* 2 Bedroom / *2 Bathrooms ~*~ Maggie Valley Chalet ~*~Wifi*
* Privately owned * WE OWN ONE cabin in Maggie Valley *
Our cabin offers: Easy Access * No steep hills.* Paved parking and drive to cabin is fully paved. Five minutes from the center of Maggie which provides conveniences and yet far enough away to enjoy the comfort of a mountain retreat.
The kitchen has a large dining table that seats four to six people and also a drop leaf table. This is a great place to enjoy the views and connect to Wifi. There are two rockers in this area, a large window and door that provide beautiful views of Sheep Back Mountain.
The side porch provides access to the driveway. We also have a nice area to grill in front of the cabin. We have a wooden picnic table and rockers for our guest to enjoy that sits beneath a large maple. The front deck also has wooden rockers, a great place to enjoy morning coffee.
The living room area has two large recliners, a large comfortable couch and rocker. There is cable tv that offers a large selection of channels and there is a large selection of movies in the cabinet under the tv. DVD.
The living room opens onto a deck with three large wooden rockers.
The downstairs bedroom has a connecting half bath. There is also a separate full bathroom located downstairs. We understand that two bathrooms will make your stay comfortable and help make those mornings easier as you head out for adventures in the Smokys Mountains. All linens provided, towels and first two rolls of paper products.
The upstairs loft bedroom has two large queen size beds.
High Quality linens provide a restful nights sleep.
There is a toy box for kids. The room is spacious and comfortable.
*Our chalet is maintained by a very efficient property service. Always clean and nicely decorated.
We acquired a new service a few months ago and we are ecstatic with the cleanliness and efficiency of the service they have provided. Number is posted in the cabin for your convenience should any need arise during your stay.
One thing we love about our visits to the cabin is that it is not unusual early in the morning or just at dusk to see elk just below the cabin. The herd that roams Cataloochee has grown and spread out and now elk are often seen from rockers on our deck or the rockers we have in our picnic area in front of our cabin.
Great location: Only 5 minutes from center of Maggie Valley, surrounded by beautiful mountain views, offers easy access and is very comfortable, clean, very neat and well decorated.
We are located minutes from the Entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway,
Minutes from restaurants, skiing as well as many other activities.
~ Maggie Valley Chalet~
*5 minutes from center of Maggie.
*5 Minutes from Blue Ridge Parkway.
*5 Minutes from Ghost Town.
*5 minutes from Tony's Tube World.
*10 minutes from Cataloochee Ski Resort
check in: 3 pm
check out: 10 am.
~*~ Lots of little things to make your stay fun and relaxing! ~*~
*The entire drive to the cabin is paved and parking is paved.
*We also have an extra parking pad for extra vehicles if needed.
*Relaxing and well maintained cabin. *
*Kitchen area has a large table for dining as well as a side table that is perfect for your computer.* Wifi Provided *There is a covered porch off the kitchen making your coming and going comfortable. Plus, watching the sun come up over the mountains is a great way to start you day. We provide coffee, cream and sweeteners because we know a good cup of coffee starts the day off right. *The cabinets are stocked with spices and other little things to help make your stay comfortable and convenient. We have two rockers in our kitchen because we know it's nice to have company when you prepare home cooked meals or picnic lunches. It's also a nice place to read and spend quite time if others prefer to watch tv in the den. Our downstairs bedroom has a half bathroom. The second bathroom is a full bathroom located downstairs as well. This is convenient as well as there are times when you just need two bathrooms.
*The beds are comfortable. All linens, towels, hand towels are provided as well as warm blankets and throws.
*The upstairs loft has two queen beds and of course a rocker. There are books and toys. Cabin has gas heat and air conditioning. The den has two large recliners, a large couch, cable tv with a large selection of channels and a large selection of movies are provided. After a day of activities it's nice to have a movie night. Looking out the front door and windows you see the beauty of the mountains as the sun rises. The front deck has three large wooden rockers and even has a small child rocker. The front deck is a great place to listen to the wind blow through the valley or just enjoy being outside. Out front beneath a large maple we have a picnic table, a double rocker and a large single rocker for our guests to enjoy. We also have a grill for evening *Barbecues. There's a light out front under the Maple, if you decide to sit out under the stars...you still can have some light if you choose to....of course, the stars are pretty spectacular in the mountains....They seem to be only inches above you head.
