: Seiches, junction 12 A11
: Lake beach
Vine House at Le Bignon is located in peaceful, moderate and gentle countryside with many wooded areas lying between the tranquil River Loir just to the north and the majestic River Loire, a UNESCO World Heritage region just to the south. Less than 10 min away: 'Reserve Naturelle de Chambiers' , a mixed forest with miles of gentle paths for walking or cycling or, for children, a small theme park in the grounds of a château & a swimming lake with beach and cafe. City of Angers, with its château, cathedral, fabulous shopping and beautiful gardens is 20 min W and Saumur, a magical town on the banks of the Loire lies 40 min S. Loire châteaux are easily accessible: ViIlandry, Chinon, Fontevraud, Tours, Blois, Amboise, Azay le Rideau & wine tastings include Saumur, Anjou, Chinon, Bourgeuil. Popular day trips: the fabulous beach at La Baule & the walled town & amazing salt flats of Guerande (2 hrs drive); the TGV from Angers for a day in Paris (90 min); the amazing Puy de Fou (70 min drive)
Other Activities: gliding, trail biking, markets, brocantes, wine tasting
Golf: Le Bignon Golf Breaks are available throughout the year for 2 - 12 golfers. They offer:
* Four top quality golf courses, all in superb condition and of a standard to suit all levels of play, including one of the top 3 rated courses in NW France (Bauge, 15 minutes drive) :
* All arrangements including reserved and guaranteed tee times, buggies hired, meals organised and competitions administered, if required
* Liaison with the course managers to make your welcome at the golfing venue as warm as it is at Le Bignon
* Discounted green fees
* Great accommodation and room to relax and dissect the round at the end of the day!
To complement the top class golf, Le Bignon offers you quality accommodation, either in Chambres d'Hotes or in Vine House, wonderful food and wine, a heated pool and extensive grounds and the very warmest of welcomes.
* Options for non-golfing guests including wine visits, gliding experience, visits to local markets and shopping, sightseeing and châteaux visits. Rates on request.