Introducing a timeless masterpiece of organic architecture: A custom contemporary home completed in 1991, created by Frank Lloyd Wrights protege, Daniel Lieberman.
This ingenious masterpiece, elevated high in the San Francisco Bay/Berkeley Hills on a fabulous 1.4 acre site, hidden in an oasis of green including terraced gardens, with its harmonious blend of natural materials, skyscraping ceilings and alpine walls of glass astound from every angle. Revealing the most sought after views of the San Francisco Bay and Golden Gate Bridge, it seamlessly incorporates and wraps around a turn-of-the-century, carmel style cottage combining Green architecture with modern technology .
I've stayed at Panoramic Sky many times and have always enjoyed myself. The home is so unique that I discover a new architectual design element upon each visit. The location is very quiet, yet close to downtown Berkeley.
I also enjoy taking hikes along the many trails near the compound. One of my favorite times to hike is in the early morning when the fog is still covering the city so I can watch it roll out. Simply amazing!
Some of the long-time, world-class establishments of the Gourmet Ghetto include:
Chez Panisse - Named Best Restaurant in United States by Gourmet Magazine 2002
- Peet's Coffee - The very first Peet's in the world!
- Cheese Board Collective/Pizza - Whatever cheese you want, they have it. Great pizza too!
- French Hotel Cafe - A hip gathering place for coffee and pastries.
- Epicurious Gardens with many more gourmet food stores and restaurants around a beautiful garden setting (kirala, lushgelato, picosotaqueria, kitchenonfire, fareastfinearts, alegio, sooptogo, imperialtea, mintleaf berkeley)
- Gregoire's - french gourmet take out for lunch and dinner - the best!
- North Berkeley Wine ? Fixture of the Gourmet Ghetto with the best of wines
- Virginia Bakery - Old-Fashioned Bakery of 50 years! They sell cookies by the pound!
- Chester's Bay view Cafe - Have waffles for breakfast, pasta for lunch and
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$2,500|
Visa & Mastercard Accepted
Refundable Security Deposit
call for Special Event pricing
Travelers are required to pay 50% at time of booking, remaining balance due 30-45 days before arriving.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website: