Our beautiful house is right across the street from the quiet beach in Wilbur-by-the-Sea, a little town on a barrier island between Ponce Inlet and Daytona Beach Shores. It is directly across the street from the ocean.
Walk to the fishing pier or splash in the ocean. Come back for a dip in the pool then play foosball while your friends fire up the grill. Better yet, walk three blocks to Boondocks, an open-air marina restaurant.
The SunGlow Pier is one mile north, the SunCruz casino boat and the Ponce Inlet lighthouse are four miles south. Daytona Beach main street pier is seven miles away. St. Augustine is a 45 minute drive up I-95 north. Disney World is 90 minutes west on I-4. Kennedy Space center is an hour south. Winter Park, with a famous, very charming shopping area (Park Avenue), as well as museums and a scenic boat tour around the chain of lakes, is one hour west on I-4.
And once again, the ocean is right across the street!
What's in the rental agreement?: Once you tell me that you want to rent the house, I'll prepare a rental agreement and e-mail it to you. The actual agreement takes precedence over any description written here. Generally (not always), the agreement contains the following:
1. Security deposit due within seven days, to complete the reservation.
2. Rent plus tax due two months before arrival.
3. Full refund with cancellation more than eight weeks before arrival.
4. Forfeit security deposit with cancellation four to eight weeks before arrival.
5. Forfeit up to $1000 with cancellation less than four weeks before arrival.
6. I can accept payments through PayPal, including credit card payments. PayPal charges me a fee for that, and I pass that fee on to you.
You probably don't want to heat the pool: There's a propane heater for the pool. Propane has become very expensive, and it would be possible to spend more to heat the pool than the entire cost of the rental. If you really want to heat the pool, I would ask for a special (and large) deposit to cover the cost of the propane. The tank would be full when you arrive. After you leave, I'll have the tank refilled, and deduct that cost from the special deposit.
Only groups with one or more adults over 34: I know that many high school and college groups would be great renters. But many wouldn't be. To protect my house and my relationship with the neighbors, I avoid renting to groups without at least one person 35 or older.
The house is in Wilbur-by-the-Sea, between Port Orange and Ponce Inlet. Downtown Daytona Beach is eight miles away.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
28 night minimum stay
|Notes||cleaning fee is included in rental rate
* Rate quoted is typical. May vary according to time of year and number in party.
* $500 security deposit, refundable if there are no damages
* Personal check preferred, with time to clear the bank.
* Paypal or credit card accepted, but renter pays the fee (2.9% + $0.30)
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay. Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.