Beautiful lake front log ranch on Lake George. Bring along your golf clubs to practice your putting skills on the property.
Enjoy the wide open well manicure land. It goes all the way down to the water. There is a 67 feet dock for your boat, kayaks, canoe, fire pits, hammocks and bicycles for your enjoyment. Enjoy the privacy of this home without having your neighbors close by. AC was added to the entire home for your enjoyment. Fishing from your own dock. Enjoy the panorama view of Mt Defiance in front of your home. you can also hike to the top and witness one of the most spectacular view of Vermont and Lake Champlain.
Snowshoeing in pine forest, Cross Country Skiing at Roger's Rock State Park, Downhill Skiing at nearby Gore, Whiteface and Killington, Hiking and Mountain Biking on the numerous Eastern Adirondack trails, Ice Skating on the lake or at the Community Center, Boating paradise, explore this lovely 32 mile lake with its many islands and beautiful shoreline. Swimming from the dock 6 feet deep at the end of dock into crystal clear waters. Boat rental across the lake at the Snug Harbor Marina. Biking around the village of Ticonderoga or Hauge, Snug Harbor Marina across the lake for boat rentals, Golfing and tennis at the historic Ticonderoga Country Club: attractions: Fort Ticonderoga, Fort Mt. Hope, Penfield Heritage Museum and Lake Placid -home of 1980 winter Olympics.
We rented this home for a girls only weekend and had a wonderful time. We will do it again, this time with the guys.
10 Things not in the write up.
1. No bugs! My family was really concerned that the combination of mountain + lake = bugs. From a 1 -10. They were a 2 at best.
2. Amenities. House had all new appliances: stove, refrigerator, dish washer. The cabinets were well stocked with good cooking utensils. Made preparing meals enjoyable.
3. Furnishings. Very well maintained and kept residence. Felt like a guest in the owner’s home. The bedrooms, bed spreads, and décor make for a very comfortable and relaxing stay. Layout is open so it feels spacious.
4. Very Good Entertainment system. Stayed there during the Olympics. Nice size flat screen TV with Bose sound system + good Wi-Fi connectivity.
5. Neighbors! Or lack of them on 3 sides. Behind it is a large open field, to the right (when facing the lake) is a farm. To the front is the lake, on the left is the owner’s other rental house.
6. Golf. Take advantage of the discounted evening rates at the nearby country club on 9N. Reasonable food and drinks at the 19th hole. Great Ice cream up the road as well!
7. Lake access. The lake is directly in front of the house across a large front yard. May be a good football field away. The access area appears to be a shared area (only 1 other neighbor was using it while we were there)
8. Canoe & kayaks. A bit old and well used. But price (free) is right. The beauty of the area is best from the lake! Early morning row, then coming back to have coffee on the Adirondack chairs on the front porch of the house overlooking the lake and mountains… absolutely priceless. Needless to say, the night time sky is remarkable.
9. Ticonderoga, NY. This is not a prosperous tourist destination. The local merchants appreciate your business and are very welcoming. There’s a local pride that makes you feel good about supporting.
10. Vacation where you come home feeling rejuvenated with wonderful memories.
We fell in love with this home. It served our family needs very well. Everything was up to date. The managers/owners paid attention to the little details like, monogram towels, and nice utensils. My boys loved the fishing. While the lake was still cold, kayaking was a pleasure.
We rented this home in 2013 and was pleasantly surprise at the size of the home. It was very clean and has everything mentioned. While it was hot like the previous renter mention, my wife opened the windows and turn the on the fans. The children enjoyed the fishing off the dock and had a blast playing football. We plan on visiting this home again.
I wasn't going to write this review until I saw Adam B.'s review and the owner's response. We stayed in the chalet from 7/12/13 to 7/19/13. Admittedly this was a hot week. When we arrived, we found a single 5000 btu air conditioner in the upstairs bedroom. There are no other air conditioners. The house was so hot that the refrigerator could not keep ice cream. There are no thermometers in the house. I wonder why. The rule here is: "BYO air conditioners". The garage is locked. The covered parking has a picnic table, grill and bicycles under it. Yes, we could have moved them. The closets are locked. I believe there is a bit of misrepresentation here. I contacted VRBO (Home Away) and they choose to do nothing. The sad thing is that the house has so much potential. It could be wonderful if some changes were made.
Caveat emptor (Let the buyer beware). Does anyone know the Latin for: Let the renter beware?
We rented both houses at this property, the Ranch and the Chalet...staying with two other families on the property.
The pluses: Stargazing was spectacular, the light from the houses is a little irritating but the super clear skies allow for viewing shooting stars and Satellites! The fire pits are fun for winding down and sharing stories and maybe a beer or glass of wine. We brought bocci, canjam, ladder golf and had a blast. We took a day trip to Middlebury VT - fabulous....
The negatives: - not much to do in the area other than Canoe, Kayak and boat - other than our day trip. CAUTION: We brought our 24 foot Crownline and damaged the skeg transiting the bottleneck into the properties dock, even staying in the channel. Raise your motor more than half coming in! The owners do not supply propane for the grills which are barely usable. Be prepared to make a drive to fill them up. The gas lines at the Ranch were melted and unusable. Thank goodness we had the Chalet to cook at. The last thing that wasn't clear until we were actually there is that this is not on the water - it's across the street. Quite a walk if you are bringing stuff to the dock or sit by the water. We all agree we'd probably stay closer to mid lake or the south end if we did it again.
Stayed there last spring/summer for memorial day weekend with few friends. Had an amazing weekend and the owners are realy nice people had an oppertunity to meet them in person. Defenity will try to go back soon miss that place. Very nice n clean place as well. U wont be disapointed.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
3 to 4 nights minimum stay for last 3 weeks left .
8/1 to 8/8:
8/15 to 8/22
8/22 to 8/29
Labor Day weekend
Week runs from Friday to Friday during peak season.
Weekends and Holidays rates are a bit higher than weekdays. Call for more information 646453441 or email @firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Learn more about this vacation rental at the manager's website: