Good House for Large Groups
Submitted: March 13, 2013
Stayed: March 2013
Just spent a weekend up here during the 2013 ski season and wanted to share some feedback with the owners and potential renters. Overall our group had a great trip, but there were a few things we wanted to call out to future renters.
- Great location to Pico (less than a mile)
- Property manager lives in the house in the basement and is very hands on! This is great if you are looking for help managing a big group trip (ex. he offered to help our group by making dinner, took out the trash/recycling daily, helped keep the house clean, arranged for free shuttle when we headed to a local bar)
- Good space for a big groups that allowed most couples to have their own room and the place was well maintained. Plenty of bathrooms, bedrooms and parking.
- Little further from Killington than we expected (12 minutes driving to Skyeship and 17 mins to Snowshed)
- Killington shuttle is a $2 bus ride per person, not free as we expected based on the listing (not sure about the Pico shuttle)
- Property manager lives in the house, which we wish we had known when booking because "management company nearby" in the listing does not convey this. The manager is a nice guy, so no offense to him, but we purposely rented a house so our group could have privacy to do what we wanted. Not having a key to the house was a little weird since we had to contact the manager when we wanted to get into the house the whole weekend. Also, it was a little uncomfortable for people who stayed behind when the group was skiing since the property manager would come up and clean and organize our kitchen/food stuff, water plants...Again, helpful if you are looking for this type of support, but we had never encountered this with any past rentals
- Long list of rules, which was a little off putting
Did you find this review helpful?