|Minimum Stay||5 nights|
The views (for which the house was named) is located in the hills of Los Chivos on a ridge overlooking the Caribbean on Vieques Island. A very quiet tropical setting offering the tranquility one yearns for on a Caribbean vacation. The house offers a 50' open veranda that runs the length of the house and has outstanding unobstructed views of Sun and Bio Bays. The home features two separate suites that makes it ideal for two family's or couples. The huge master suite has a king size bed and en-suite bath there is also a single/twin bed if you need to accommodate another person. The second suite has a queen and full size beds that can easily sleep four and also has an en-suite bath and private patio. The newest addition to the house is a 30'X12' salt water pool that feel like it is suspended mid air. The pool has a huge deck surrounding the pool a 8' privacy wall with outdoor shower, creating a very intimate setting. This home is very private a great place to get away from it all.
When you arrive: Our house manager will meet you and bring you to the house, give you all the perks of the house to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. You will need a car and we can direct you to a number of car rental agency's on the island. This is a free range island so horses do hang out . There are also a few cats and dogs in the neighborhood that tend to visit without invitation.
This is our eighth trip to Vieques and our second at Casa La Vista. As we know the island well and have seen and stayed at several villas, believe me when we say Casa La Vista is incredible. The villa provides 2 big and private master suites, a phenomenal veranda from which the view to the sea beyond never ceases to amaze, and the pool is honestly one of the very best on the island. Whether you are on the veranda or at the pool you feel like you are perched above the Caribbean with 180+ degree views and sunsets to die for.
The location provides just the right balance between privacy and easy access to Esperanza and Isabel Segundo...almost equidistant between each town. We look forward to our next visit.
Ray and John
We waited a while to write this review, so as to digest our stay. Let me preface this review by saying that we go to Vieques twice a year, two weeks at a time. We usually spend one week at one casa and the next at a different one. This gives us the opportunity to stay at a lot of different houses.
There's more pro's than cons with Casa La Vista. Here's the cons:
1. Frig is way too small and doesn't have an ice maker. So why do I mention this? Because if your as avid beach goers as we are you'll miss having plently of ice. We bought some more plastic ice trays and left them.
2. Drive is very steep. We were initially told to back down. After spending a day on dusty, muddy refuge roads the back (plastic) window on our jeep was impossible to see out of. This makes backing down the curved drive tough if not impossible. We ended up pulling down and then turning around.
3. Locks...so many locks. I realize the locks are for our protection and the rajas (iron bars) are on the inside of the house, little different.
4. Totally out of the owners control are the looming Hix (looks like a Hix house) up above. Many times we saw someone watching us at the pool or exiting the house. There's another one being built to the east, it might be completed by now. Casa La Vista's architecture is more fitting to the landcape (just our opinion).
1. The view with this house is a 10. Nearly the best we've had on the island. Perfect
2. The master bedroom was so cool and quiet and that's without any air conditioning. Perfect another 10
3. Internet worked Perfectly
4. Veranda was spectacular, great furntiure and well done....another 10
5. The pool is beautiful, but we don't go to the Caribbean to swim in a pool, anyway pool lovers will not be disappointed.
6. Plenty of beach chairs and outdoor equiptment.
7. Nice large master bath with large walkin shower
8. Washer/dryer is convientantly near the entrance, helps when you come in with wet beach clothes.
9. Beautiful landscaped with wonderful smelling orchids on the veranda. Largest ponytail palms I've ever seen.
10. This was one of the quietest places we've stayed at. A 10
11. Location wise this is a very convienant place to stay at.
All in all Casa La Vista is a very good deal, we would say a 9 out of 10. You could pay a whole lot more for a lot less on Vieques. We've only found a couple other houses with as nice a view and nearly none as quiet. We would recommend Casa La Vista to others.
The pictures of the outdoor space do not do it justice! Seriously, the pool area is amazing! We had a wonderful 5 nights on vieques. This house is in an extremely convenient location very close to the Best beaches and esperanza. Dennis, the house manager, gave us lots of tips and was very helpful. I cannot wait to return.
I felt compelled to write this review after seeing one negative posting about Casa la Vista. We stayed there more than once, for a total of about 11 days (all during one trip). The house is very cool! The pool is one of the best on the island (and spotless) The communal areas are comfortable and well appointed,and the veranda is extraordinary. Any little issues that arose were handled with ease, but i think the person who complained must be more suited to a 'package resort location" (which we hate !) If you can't chill when you go to the carrib? Unfortunatley my daughter is getting older and cant miss as much school, but when I ask her where she wants to stay on our next visit, she wants La Vista ! (so do her Mom and I ) We have stayed at some of the more high end places on the island, and unless we had a large family get together, La Vista is a great choice. Thanks Micheal !
What can I say this place is amazing,we loved Casa la Vista,they aren't kidding about the views...spectacular!!
We were two couples,each had our our bedrooms with private baths,very private as well as the home.The pool is also very private with the most amazing views unubstucted overlooking the Bio and Sun Bays. The house manager is very nice brought us to our car rental and was very informative. We will definately be back.
Just got back from our third stay at Cas la Vista and it just gets better each time. This home is very special because of its location and views...stunning. The privacy that the home and pool offer make you feel your on your own private island. We would highly recommend this hoem to anyone.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Nov 15 2014 - Apr 30 2015
5 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||$89|
50% deposit required upfront the other 50% due two weeks before rental starts.
$300.00 per night 4 night minimum stay required.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.