Maggie Valley Chalet Rental Photos and Description
Two Bathrooms: Queen Bed/ Connecting Half Bath~*~Plus a Separate Full Bathroom
* 2 Bedroom / *2 Bathrooms ~*~ Maggie Valley Chalet ~*~Wifi*
* Privately owned: We own ONE cabin in Maggie Valley*
Easy Access * No steep hills.* Four Seasons of Fun!*
Relaxing and well maintained cabin. * Two larger recliners and lots of rockers throughout the cabin provide lots of comfort.
We understand people love being outside too so there are Rockers on the front deck as well as under the large Maple that looks out over the mountains. We have a picnic table and grill for those evenings when you want to spend time relaxing and taking in the mountain views. We are located close to skiing, hiking and fishing. We are minutes from the entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway so it's always convenient to take a drive along the Parkway. * Located only minutes from the heart of Maggie *Shopping and dining are only five minutes away.* If you prefer to dine in our kitchen is well stocked. Lots of seating around a large table as well as a side table for Wifi. We have two large rockers in the kitchen for cozy mornings sipping coffee or reading. Our cabinets have spices and other things that make a stay at the chalet comfortable and convenient. Come play in our mountains, you'll never want to leave! One of our favorite sayings: ''As close to heaven as you can get with two feet on the ground.' We love our mountain retreat and feel blessed to be able to share it with others.
~*~ Four Season Of Fun! ~*~ Maggie Valley Chalet ~*~
A great vacation destination! ~*~
* WiFi * Internet with cable * Lots of movies provided * Books *
A vacation guide is provided with maps, directions, photos and tidbits about places to visit, restaurants, attractions and activities all within a short distance helps make planning your stay quick and easy. We also provide a large cooler and a picnic basket....All you have to do is fill it with your favorites.
* Only 5 minutes from the Entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway *
* Only 10 minutes from Cataloochee Ski Resort
* Only 5 minutes from the center of Maggie, shopping and dining.
* Only 5 minutes from Ghost Town
* Only 5 minutes from Tony's Tube World.
* Only 8 minutes from Water Rock Knob
* 30 minutes from Cataloochee Valley Elk* Old Logging Community, part of National Parks: Large Elk Herd. View wildlife: wild turkey, deer and occasional bear. Take a beautiful nature drive. Hike, Picnic or fly fish the beautiful streams that run through the valley.
* 5 Minutes from Ghost Town
* 35 Minutes from Biltmore Estates
* 10 minutes from Waynesville, galleries, unique shopping and fine dining.
* 30 minutes from Cherokee: *Outdoor drama: 'Unto These Hills' Harah's * Flyfishing* ( Santa Land- Kids favorite!) * Tubing*
* 30 minutes from Deep Creek: Waterfalls, tubing and Flyfishing
* 40 minutes from Nantahala: Rafting* Hiking*Biking* Flyfishing*
Every morning set out in a different direction and enjoy all the activities that just out the door.. If you prefer you can just settle in and enjoy the comfort of the cabin or sit out on the deck listening to the wind blow through the valley. Evenings are always cool in these hills. There is no place like Maggie! We know you will come to love this cabin as much as we do! *
* No steep hills*Easy Access Paved road & Parking* Wi-Fi* Comfortable* Gas Heat *Air Conditioned*
*Sheep Back Mt. views in front of us* Blue Ridge behind us
There is just something so relaxing about getting away to a Mountain Retreat, waking up in a cabin of your own and exploring the Great Smoky Mountains....
*Expanded Kitchen: Cookware *Coffee* Tea* Spices* Linens provided*
* Downstairs master suite:Queen bed/ connecting half-bath *Also separate Full Bathroom downstairs
* Loft bedroom: 2 Queen beds* DVD player *movies *Large Recliners & Rockers inside
* Glider/rockers/grill outside plus wooden rockers on front deck*
* Corfortable: Gas Heat * Air Conditioned
* Spring: Rides along the Parkway*Summer: Rafting*Hiking* Fall Rides: Festivals *Fall leaves,jellys & jams
* Viewing Elk: Historic Cataloochee Valley/ Maggie Valley* shop/dine Waynesville~OR~Explore Asheville/ Biltmore & neighboring WNC towns* Winter: Skiing at Cataloochee Ski Resort *
From the Cabin: Plan your week. : Scrapbook in Chalet:
Sample of destinations that start at our Maggie Valley Chalet:
~ In Maggie: Food, Farmer's markets, restaurants and road-side stands.