*We understand people love spending time outside. There are Rockers on the front deck as well as under the large Maple that looks out over the mountains. *There is large open area just below the cabin that has a large wooden play set with swings and a slide. Kids love to sled the hill by the swings during Winter visits. Sitting out on the deck or under the Maple...you can view the open area, plus you are looking at those gorgeous mountain views...During the Fall the mountain side takes on a kaleidoscope of colors! We're just five minutes from the entrance to the parkway so we are nestled in the midst of beautiful mountains.
*Everyone enjoys coffee while watching the mist rise up over those beautiful hills. It's nice to get outside and enjoy nature. Our guests include chipmunks, groundhogs as well as elk that often graze just down the hill from the cabin.
*Spring* Summer* Fall* Winter*
~*~ Maggie Valley Chalet ~*~ A great Vacation Destination ~*~
* We are located close to skiing, hiking and fishing. We are minutes from the entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway so it's always convenient to take a drive along the Parkway. * Located only minutes from the heart of Maggie *Shopping and dining are only five minutes away.* If you prefer to dine in, our kitchen is well stocked with pots, pans, crock pot and spices. There's lots of seating around a large table as well as a side table for Wifi. Come play in our mountains, you'll never want to leave! One of our favorite sayings: ''As close to heaven as you can get with two feet on the ground.' We love our mountain retreat and feel blessed to be able to share it with others.
~*~ Four Season Of Fun! ~*~ Maggie Valley Chalet ~*~
* WiFi * Internet with cable * Lots of movies provided * Books *
We have a scrapbook that is a great vacation guide. It has provided maps, directions, photos and tidbits about places to visit, restaurants, attractions and activities all within a short distance which help make planning your stay quick and easy. A large cooler and a picnic basket is provided.....All you have to do is fill it with your favorites.
* Only 5 minutes from the Entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway *
* Only 10 minutes from Cataloochee Ski Resort
* Only 5 minutes from the center of Maggie, shopping and dining.
* Only 5 minutes from Ghost Town
* Only 5 minutes from Tony's Tube World.
* Only 8 minutes from Water Rock Knob
* 30 minutes from Cataloochee Valley Elk* Old Logging Community, part of National Parks: Large Elk Herd. View wildlife: wild turkey, deer and occasional bear. Take a beautiful nature drive. Hike, Picnic or fly fish the beautiful streams that run through the valley.
Central location makes our cabin a great place to
* 5 Minutes from Ghost Town
* 35 Minutes from Biltmore Estates
* 10 minutes from Waynesville, galleries, unique shopping and fine dining.
* 30 minutes from Cherokee: *Outdoor drama: 'Unto These Hills' Harah's * Flyfishing* ( Santa Land- Kids favorite!) * Tubing*
* 30 minutes from Deep Creek: Waterfalls, tubing and Flyfishing
* 40 minutes from Nantahala: Rafting* Hiking*Biking* Flyfishing*
Every morning set out in a different direction and enjoy all the activities that just out the door.. Enjoy the comfort of the cabin or sit out on the deck listening to the wind blow through the valley. Evenings are always cool in these hills. There is no place like Maggie! We know you will come to love this cabin as much as we do! *
* No steep hills*Easy Access Paved road & Parking* Wi-Fi* Comfortable* Gas Heat *Air Conditioned*
*Sheep Back Mt. views in front of us* Blue Ridge behind us.
A Relaxing Mountain Retreat, waking up in a cabin of your own and exploring the Great Smoky Mountains....
* Cookware *Coffee* Tea* Spices* Linens provided*
* Downstairs master suite:Queen bed/ connecting half-bath *Also separate Full Bathroom downstairs
* Loft bedroom: 2 Queen beds* DVD player *movies *Large Recliners & Rockers inside
* Glider/rockers/grill outside plus wooden rockers on front deck*
* Comfortable: Gas Heat * Air Conditioned
Open field for walking pets, children to play and also there is a large wooden swing set. Beautiful views. Take a long walk or just relax on the front deck.
