Perfect house for a fabulous family vacation!
Submitted: July 21, 2012
Stayed: June 2012
I cannot say enough good things about our recent stay (June 2012) at this lovely and incredibly spacious home. The property description and photos on VRBO are not hyperbole. The house is every bit that fabulous and more. Here are just some of the things my family loved about this home:
(1) The location. The location is ideal - we were so close to town and the pools, but we also had a boardwalk right out the front door that took us directly to the beach.
(2) The size and layout. This large home, with separate carriage house, has an ideal layout for multiple families. The home can easily accommodate four families, there are nooks and crannies galore for the kids to have quiet time, and all of the bedrooms are generously sized.
(3) The amenities. The lovely owner thought of everything - including ample linens, a fully equipped kitchen, two laundry rooms, an ice maker, a wine refrigerator, games for the kids, pool toys for the pool, and toiletries in the baths.
(4) The furnishings. All of the furnishings are tasteful and the beds are incredibly comfortable.
(5) The price. The weekly rate for this home is very competitive and much less than one would expect for a house of this caliber.
(6) The heated pool . You wouldn't think you would need a heated pool at the end of June in Florida, but it sure does make swimming much more enjoyable. Ordinarily, our kids love to go to the community pools, but they much preferred the heated pool at the Great Escape. We logged many hours in the beautifully landscaped pool and it was very nice having a place for the older children to play while the little ones napped. While some other homes have heated pools, they usually charge an extra fee to turn on the heater. This pool is heated with no additional charge.
(7) The owner . The owner was an absolute delight to work with and was incredibly responsive and professional.
In summary, this was our fifth visit to Rosemary Beach and the Great Escape was by far the best house we have rented (even though it was not the most expensive). We will definitely be back!
Tourists without a Car,
Families with Teenagers,
Families with Young Children,
Helpful votes: 1/1
Did you find this review helpful?