* Art * Music *Mountain Heritage activities and sites * The Great Outdoors *
Hike * Bike or Ride * 2 feet * 2 wheels or 4*... Blue Ridge Entrance 5 minutes from the cabin
MaggieValley Chalet has everything you need for a fun and relaxing vacation
and those magnificient Blue Ridge Mountains surround you!
*~~~* Plan Your Week * Or Enjoy a few days away. *~~~*
( Day 1 ) : Maggie Valley: Ghost Town/Amusement park in the morning. Shop and dine in town.
In the afternoon visit: Cataloochee Valley: Elk, wildlife, picnic, hike or just drive the scenic valley roads.
Elk roam the pastures.the mountain and valley views are amazing as well as the many streams. A great place to view the mountains and explore open valleys, trails and winding streams.
Drive the Blue Ridge Parkway, stop at overlooks,
take photos and enjoy nature close up.
Don't forget to visit the Stomping Ground: Blue Grass Music. Enjoy the show, skilled dancers, cloggers take the floor and provide great entertainment. Later, join in. Visitors are called to join in the fun or just watch as 'newbies' take the floor...which is also entertaining and fun!
( Day 2 ) : Waynesville: View Cold Mountain,shop at the shops which are fine art galleries that feature beautiful art work, pottery, and stain glass.. Enjoy fine dining, lots of restaurants to choose from.
Visit Bryson City,ride the
Great Smoky Mountain Railway-cross Fontana Lake' or ride along the Nantahala River watching White water rafting.The train stops at the Outdoor Center, allowing time for shopping and having a meal at the restaurant located on the river.( I have taken all the rides offered by the GSM Railway and enjoyed them all!)
( Day 3 ) :. Cherokee: 'Unto These Hills,' Outdoor drama about the history of Cherokee Indians and 'Trail of Tears'
( This outdoor drama is a 'must do' in the Smokies....Not only is it informative and educational but it is well produced and great entertainment! The history of the Cherokee people come alive as this outdoor drama unfolds. The cast and crew are skilled actors and the sets and lighting are magnificent. ( I have seen this production many times with family and friends and it only gets better each time!)
Harrah's Casino, for those who feel lucky is open 24 hours a day. I don't gamble....but I know some people do....The parking lot is always full. Harah's also offers fine dining and entertainment.
Santa Land theme park & zoo is a fun place to spend the day with kids...Lots of rides, games and a large zoo. There is an outdoor Bear show. There's a paddle park. Plus, Santa has a house here where the little kids get a chance to meet with Santa....(We once saw Santa dining in one of the restaurants in Cherokee.....my nephew remarked...So this is where Santa spends his Summer!....Nice little treat. Sure my nephew had tales to tell when he went back from Summer vacation!
( Day 4 ) : Brevard: Land of the Waterfalls.Miles of beautiful
waterfalls. Pack a picnic lunch. Falls are magnificent.
NC has beautiful Waterfalls that greet you at every turn. As the road winds along there is waterfall after waterfall.
Slide at Sliding Rock is a natural slide formed by large mountain rock that allows you to gentle glide down into a cascading pool of cool water.
Life guards are on duty. Kids and adults can spend a day sliding down the huge smooth natural slide.There is a small fee.
Bath house and bathroom provided. There are areas for Hiking Trails,tubing and enjoying a picnic lunch.
( Day 5 ) : Asheville: Biltmore Estates.
Visit Biltmore Village, dine or shop at one of the
many shops and galleries. Later take a trolley ride around Asheville, visit the many art shops and galleries.
( Day 6 ) : Gatlinberg and Pigeon Forge: Dollywood, waterparks, sights,
Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies. MANY shops and restaurants.
Cades Cove- scenic drive with wildlife, trails and hikes.
( Day 7 ) : Relax at the cabin. Enjoy morning coffee sitting in the rockers on the deck....
overlooking the valley below. Relax and enjoy our quiet Smoky Mountain Retreat.
Picnic table*grill* glider & rockers are provided for our guests*.
Maggie Valley truely is the' GATEWAY TO THE SMOKIES
Close to major attractions*Ski Resort* Ghost Town* and Blue Ridge Parkway*'
If you would like to take a ride and enjoy a day trip, pack a picnic lunch and head out to explore the Waterfalls of WNC or take a drive to Fields in the Woods.....Stop by the Nantahal Outdoor Center and enjoy whitewater rafting or just watch the rafters from the many decks along the river along the way....Field in the Woods is a park that is not too well known and time has taken a toll on some of the monuments...but it a very special place. The Ten Commandments are laid out in stone on the side of a mountain, at the top of the mountain flags have been placed for every country where the Gospel of Christ has been preached. There is replica of the tomb where Christ was buried...a nice place to visit and reflect on our many blessings..