Four Seasons of Fun!
* Spring: Rides along the Parkway* We're only five minutes from the Entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway so it's always convenient to take a ride. Summer: Rafting*Hiking* Fall Rides: Festivals * Jellys and Jams. Fall color spills out over the hill side.
View Elk just below the cabin or large herds in Historic Cataloochee Valley.
Explore Maggie Valley:shop/dine or visit nearby Waynesville
Explore Asheville/ Biltmore or neighboring WNC towns*
Skiing: Cataloochee Ski Resort is only. 10 minutes from cabin * or if you prefer to tube: Tony's Tube World: 5 minutes from cabin.
* We own one cabin in Maggie Valley *
* We love our cabin and we hope that all guests will enjoy their visit. Our Mountain Retreat' has been a place we have treasured over the years....Flyfishing, Hiking, Picnics along the Blue Ridge Parkway.....or just taking long rides along mountain roads with heavenly views....This cabin is a very special place for our family. Our family has many treasured memories of time spent here at the cabin that span generations: * We all agree* After a long day, and we all love the mountains. It is always nice to settle back on the front porch in one of those wooden rockers and just take in the mountain views....either alone with a cup of coffee or with all the kids playing close by....there is no place on earth where I feel closer to heaven than in this cabin in the Mountains of Maggie Valley....nestled in the Great Smoky Mountains...
We hope you feel as much at home here as we do.
All linens provided as well as a well stocked kitchen...we even provide coffee, tea and sugar....We know having a mug of coffee close by, recliners and comfy rockers provide a relaxing start to your day...or if you just spend your day at the cabin...it's always nice to have that little extra comfort.....Maggie Valley Chalet.....
Minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway and Cataloochee Ski Resort.......Maggie Valley Chalet...We think of it as a 'heavenly place.'
Our hope is you will enjoy the cabin as much as we always have! Well maintained and furnished with all the comforts of home. We feel truly blessed to be able to share this place with others. We hope our guests enjoy it as much as we do.
Rebecca C Watkins purchased this chalet in 1970
Minutes from the heart of Maggie Valley, minutes from the entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway, short drive to many small mountain towns that provide additional vacation attractions while still nestled in the mountains amid beautiful mountain vistas...
Four seasons of fun...Spring brings the hillsides to life with all the flowers and all the young creatures venturing out, Summer is a time for rafting, flyfishing, hiking and just enjoying the lazy days of Summer...Fall signals the festivals and mountain vistas splashed with Autumn's colors and last is Winter...minutes from Cataloochee Ski Resort....there's always fun on the slopes and then warming up at the cabin with hot chocolate and a relaxing evening reading or just enjoying the Winter Wonderland...All Seasons....a great place to visit, relax and enjoy the solitude of nature...
We own one cabin ~*~ Maggie Valley Chalet ~*~
*There are other cabins in the area, but we own one cabin and it is the only rental we have in Maggie Valley.
The cabin has great views of Sheep Back Mountain.
*The cabin is well furnished, well maintained and affordable...We feel it offers something for everyone....lots of rockers inside and out....comfortable funishings, well stocked kitchen with coffee furnished for those early morning trips....set in nature but with all the comforts of home.
Spend the day at the cabin and relax or take a short drive and visit Cataloochee Valley elk, hike, picnic, explore the wonders of nature or flyfish in the many streams for native trout or fish the rivers stocked with Brown or Rainbow trout or shoot on over to Cades Cove for a great ride and beautiful scenery as well...or jump on the Blue Ridge Parkway, the Entrance is only 5 minutes from the cabin....visit Biltmore, Asheville is only a 35 minute drive. Visit Waynesville, a 10 minute drive over and take in some great little art shops and restaurants....wherever your day takes you....you'll love returning to your own comfortable cabin in Maggie Valley...a vacationer's paradise.......If you want some R&R and just want a cozy cabin with views of the mountains, then come and stay at ~*~ Maggie Valley Chalet~*~ WNC* Great Smoky Mountains * Mountain Retreat. ~ * ~
Thank you for sharing your home with us. We had so much fun. We went horse back riding one day. On another we went to the waterfalls. We had cozy dinners and then watched movies you provided at the cabin. It really is like home away from home.
