La Follette House Rental Photos and Description
Lake Front House, 4 Bedrooms, 4 Baths, (Sleeps 13-15)
Hello and welcome to the Escape Klaus. We are the Klaus', and this is our custom lakefront escape. The Escape Klaus was built to provide a “base” with which to build up lasting family memories. We plan to leave the house in our family for future generations. We hope you find an “atypical” rental that feels more like your own home. We would love for you to come back over the years and share our house right on the lake - in the woods - in the mountains - a perfect way to disconnect from the world and re-connect with your family and friends.
What is Unique about the Escape Klaus?
• Location, Location, Location! Powder Mill is a quiet cove just north of Springs Dock
• Close to town yet just north of the busy action on the water. Best of both!
• Only 10 Minutes to Springs Dock by boat or car
• Custom Design – 18 ft 'wall of windows' faces east to catch 24/7 lake views!
• Year round water lets you enjoy your beautiful private 2 slip covered dock.
• SMOOTH Concrete Path all the way to the lake - only a few steps down to the dock
• East exposure means sun drenched mornings, moon lit nights, and smooth protected water!
• Our house is located in a deep water cove – like living on a dead end road -low boat traffic!
• Huge 2 Story Trex Deck/Railings lets you enjoy a splinter free vacation
• 2-Slip Covered Dock means no more running down to cover your boats if it rains!
• Smooth Water + Low Boat Traffic are perfect for …
- Sun Bathing on the Dock – dock is quiet and relaxing.
- Floating in the lake (you too can be a human buoy wearing your life jacket like a diaper!).
- Teaching little ones to enjoy water sports – less waves/ boat traffic to cause anxiety.
- Ski out of the cove – no wasted time/gas boating 5 miles away!
- Great Fishing – Powder Mill Hollow is well known among the locals.
• Upper/Lower Great Rooms open directly to the screened porches w/large glass doors - go ahead and open up the house to lake breezes!
• Upper Great Room has a huge vaulted ceiling w/ a unique European 'kiva' Fireplace
• Lower Level TV Room has a 106' HDTV(That's 4x8ft big!) - Awesome for games and movies!
• Lower Level Great Room has a Kitchenette w/wet bar, m/wave, fridge, ice maker, and Combo Game Table(pool/ping-pong/air hockey)
• 'Identical' Upper/Lower Master Bedrooms directly access the Upper/Lower Screened porches
• Bedroom #3(Queen) has a door directly into upper master bedroom – perfect for small children.
• Lower Bedroom #4(Queen + Full Bunk + Twin) sleeps up to 7 – perfect for all the kids.
• Every Room has its own private attached full bath
• Outside shower to rinse off before coming inside + inside “wet room” to let stuff dry out.
• Unique Cork Flooring upstairs and stained concrete downstairs
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- wheelchair accessible
- pets not allowed
- children welcome
- non smoking only
About Pam and Ted Klaus
Hello - here are all the Klaus' in one photo a rare find!- Pam and Ted( 29),Erik(18),Sara Jane(15), and Emma Jo(11). Pam does all the real work & Ted is a product development engineer for Honda. 'BK'(before kids), we lived and worked for 2 years in Japan, prior to settling down in Marysville, Ohio.
Pam and Ted Klaus purchased this house in 2008
Why Pam and Ted Klaus chose La Follette
We fell in love with Norris Lake after our first visit in 2006. We love the simple beauty of the area, the stillness of 'our' little cove - Powder Mill, and the never ending possibilities that Norris Lake offers to us and to our family. Already we have re-connected with life as a result of building this home away from home! We invite you to build some memories at the Escape Klaus!
We built this house from scratch. Ted did all the legwork - with a wonderful custom plan courtesy of Richard Hlava (Ted's cousin) and the help of a local draftsman, we literally designed this house for us and our guests! From January of 2007 to March of 2009 we bought the land, planned the house, found our builder - Danny Russell, and completed all the details that go into a custom home - we hope you enjoy our house that can only hope to rival the natural beauty of the setting. We choose to build in powder mill based on the location on the lake. Our location is just off the main lake channel on a sheltered East-West Cove. The water in this cove is always smooth. Since the cove dead ends - you do not get all the boat traffic and waves - you can really relax down on the dock. Since the house faces east - even though we are nestled in the woods - you awake to glorious bright sunrises flooding the house with natural light. Powder Mill Cove is home to one of the oldest settlements on the Lake - Chapman Village. We think those early folks picked the perfect spot!!
What makes this house unique
True relaxation..letting go..re-connecting with family and friends....hearing the kids laugh and giggle..catching up on a great book ...boating...fishing....exploring all the local marinas - each one with a different feel. Meeting folks from all over that stay at or live on Norris.
Close by you can enjoy Cumberland Gap National Park, Cumberland Falls, Knoxville, and the Smokies. All of this is best enjoyed by 2 or more families - what a way to enjoy life!