This quintessential Colorado mountain house getaway is secluded, yet near lots of attractions. Just what you've been looking for and VERY reasonably priced, our home is located just 1 3/4 hours from Denver or Colorado Springs. Hike, bike, fish, or sight see, and return to your cozy mountain cabin with all the comforts of home. Enjoy unprecedented peace, quiet and 180 degree views of the snow-capped Rockies, meadows, trees and rock outcroppings from the 20 foot wall of windows or loft. Look for antelope, deer, elk, golden eagles, owl and bear from the wrap around 500 square foot deck.
The home sits on two heavily wooded acres, has a floor-to-ceiling stone fireplace and Aspen tongue and groove ceilings. Two bedrooms offer queen beds with a full size sleeper sofa in the loft. Stay connected with wireless satellite Internet, play games from the game chest, or enjoy movies on the DVD Player/36' TV. Chef's kitchen is fully equipped for cooking or baking, and there is a gas BBQ on the deck for evening cookouts. Leave refreshed, relaxed and recharged!
Come relax, recharge, and enjoy nature and the outdoors. Enjoy a multitude of attractions in the area, with just a short ride home to the peace and quiet of your exclusive and private mountain retreat. Minutes away you can hike or mountain bike the Pike National Forest at Kenosha Pass, go trekking through the Lost Park Wilderness Area or along the Colorado Trail nearby, go 4-wheeling over Mosquito Pass (the old Stagecoach route to Leadville), Georgia Pass or Boreas Pass (the old railroad route to Breckenridge), or enjoy horseback riding.
In winter, you can cross Hoosier Pass and ski at Breckenridge or Keystone, or stay on 285 and ski at the moderately priced, less used Monarch ski resort on Monarch Pass. Lots of great winter activities in Breckenridge too including an ice skating rink and hot chocolate sleigh rides in Frisco. They also have two Nordic lodges in Breckenridge and Frisco where you can cross country ski on groomed trails. Alternatively, just rent the skis in Fairplay and do it outside your door from the cabin!
Nearby Sites and Attractions: * Fishing … 5 area lakes and public river a short drive away:
* Como Historic Railroad District … 10 min. NW
* Fairplay/Southpark … Historic Mining Town - 20 min. NW
* Breckenridge ... SKI, snowboard, fish, ride - 50 min. NW
* Keystone … SKI, snowboard, mountain bike – 1 hour NW
* Georgetown ... restored Victorian village/railroad - 50 min. NE
* Cripple Creek ... gold mining, gambling - 1 hour SE
* Buena Vista ... fishing, raft the Arkansas River - 50 min. SW
* Salida ... fishing, hiking, Jeep 4WD, rafting - 1 1/4 hour SW
* Canon City ... home of the ROYAL GORGE - 1 3/4 hours S
* Manitou Springs ... Cave of the Winds, Pikes Peak - 1 hour SE
* Colorado Springs ... Garden of the Gods, Will Rogers Shrine of the Sun, Pikes Peak, USAF Academy - 1 1/2 hours SE
* Denver ... shopping, theaters, sports, amusements parks -1 1/2 hours NE
* DEN (DIA) Airport– 2 hours E
* COS Airport – 2 ¼ hours SE
Other services: We strive to make your stay a pleasant and memorable one. If you have special needs or requests, please let us know so that we may try to accommodate them. We want you to feel at home and enjoy your stay.
We can help you to arrange your air transportation to Colorado or your rental car needs once you are here. With over 25 years of combined service in the travel and transportation industry, we know what people look for in a vacation -Service, Convenience, and Value. We offer all three! Try us out and see what we mean......