Colosseum area Apartment Rental Photos and Description
Apartment, 4 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, (Sleeps 6-8)
Domus Colosseo is a big and luxury penthouse (130 m2 plus 130 m2 of terraces) arranged on three floors with a breathtaking 360° view over ancient Rome. It is ideal for families and large groups looking for a very central apartment.
At only two-minutes walk from the Coliseum and the Imperial Forums, it is perfect for visiting ancient Rome while comfortably settled in a newly renovated apartment equipped with full comforts (Jacuzzi hot tub, Internet wi-fi, air conditioning, satellite Sky TV, washing machine, dishwasher, coffee machine, microwave, elevator, iron, city guides etc.).
---360° view over Rome---
Enjoy a breathtaking view all over the centre of Rome from its roof garden, terraces and windows: stunning views are the main trait of this penthouse and they are so spectacular, particularly on the 8th floor roof garden, that in May 2008 they were filmed by National Geographic for a programme about Rome.
IMPORTANT: at the moment a portion of the view in front of the apartment is disturbed by works in progress (e.g. cranes) for the construction of the Line-C subway, that can also produce noise during working hours.
---Ideal for a large group or a family---
The apartment is ideal for a large group or a family, as the space of the entire property (260 m2) allows full ease of living for 8 people (6 adults plus 2 children). There are 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1 roof garden and 2 terraces , 1 outdoor shower, 1 living room, 1 dining room and 1 kitchen.
The apartment is located on the 6th, 7th and 8th floors of an eight-floor building, and includes an elevator. Situated in the Celio district of Rome (one of the famous Seven Hills), the area is full of green spaces; however, it also offers lively restaurants, pubs, and supermarkets. The building is encircled by three public parks.
---How to reach the apartment---
Located in the heart of ancient Rome, the apartment is perfect for those who want to walk in the centre or reach any other destination by public transports. The access is extremely easy both via public transportation and private car.
• Fly to Rome: convenient though luxurious airport transfers both from Ciampino and Fiumicino are available. It is more comfortable (the driver finds you, he knows where you have to go and you do not have to queue in order to find a taxi) and sometimes even cheaper than taxis.
• Drive to Rome: a large paying garage is only 50 meters away.
• Come to Rome by Train: Termini (central railway station) is just two subway stops away.
• Underground stops (“Colosseo” line B and “Vittorio Emanuele” line A) and bus stops are only 2-10 minutes walk.
--- Arrival and departure---
Arrival is generally since 3 pm and departure within 10 am. Early departures (before 8 am) can be accepted only if agreed in advance.
- children welcome
- pets not allowed
About The Owner
We are a family of four people, my husband and I, and our two daughters (26, 30 years old). Born in Rome, we have always lived in this beautiful city. Although we are true Romans, we love to travel and meet people of different nationalities. And this rental job provides us with the fantastic opportunity of working together as a family and meeting foreigners who want to discover Rome.
The Owner purchased this apartment in 1952
Why The Owner chose Colosseum area
We have been living in this district for 30 years and we love it! It's one of the 7 historical hills of Rome, just by the Colosseum and we love to introduce our guests to this ancient jewels we love so much.
What makes this apartment unique
- living in the historical centre of Rome and having the most important tourist attractions at 2 minutes walk
- enjoying stunning views everywhere in the penthouse and a unique 360° view on ancient Rome from the 8th floor Roof Garden, the highest private point of Celio district
- waking up in the 6th floor big double bedroom or in the 7th floor bedroom and seeing the Coliseum from the window
- having a shower oudoor (in the 7th floor outdoor shower) while overlooking the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore and then lying in the sun on the sunbeds in the 8th floor Roof Garden
- eating together in the big dining room or in the 6th floor terrace, which is a wonderful dining room in the open air overlooking the sunset, also for celebrating anniversaries (restaurants with terrace in Rome are very expensive: from € 80/140 for each person)
- bringing your kids to play in Villa Celimontana
- watching the sunset from one of the terraces, while drinking a Prosecco wine bought in the supermarket near the apartment (only 20 meters far away!)
Guestbook comments from the owner
All of my family loved the apartment. It was clean and all amenities were sufficient. The location was perfect, we couldn't have asked for anything more. The advertisement for the property reflected the apartment and we all said we would definitely come again probably in the spring to make the most of the terrace views. We very much enjoyed our stay. Thank you for renting us this wonderful apartment.