca, NY, which also has many musical venues and a wide variety of international cuisine, is 45 minutes. The Corning Museum of Glass as well as the Rockwell Museum are also 45 minutes away in Corning, NY
- pets considered
- non smoking only
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- wheelchair inaccessible