Maggie Valley Chalet Rental Photos and Description
Two Bathrooms: Queen Bed/ Connecting Half Bath~*~Plus a Separate Full Bathroom
* 2 Bedroom / *2 Bathrooms ~*~ Maggie Valley Chalet ~*~Wifi*
* Privately owned: We own ONE cabin in Maggie Valley*
Easy Access * No steep hills.* Well maintained, comfortable, great views. The entire drive to the cabin is paved and the parking. Extra parking out front also.
Relaxing and well maintained cabin. *
Kitchen area has a large table for dining as well as a side table that is perfect for your computer. Wifi provided. There is a covered porch off the kitchen making your coming and going comfortable. Plus, watching the sun come up over the mountains is a great way to start you day. We provide coffee, cream and sweeteners because we know a good cup of coffee starts the day off right. The cabinets are stocked with spices and other little things to help make your stay comfortable and convenient. We have two rockers in our kitchen because we know it's nice to have company when you prepare home cooked meals or picnic lunches. It's also a nice place to read and spend quite time if others prefer to watch tv in the den. Our downstairs bedroom has a half bathroom. This is convenient as well as there are times when you just need that extra bathroom. The beds are comfortable, sheets and all linens provided as well as warm blankets and throws.
The upstairs loft has two queen beds and of course a rocker. There are books and toys. Cabin has gas heat and air conditioning. The den has two large recliners, a large couch, cable tv and movies are provided. After a day of activities it's nice to have a movie night. Looking out the front door and windows you see the mountains wake up as the sun rises. The front deck has three large wooden rockers and even has a small rocker. The front deck is a great place to listen to the wind blow through the valley or just enjoy being outside. Out front beneath a large maple we have a picnic table, a double rocker and a large single rocker for our guests to enjoy. We also have a grill for evening Barbecues. There's a light out front under the maple so if you decide to sit out under the stars...you still can have some light if you choose to....of course, the stars are pretty spectacular in the mountains....They seem to be only inches above you head.
We understand people love spending time outside. There are Rockers on the front deck as well as under the large Maple that looks out over the mountains. There is large open area just below the cabin that has large wooden play set with swings and a slide. Kids love to sled the hill by the swings during Winter visits. Sitting out on the deck or under the Maple...you can view the open area, plus you are looking at those gorgeous mountain views...During the Fall the mountain side takes on a kaleidoscope of colors! We're just five minutes from the entrance to the parkway so we are nestled in the midst of beautiful mountains.
Everyone enjoys coffee while watching the mist rise up over those beautiful hills. Often we have chip monks and ground hogs visit as well as on occasions we have seen elk grazing just down the hill as we sat in the rockers out front.
Spring* Summer* Fall* Winter*
~*~ Maggie Valley Chalet ~*~ A great Vacation Destination ~*~
We are located close to skiing, hiking and fishing. We are minutes from the entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway so it's always convenient to take a drive along the Parkway. * Located only minutes from the heart of Maggie *Shopping and dining are only five minutes away.* If you prefer to dine in, our kitchen is well stocked with pots, pans, crock pot and spices. There's lots of seating around a large table as well as a side table for Wifi. Come play in our mountains, you'll never want to leave! One of our favorite sayings: ''As close to heaven as you can get with two feet on the ground.' We love our mountain retreat and feel blessed to be able to share it with others.
~*~ Four Season Of Fun! ~*~ Maggie Valley Chalet ~*~
* WiFi * Internet with cable * Lots of movies provided * Books *
A vacation guide is provided with maps, directions, photos and tidbits about places to visit, restaurants, attractions and activities all within a short distance helps make planning your stay quick and easy. We also provide a large cooler and a picnic basket....All you have to do is fill it with your favorites.
* Only 5 minutes from the Entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway *
* Only 10 minutes from Cataloochee Ski Resort
* Only 5 minutes from the center of Maggie, shopping and dining.
* Only 5 minutes from Ghost Town
* Only 5 minutes from Tony's Tube World.
* Only 8 minutes from Water Rock Knob
* 30 minutes from Cataloochee Valley Elk* Old Logging Community, part of National Parks: Large Elk Herd. View wildlife: wild turkey, deer and occasional bear. Take a beautiful nature drive. Hike, Picnic or fly fish the beautiful streams that run through the valley.
* 5 Minutes from Ghost Town
* 35 Minutes from Biltmore Estates
* 10 minutes from Waynesville, galleries, unique shopping and fine dining.
* 30 minutes from Cherokee: *Outdoor drama: 'Unto These Hills' Harah's * Flyfishing* ( Santa Land- Kids favorite!) * Tubing*
* 30 minutes from Deep Creek: Waterfalls, tubing and Flyfishing
* 40 minutes from Nantahala: Rafting* Hiking*Biking* Flyfishing*
Every morning set out in a different direction and enjoy all the activities that just out the door.. If you prefer you can just settle in and enjoy the comfort of the cabin or sit out on the deck listening to the wind blow through the valley. Evenings are always cool in these hills. There is no place like Maggie! We know you will come to love this cabin as much as we do! *
* No steep hills*Easy Access Paved road & Parking* Wi-Fi* Comfortable* Gas Heat *Air Conditioned*
*Sheep Back Mt. views in front of us* Blue Ridge behind us
There is just something so relaxing about getting away to a Mountain Retreat, waking up in a cabin of your own and exploring the Great Smoky Mountains....
