Windy Hill Condo Rental Photos and Description
Condo, 4 Bedrooms, 4 Baths, (Sleeps 10)
Top Ten List - Yacht Club at Barefoot Landing
David Letterman made the phrase famous, and most people associate it with comedy. However, let me suggest a different perspective. It is serious business when you and your family choose a vacation destination. There will be plenty of time for fun and laughter when you arrive, but right now you want to make a good decision that will meet your needs. Instead of trying to ‘sell’ you on our rental, we will simply be delighted if we meet your needs and expectations. Let’s then move forward to having you as one of our guests. Here is OUR Top Ten List:
10. RATES- We are all very much aware of the financially challenging times in which we live. I use to think that no matter how bad times got people will still take their vacation. That is just not true this time around. Inquiries are way down. The only thing I know to do is to make sure I have the lowest rental rates. I have checked and rechecked my competition to make sure I have the lowest price. Now I need your help. It will not do any good to say ‘my budget is such and such, will you give me a 10 per cent discount or $100 off’. If you want a lower price, you must do your homework. Email me the lower price you find and the web link. I need to make sure we are comparing apples to apples. Expect to be rewarded for your efforts with a lower rate than the one you found.
9. PICTURES- Our website has the maximum allow by VRBO. Whomever coined the phrase ‘a picture is worth a thousand words’ was a wise person. Even more important is the video. It helps to tie in all the still pictures.
8. FURNISHINGS- My wife and I live in Davidson, N.C., outside of Charlotte. Our home is beautifully decorated and our guests always love to look around. You can tell from their faces that they are somewhat in awe (my wife cooks too!) We both know the value of quality furnishings. We were speechless when we first walked into this villa. How could an owner rent out such a tastefully decorated home? It would be like renting out the Biltmore Estate.
7. GOLF- (Skip to # 6 if this is not on your radar) My office wall has two certificates prominently displayed for TWO holes-in-one! My words are not those of a novice: directly behind this villa are FOUR of the finest golf courses in this area of South Carolina. Each course was designed by the best names in the business: Pete Dye, Greg Norman, Davis Love III, and Tom Fazio. Should this not be enough to get your heart racing, consider that there are more then 100 golf courses less than an hour away.
6. YACHTS- Those of you who are blessed enough to be pulling up to our villa in a yacht, there is nothing to say here that you do not already know. How wonderful is it to be sitting on ‘your’ balcony looking down on your boat.
5. LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION- You have heard the phrase from every Realtor you know - enough said. You are located one half mile to the beach, on the Inland Waterway, next to SC’s largest swimming pool, steps from Barefoot Landing’s Shopping/Eating/Entertainment Complex, and have four golf courses you can walk to out your back door. If you know of a better location than this, please let me know-I’m selling what I have and moving there.
4. HOUSEKEEPING- We have the absolute best housekeeper there is! No one wants to begin their vacation by walking into a dirty place. You will be given the cell phone number of our housekeeper. If you open the door and find the appearance and cleanliness not up to your high standards, please call him, and he will be there asap to make you happy.
3. LOCKS- Strange thing to put on this list, isn’t it? The locks on this villa are Schlage, the best available. This model in particular is very high tech. The combination numbers will be easy for you to remember, because they are the last four digits of your home phone number.
2. COMMENTS- No owner of a villa in this location could resist embellishing the description of their property. Let me assure you that if there was a club for us, my fellow owners would elect me President. The best source of an honest evaluation of a rental property is from the guests that have stayed there. After reading this, please scroll down and read the comments of past guests before you do anything else.
1. MISCELLANEOUS-HIGH SPEED WIRELESS INTERNET- My first priority is to make sure we meet your needs. To that end I have additional information to email you plus I look forward to answering your particlar questions. I encourage you to scroll down to the two other links that VRBO allows to put on the site. You may find some good information there. Fill in the adjacent form to get in touch with me or call if you wish. Please make sure you check our calendar on this web site and rates before getting in touch. The calendar is up to date. Our rates are not subjected to rise. VERY IMPORTANT! CLICK ON VIDEO LINK ABOVE FIRST PICTURE UPPER LEFT OF FIRST WEB PAGE. THIS HELPS TO TIE IN ALL SIXTEEN STILL PHOTOS.
HIGHLIGHTS IN REVIEW: 1)If you are requesting a lower price than our posted rate, then we need the web link to the lower priced one you are considering. 2)Check calendar for availability before submitting an inquiry. 3)Review the 16 pictures and video. 4)Read comments by past guests. 5)Thank you so much for considering our place.
I usually respond to an inquiry within 24 hours of receipt. If you haven't heard from me within that frame period, check the calendar for availability. I usually don't respond if we don't have availability. Next try your spam. Sometimes I get caught there. Last but not least call me at 704-896-1995 (Peter)
ONCE YOU SUBMIT AN INQUIRY, YOUR FIRST COMMUNICATION WILL COME FROM VRBO/HOMEAWAY. VERY IMPORTANT TO READ IT CAREFULLY ESPECIALLY IN REGARD TO SECURITY.
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair accessible
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
- non smoking only
About Peter Cole
My name is Peter Cole and I am the owner’s representative. I wear many hats: an oceanfront, resort, rental condo owner; property manager; rental agent; dog tender (That is Woody in the picture. Spends most of his day in the chair across from my desk watching me work.) and favorite; loving husband. As a Medicare card carrying senior, I look back over a full life. My chosen life ‘occupation’ (my Mother could never bring herself to call it a job) was to take teens on cross country camping trips; 3000 teens in all, spanning 33 years. My nephew Doug slipped into my shoes as I slipped into my retirement. My friends and relatives worried about my having too much time on my hands in retirement so they gave me their resort properties to manage. My reputation as a good manager/agent grew. Now 12 properties fill my stable. It was 1967 when I took ownership of my first rental property. In the years since, we have bought and sold 11. I come to you with a lot of experience. I do not take lightly the importance of your vacation. I want to match your needs with the properties I represent. There are 16 pictures, a video and lots of verbiage. I am here to answer all your questions.
Peter Cole purchased this condo in 2005
What makes this condo unique
South Carolina's largest swimming pool at your finger tips. Watch boats go up and down the Intercoastal Waterway from your balcony. Shuttle to the beach (half mile away)
Guestbook comments from the manager
I am Peter Cole, the owner's representative. This Villa has never been previously rented. Our first renter is scheduled for 6/9/07. Owners of rental property and myself included on their web sites can pretty much embelish to their heart's content. I would take what an owner says about his property with a grain of salt. Absolutely that would be true in MY case. Guest comments are far more important. They are NOT trying to get in your pocket book / wallet. You can take what they say to the bank!