Beyoglu Apartment Rental Photos and Description
Apartment for max 6 persons, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2.5 Baths, terrace
If you are planning holiday around Europe, please note I have also some apartments in PARIS and ROME.
All my apartment are located in central and safe area.
This Deluxe Penthouse apartment (155 sq m / 1655 sq ft) with a large terrace is located at the beginning of Turnacibasi Sokak (a quiet street just off Istiklal, the main shopping street), behind Galatasaray Licesi, in the lively and varied Beyoglu district, with its many restaurants and vibrant night-life.
The area is central and safe.
Occupying two floors (4th and 5th) at the top of the building, with a private elevator/lift, the apartment, which has been fully renovated by an architect in the spring of 2008, is very comfortable and elegantly decorated: parquet floor, high-quality furniture and equipment, designer accessories, etc. ( see the articles published in « Home Art » and other architectural and design magazines ).
Its large terrace offers a superb panoramic view of the Bosphorus and the Golden Horn, Haghia Sophia, the Blue Mosque, Galata Tower and Topkapi Palace, among other famous sites.
***** The top floor, which can be reached directly by the elevator/lift, is entirely designed as a very large and bright open space with high ceilings at 4.5 meters, chandeliers, a handsome exposed brick wall along one side, and an elegant palette of greys highlighted by glass and steel (see photos).
* a dining area with tables for 8 persons, giving onto a winter garden / solarium
* a top-of-the-range , fully equipped steel-plated open kitchen with a 3.5 meters worktop.
* a living area with a desk and two «L» shaped sofas ( each sofa is a convertible sofa bed that can be used as double-bed when open, single bed when closed).
* a 15 sq m / 160 sq ft terrace, with its plants, table and chairs. This terrace, with its magnificient view, is a perfect setting for a dinner in the open, or simply a rest with drinks after a day of sightseeing. An antique marble hamam hand-basin adds its touch to the atmosphere.
This floor is also equipped with its own toilet.
***** The lower floor has 2 large bedrooms on either side of a spacious entrance hall , each one with an en suite bathroom (walk in « rain-shower », hand-basin and bidet from Ross Lovegrove’s « Istanbul Collection » by Vitra, wc).
* the Master bedroom, with a King size bed (180 x 200 cm) and desk, gives onto a balcony
with a panoramic view of the Bosphorus and the Golden Horn.
* the second bedroom, which can also be used as a study ( library and desk), has 2 single beds (90 x 200 cm) that can be joined to form a King size double-bed (180 x 200 cm), the two mattresses fitting snugly together, with no gap. (It would be appreciated if, at the time of booking, it could be specified whether these beds should be kept as two single beds or locked together as a double-bed.)
DSL Internet access (broadband and wireless), air conditioning, central heating, satellite TV with large LCD screen and American – European channels , HiFi/CD player, DVD Player washing machine and dryer, dishwasher, iron and ironing-board, hairdryer, microwave, Italian coffee maker, cooking utensils, quality house linen and dishes.
Nearby: many restaurants, internet cafes, antique dealers and food shops (a supermarket 50 metres from apartment ), the picturesque open air Pera Market where they sell fish, vegetables and caviar. Turnacibasy sokak itself belongs to the Cukurcuma neighbourhood, famous for its antique shops .
You will also find a historic Turkish Bath just yards from the front door.
Distances and transport
The apartment is perfectly located to discover both the ancient and modern Istanbul.
It is only a few minutes’ walking distance from such important tourist sites and venues as the Galata Tower, the the Istanbul Modern Art Museum and Taksim Square. It is also within easy reach of Aya Sofya, the Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace and the Grand Bazaar.
* Metro station ( couple of minute walk ) : « Taksim » and ' Tunel'.
* Tram stop ( within a stone's throw of the apartment): the very picturesque tram that goes all the way up the Istiklal from Tunel to Taksim Square and viceversa .
to Tunel and Takism
* Bus stop ( several lines) is located less than 1 minute from the apartment.
* Tramway to Sultanhamet : down the hill ( 5-10 minute walk) you will find a stop for the very efficient, air conditioned tramway which provides fast and frequent service across the Golden Horn via Galata Bridge to Sultanhamet and to the port, where ferries can be taken to cross and go down the Bosphorus. To come back up the hill there is first the « Tunel » funicular railway from Galata Bridge, then from the « Tunel » stop a small , very picturesque tram that goes all the way up the Istiklal to Taksim Square.
* taxi and garage parking: you will find a taxi rank in front of Galatasaray Licesy 150 metres from the apartment ( although taxis can be stopped anywhere) and garage parking facilities within 20 metres.
** Delivery of keys:
Upon your arrival, my local representative ( English speaking ) will meet you at the apartment.
** Transfer by car from Ataturk airport:
On request, I can arrange for a pick up service (car with driver) at extra cost. Just notify me when your reserve the apartment.
- pets not allowed
I have also apartments in Paris and Rome!
Enzo purchased this apartment in 2008
Why Enzo chose Beyoglu
Simply the perfect location to enjoy Istanbul!
What makes this apartment unique
Deluxe accomodation and unforgettable panoramic view of Old City and Bosphorus.