*Expanded Kitchen: Cookware *Coffee* Tea* Spices* Linens provided*
* Downstairs master suite:Queen bed/ connecting half-bath *Also separate Full Bathroom downstairs
* Loft bedroom: 2 Queen beds* DVD player *movies *Large Recliners & Rockers inside
* Glider/rockers/grill outside plus wooden rockers on front deck*
* Comfortable: Gas Heat * Air Conditioned
* Spring: Rides along the Parkway* We're only five minutes from the Entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway so it's always convenient to take a ride. Summer: Rafting*Hiking* Fall Rides: Festivals *Fall color spills out over the hill side, Lots of roadside stands pop up with homemade jelly & jams
Just minutes down the road from the cabin visit the Old Gray Mare Produce stand.......fresh produce, large selection of homemade jelly and jams and the best apple cake you will ever taste!
* Viewing Elk: Historic Cataloochee Valley/ Maggie Valley* shop/dine in nearby Waynesville~OR~Explore Asheville/ Biltmore & neighboring WNC towns*
Winter: Skiing: Cataloochee Ski Resort is only 10 minutes from cabin * or if you prefer to tube: Tony's Tube World is only 5 minutes from the cabin. The cabin has easy access all season...no steep hills to climb.
We know you'll enjoy days just being at the cabin.
It's great spending time in a mountain retreat.
We keep it well maintained and provide comfort and convenience.
From the Cabin: Plan your week. *We provide a Scrapbook in the Chalet as well as maps and books to help you plan your activities.
There are many towns close by to visit including Waynesville and Asheville. The mountains provide many places for outdoor activities: hiking, rafting, fishing, long mountain rides and picnics.
There's sure to be times when it's nice to spend time at the cabin reading and letting life move at a slower pace.
It's a short five minute drive from the cabin to the center of Maggie Valley where you'll find shopping, entertainment and activities.
~*~ Maggie Valley Chalet ~*~ A fun and relaxing vacation destingation!
and those magnificient Blue Ridge Mountains surround you!
*~~~* Plan Your Week * Or Enjoy a few days away. *~~~*
- children welcome
- pets considered
- smoking allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
About Rebecca C Watkins
* We own one cabin in Maggie Valley *
* We love our cabin and we hope that all guests will enjoy their visit. Our Mountain Retreat' has been a place we have treasured over the years....Flyfishing, Hiking, Picnics along the Blue Ridge Parkway.....or just taking long rides along mountain roads with heavenly views....This cabin is a very special place for our family. Our family has many treasured memories of time spent here at the cabin that span generations: * We all agree* After a long day, and we all love the mountains. It is always nice to settle back on the front porch in one of those wooden rockers and just take in the mountain views....either alone with a cup of coffee or with all the kids playing close by....there is no place on earth where I feel closer to heaven than in this cabin in the Mountains of Maggie Valley....nestled in the Great Smoky Mountains...
We hope you feel as much at home here as we do.
All linens provided as well as a well stocked kitchen...we even provide coffee, tea and sugar....We know having a mug of coffee close by, recliners and comfy rockers provide a relaxing start to your day...or if you just spend your day at the cabin...it's always nice to have that little extra comfort.....Maggie Valley Chalet.....
Minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway and Cataloochee Ski Resort.......Maggie Valley Chalet...We think of it as a 'heavenly place.'
Our hope is you will enjoy the cabin as much as we always have! Well maintained and furnished with all the comforts of home. We feel truly blessed to be able to share this place with others. We hope our guests enjoy it as much as we do.
Rebecca C Watkins purchased this chalet in 1970
Why Rebecca C Watkins chose Maggie Valley
Minutes from the heart of Maggie Valley, minutes from the entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway, short drive to many small mountain towns that provide additional vacation attractions while still nestled in the mountains amid beautiful mountain vistas...
Four seasons of fun...Spring brings the hillsides to life with all the flowers and all the young creatures venturing out, Summer is a time for rafting, flyfishing, hiking and just enjoying the lazy days of Summer...Fall signals the festivals and mountain vistas splashed with Autumn's colors and last is Winter...minutes from Cataloochee Ski Resort....there's always fun on the slopes and then warming up at the cabin with hot chocolate and a relaxing evening reading or just enjoying the Winter Wonderland...All Seasons....a great place to visit, relax and enjoy the solitude of nature...
What makes this chalet unique
We own one cabin ~*~ Maggie Valley Chalet ~*~
*There are other cabins in the area, but we own one cabin and it is the only rental we have in Maggie Valley.
*The cabin is well furnished, well maintained and affordable...We feel it offers something for everyone....lots of rockers inside and out....comfortable funishings, well stocked kitchen with coffee furnished for those early morning trips....set in nature but with all the comforts of home.
Spend the day at the cabin and relax or take a short drive and visit Cataloochee Valley elk, hike, picnic, explore the wonders of nature or flyfish in the many streams for native trout or fish the rivers stocked with Brown or Rainbow trout or shoot on over to Cades Cove for a great ride and beautiful scenery as well...or jump on the Blue Ridge Parkway, the Entrance is only 5 minutes from the cabin....visit Biltmore, Asheville is only a 35 minute drive. Visit Waynesville, a 10 minute drive over and take in some great little art shops and restaurants....wherever your day takes you....you'll love returning to your own comfortable cabin in Maggie Valley...a vacationer's paradise.......If you want some R&R and just want a cozy cabin with views of the mountains, then come and stay at ~*~ Maggie Valley Chalet~*~ WNC* Great Smoky Mountains * Mountain Retreat. ~ * ~
Guestbook comments from the owner
Thank you for sharing your home with us. We had so much fun. We went horse back riding one day. On another we went to the waterfalls. We had cozy dinners and then watched movies you provided at the cabin. It really is like home away from home.
* Thanks Adriana for signing our guest book. Glad you enjoyed your stay.
Please visit with us again.