All the small towns that surround Maggie offer their own special attractions, and since Maggie is centrally located you have lots of places to see and visit. And if you can't get around to seeing them all....then come...Maggie has a way of calling you back to these beautiful hills and quiet streams..
~*~ Maggie Valley Chalet
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- smoking allowed
- pets considered
- children welcome
About Rebecca C Watkins
* We own one cabin in Maggie Valley *
* We love our cabin and we hope that all guests will enjoy their visit. Our Mountain Retreat' has been a place we have treasured over the years....Flyfishing, Hiking, Picnics along the Blue Ridge Parkway.....or just taking long rides along mountain roads with heavenly views....This cabin is a very special place for our family. Our family has many treasured memories of time spent here at the cabin that span generations: * We all agree* After a long day, and we all love the mountains. It is always nice to settle back on the front porch in one of those wooden rockers and just take in the mountain views....either alone with a cup of coffee or with all the kids playing close by....there is no place on earth where I feel closer to heaven than in this cabin in the Mountains of Maggie Valley....nestled in the Great Smoky Mountains...
We hope you feel as much at home here as we do.
All linens provided as well as a well stocked kitchen...we even provide coffee, tea and sugar....We know having a mug of coffee close by, recliners and comfy rockers provide a relaxing start to your day...or if you just spend your day at the cabin...it's always nice to have that little extra comfort.....Maggie Valley Chalet.....
Minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway and Cataloochee Ski Resort.......Maggie Valley Chalet...We think of it as a 'heavenly place.'
Our hope is you will enjoy the cabin as much as we always have! Well maintained and furnished with all the comforts of home. We feel truly blessed to be able to share this place with others. We hope our guests enjoy it as much as we do.
Rebecca C Watkins purchased this chalet in 1970
Why Rebecca C Watkins chose Maggie Valley
Minutes from the heart of Maggie Valley, minutes from the entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway, short drive to many small mountain towns that provide additional vacation attractions while still nestled in the mountains amid beautiful mountain vistas...
Four seasons of fun...Spring brings the hillsides to life with all the flowers and all the young creatures venturing out, Summer is a time for rafting, flyfishing, hiking and just enjoying the lazy days of Summer...Fall signals the festivals and mountain vistas splashed with Autumn's colors and last is Winter...minutes from Cataloochee Ski Resort....there's always fun on the slopes and then warming up at the cabin with hot chocolate and a relaxing evening reading or just enjoying the Winter Wonderland...All Seasons....a great place to visit, relax and enjoy the solitude of nature...
What makes this chalet unique
We own one cabin ~*~ Maggie Valley Chalet ~*~
*There are other cabins in the area, but we own one cabin and it is the only rental we have in Maggie Valley.
*The cabin is well furnished, well maintained and affordable...We feel it offers something for everyone....lots of rockers inside and out....comfortable funishings, well stocked kitchen with coffee furnished for those early morning trips....set in nature but with all the comforts of home.
Spend the day at the cabin and relax or take a short drive and visit Cataloochee Valley elk, hike, picnic, explore the wonders of nature or flyfish in the many streams for native trout or fish the rivers stocked with Brown or Rainbow trout or shoot on over to Cades Cove for a great ride and beautiful scenery as well...or jump on the Blue Ridge Parkway, the Entrance is only 5 minutes from the cabin....visit Biltmore, Asheville is only a 35 minute drive. Visit Waynesville, a 10 minute drive over and take in some great little art shops and restaurants....wherever your day takes you....you'll love returning to your own comfortable cabin in Maggie Valley...a vacationer's paradise.......If you want some R&R and just want a cozy cabin with views of the mountains, then come and stay at ~*~ Maggie Valley Chalet~*~ WNC* Great Smoky Mountains * Mountain Retreat. ~ * ~
Guestbook comments from the owner
Thank you for sharing your home with us. We had so much fun. We went horse back riding one day. On another we went to the waterfalls. We had cozy dinners and then watched movies you provided at the cabin. It really is like home away from home.
* Thanks Adriana for signing our guest book. Glad you enjoyed your stay.
Please visit with us again.