* Thanks Adriana for signing our guest book. Glad you enjoyed your stay.
Please visit with us again.
* Maggie Valley * Mountain Retreat * 2 Bedroom *2 Bathroom Chalet *Easy Access:Paved Road Entire drive to the Chalet* Located 10 Minutes from Cataloochee Ski Resort* 5 Minutes from the Entrance to The Blue Ridge Parkway* Tony,s Tube World in Maggie Valley* Surrounded by Mountain views.
20 Minutes From Harrah's:Cherokee Casino* Santa Land Theme Park and Zoo* and *Unto These Hills* Outdoor Drama* *Waynesville*Cold Mt* Shops* Galleries*Restaurants* Ashville: Biltmore Estates* Flat Rock theater*Carl Sandburg Home*Sliding Rock* Craggy Gardens/ Chimney Rock Nantahala Outdoor Center,whitewater rafting / Deep Creek, tube rentals. Western NC Nature Center/Thomas Wolfe Memorial/Carl Sandberg Home/Flat Rock Theater/Brevard- Waterfalls/Sliding Rock- 60 foot natural slide or visit Gatlinberg, Pigeon Forge,Dollywood*~*Maggie Valley Chalet*
The ? of hiking, fishing and discovering nature? It's contagious!
Other Activities: Scenic drives: Located only 2 miles from the Entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway *~*Maggie Valley Chalet*~* Cabin is minutes from the heart of Maggie* Enjoy: Mountain Clogging at the Stomping Ground * Blue Grass* Dinner Theater & Restaurants *~* Enjoy nature in the High Country * Visit Cataloochee Valley ( my personal favorite!) View: Wild Life: Elk, deer, black bears and flyfish the native brookies. Enjoy the many wild flowers and butterflies as well as the many species of wild birds such as Indigo buntings and ruffled grouse. Wild turkeys roam the open meadows as well as elk. Enjoy a hike, take your camera~
Best time to view elk: dusk...pack a picnic, gas up the car, toss in your boots and grab your walking stickss.lots of trails through dense forest..? Leave no trace ?
Catalooche: old Logging Community bought out by the National Park Service, many old homes, churches and structures to explore.
Enjoy the solitude of silence broken only by nature..? Life is Good ?
Golf: Iron Tree Golf Course- 828-627-1933
Junaluska Driving Range- 828-454-0660
Lake Junaluska Golf Course 828-456-5777
Springdale Country Club 828-234-8451
Waynesville Country Club 828-452-4617
Maggie Valley Club 828-926-6013
Ski: Cataloochee is the first to Open and the last to Close in NC.
Snowmaking and computerized snowmaking on 75% of mountains if needed to ensure every trip is a good trip.
Tony's Tube World-plan for a day of tubing-Great fun for the entire family.
For a friendly, family oriented Winter Vacation-
*Cataloochee Ski Resort:Great for the novice or experienced skiier : *~*Maggie Valley Chalet*~*
~ when snow falls, sled down the hill in front of the cabin, build a snow man or just enjoy the beauty of a Winter Wonderland at your front door.....When the toes call for some warmth... come inside and sip hot cocoa or grab your favorite book and snuggle down in a comfortable chair or one of our many rockers...Lots of books and movies or if you are feeling like it's time to connect to the outside world,we've got YFI....but we think you'll be having so much fun getting back to the mountains.....you will long for the sound of the wind that blows through the Valley.ah..~ Maggie's calling ~
The Great Smoky Mountains....a national treasure that belongs to all of us....come play in the Smokies.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jan 11 2015 - May 31 2015
1 night minimum stay
Jun 1 2015 - Oct 31 2015
1 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
|Cleaning||$70 + Tax|
* November 1- May 31st: Rates: $525 per week *
* June 1st- October 31st: Rates: $550 per week *
All Seasons nightly rate: $100
All seasons, any night beyond 7 nights is $60 per night.
Any Night beyond 7 nights is only $60. Per Night
cleaning fee: $70
sales tax: 11 %
no deposit required.
no pet fee.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.