CASA SARTEANO in Tuscany... 'Your Tuscany Home-away-from-Home.'
Sarteano is a jewel in a region rich with history, culture, and unparalleled natural beauty. It’s a small town vibrant and charming with a friendly spirit that welcomes all of it’s guests as one of its own.
'Casa Sarteano' is your home away from home. Overlooking the Orcia Valley in southern Tuscany, recently made a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Sarteano is strategically positioned, and all the world renowned treasures that have made Tuscany famous and a MECCA for travellers, are a short, scenic and unforgettable drive away.
Indulge yourself in discovering Tuscany while comforting yourself that at the end of the day, your home away from home is not so far away and you have a pied-de-terre in 'Casa Sarteano'.
• Casa Sarteano is situated in the center of the very historical and strategically located town of Sarteano
• A few steps from the town’s main square and theatre
• The home is located on the 3rd floor (top floor) of one of the town’s most important historical buildings.
• This building, named Palazzo Gabrielli, was built in the 11th century but was restored in the 15th century depicting the architectural influences of the renaissance period. Palazzo Gabrielli is officially designated as one of the historical landmarks of Sarteano and of the region of Siena.
• Palazzo Gabrielli’s designation as a monumental landmark is the result of its long history of nobility ownership and its architectural significance to the region.
• The entire 'palazzo' has been beautifully and professionally restored according to historical preservation laws set out by the Italian Ministry of Art and Culture in order to preserve its historic characteristics. It is also the home of the town’s Museum, which is located throughout the main floor.
• The spacious third floor apartment has also been professionally restored and tastefully decorated to the traditional standards of the same historical preservation laws.
• Seven large windows surround the apartment overlooking the historical town on one side and overlooking the beautiful Tuscany countryside on the other.
• The home also features its own private balcony that overlooks a neighboring courtyard below and the Tuscan countryside in the distance.
•••• The Home:
o 100sqm. (1000 square feet)
o 2 bedrooms
o 1 bathroom
o Dining room
o Living room
o Private Veranda with a view
o Wood burning fire place
o Rustic wooden beam ceilings
o Ceramic floors
•••• Within The Historic Town Of Sarteano:
o The castle Castiglioncello del Trinoro
o The ex-convent of Santa Chiara
o Antique shops
o Patio restaurants and bars
•••• Close To Home And Around The Town:
o Supreme quality swimming pools with lounging furniture, tennis courts and picnic areas open to the public – 10 min walk.
o Large grocery store – 5 min walk
o Local town winery – 5 min walk
o Large variety of local shops, bars, and restaurants – 5 min walk
o Indoor shopping mall – 7 min drive
o On/off ramp of main Italian autostrada #A1 – 7 min. drive
o Chiusi Train station – 10 min drive
o 5 main roads that lead out of Sarteano to explore other regions of Tuscany
•••• Historic Towns And Centers Surrounding The Home In Sarteano For Day Trips:
o The Abby of Spineto - 10 min drive or marvelous 1/2 hour walk
o Montalcino (world famous for its Brunello Wine and world class vineyards) - 45 min drive
o Cetona (one of the most beautiful medieval boroughs in the world) - 5 min drive
o Montepulciano (a Renaissance gem, known for its Nobile Wine and wineries) – 15 min drive
o S. Casciano Dei Bagni (known for its natural thermal spring baths) – 20 min drive
o Chiusi (known for its history and architecture – 10 min drive
o Chianciano Terme (known for its spas, therapeutic waters and thermal springs) – 10 min drive
o Pienza (harmoniously perfect for its history, architecture and world famous pechorino cheese) – 30 min drive
o Bagno Vignono (Roman baths and thermal springs) – 30 min drive
o Siena (home to the ancient, spectacular and thrilling PALIO di SIENA) – 60 min drive
o Mount Amiata (spectacular look out, hiking, mountain roads, skiing in winter)
o Florence (capital city of Tuscany) – 80 min drive
o Pisa (historic monuments) – 90 min drive
o Rome – 90 min drive
o The beach (Beautiful Tuscan Tirrenean coast on the sea) – 90 min drive