Great Beachfront Vacation Rental for the Price
We've just returned from our amazing, affordable vacation in Rincon for which we stayed at Casa Por Fin Tres Palmas. This little house was perfect for our family of 2 couples, 1 toddler, mother and daughter. Having 3 bathrooms was a huge bonus, as was the gorgeous setting.
Anna, the owner, is a wonderfully responsive host, and she worked with us well above and beyond anything I would've expected given our ridiculous travel schedule!
Why it gets 5 stars from me:
1. Anna & Sebastian (caretaker)'s amazing hospitality and responsiveness were tremendous.
2. LOCATION. It's on the beach in a quiet part of town. It's pretty rare to see anyone else on the beach, so it's nearly private. Then, there's Shipwreck around the corner, which has pretty fantastic fresh food - and you can get there by walking on the beach.
3. We thought about recording the sounds around us and selling them - it's that wonderful. From the coquis to the rolling, crashing waves, it was gorgeous.
A few minor concerns:
1. I wish there were a/c in the living room. It got so hot that we wanted to keep the doors open (front and back) for crosswinds, but when we did, we introduced so many bugs, birds (yes! they came inside!) lizards and other animals into the property that it became a nuisance, which meant that we had to keep the doors closed. We were reluctant to do this because we then had to open the bedroom doors to let in the a/c we would've rather not run, which allowed more bugs into our bedrooms, etc. Little gnats lived in one of our bathrooms' sink drains, and that was pretty irritating. (But not too irritating to cause a real problem for our vacation. It just turns out that the house is in a remote setting on the beach, and that's what you deal with in such a place. We lived!)
2. One of the bedrooms has a mattress that really needs replacing; it has a deep depression in the middle, as if it's been folded in half too many times.
3. The fitted sheets aren't quite deep enough for the beds, which meant that we had to constantly struggle to keep the sheets in place while sleeping.
4. The photographs here show a set of glass french doors in the living room, but the owners have had to replace them with solid doors, which is too bad because it obstructs the gorgeous view of the outside.
5. One of the LR ceiling fans was broken, and even though a floor fan was provided, it didn't make up for the loss of circulation.
Helpful votes: 2/3
Did you find this review helpful?