Montara Cottage Rental Photos and Description
Cottage, 1 Bedroom, 1 Bath, (Sleeps 3)
Listen to the waves below
Take in magnificent views of the Pacific Ocean
Breathe in the fresh, clean air at the beach
Feel all your worries melt away...
This oceanfront Sea Glass Cottage is the picture-perfect place to enjoy natural beauty and serenity on the san mateo coast near Half Moon Bay. Nothing in front of you but the Pacific Ocean. Ideal spot for a romantic retreat to the beach, a honeymoon, or celebrate an anniversary , mom daughter weekend or best of friends getaway. Our guest comments repeat each other with how being close to the ocean seems to melt their busy lives away.
Sea Glass Cottage is a studio layout. The unobstructed ocean views can be enjoyed from the kitchen, living/dining area, as well as the sleeping area where you can wake up to the amazing ocean view from the comfort of your cozy king-size bed. Watch the sea lions, pelicans, seasonal whales, and dolphins go by.
Each of the two cottages on the property has its own small private deck with comfortable outdoor wicker lounge chairs & ottomans, situated to enjoy an unobstructed ocean view.
The views are absolutely stunning from all living areas of this romantic, elegantly appointed cottage. This is the spot to truly get away from it all. And still less than a 30-minute drive to San Francisco! Sea Glass Cottage includes the following amenities:
- High thread count linens
- Pillow-top king bed with white leather tufted head and foot board
- White stained oak flooring throughout
- Sophisticated seaside furnishings
- White spa towels and robes for lounging
- Shampoo/conditioner, mouthwash, soaps, shower gel, lotions
- Fully stocked kitchen for foodies... create your own romantic beach meal. There's even a panini maker!
- Coffees: ground & whole bean, grinder, press, selection of assorted teas
- 37 in. flat screen TV w/ cable, DVD player
- Comcast WiFi internet service (complimentary)
- iPod station
- Warm, cozy blankets for sitting outside at the gas fire pit.... witness the sunset setting directly in front of you!
Two cottages are situated on a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean and unspoiled Fitzgerald Marine Reserve. There is a common garden area located an appropriate distance from each cottage to enable privacy. The shared area offers a comfortable outdoor sectional, individual lounge chairs, and gas fire pit.
Fall asleep to the sound of ocean waves on the beach below. Wake up to the sound of seagulls in the distant sky. Sip your morning cup of java on the beach, it's only a 2-minute walk from your front door, or sit in bed and enjoy your private oceanfront view.
Our Sea Glass Cottage was built in 1906. This location was a destination spot for weekenders in the early 1900's. Guests traveled by train from San Francisco and Santa Cruz to visit this amazing place referred to as 'Nye's Reef'. At one time the property boasted a restaurant, hotel, bunk houses, and a tavern. Most of the buildings are still standing. This oceanfront cottage has been visited by many well-known individuals over the years including Jack London and Luther Burbank. A little inspiration! The setting makes it ideal for couples or individuals seeking solitude and serenity on the San Mateo Coast overlooking at the Fitzgerald Marine Reserve.
- Fitzgerald Marine Reserve (2-minute walk). Explore tide pools, watch sea lions napping on the rocks in the natural bay.
- 100 year-old forest (2-minute walk)
- Seal Cove Beach, a hidden gem (7-minute walk)
- Historic distillery restaurant (10-minute walk)
- Mavericks surf break (20-minute walk)
- Princeton Harbor for boating, kayaking, restaurants, shopping, or pampering spa. Pick up fresh fish from the local fisherman at the Princeton Harbor Pier for that gourmet seafood dinner you've been dreaming of creating! (3 miles)
- Half Moon Bay, quaint & historic town (6 miles)
Please no weddings, receptions or parties.
The beauty here will astound you. When our guests arrive and open the gate, everyone has the same reaction... 'Wow, this is unbelievable!'
We hope to soon welcome YOU to this breathtaking location and the Sea Glass Cottage.
Aloha, ~Carol & Jerome
- non smoking only
- wheelchair accessible
- not suitable for children
- pets considered
About carol brolan
Jerome & I have lived on the coast for 36 years. Jerome visited the area as a youngster with his grandparents in the 60's, fishing and playing on the beaches. I grew up in the South Pacific, my bearings have always been the ocean. The beauty of the coast, the open hills, miles of beaches, and isolation from the fast pace of city life helped us decide to make this place our home. Our choice to live and raise our children here is undeniably our our best decision! ~Carol
Why carol brolan chose Montara
Of the many places around the world we've been fortunate to visit and/or live, this spot is an incredible gem! The views are panoramic, unspoiled and unsurpassed. It is too special not to share with others.
What makes this cottage unique
The awe-inspiring sunsets viewed from the garden area are difficult to describe, they must be experienced. Exploring Fitzgerald Marine Reserve tide pools at low tide is not to be missed. Low tide occurs twice daily. Walking trails along the bluffs above the marine preserve and Seal Cove Beach are magnificent. A quick 10-minute walk through a 100 year-old forest is a fun adventure, ending at the Distillery Restaurant with its legend of the Blue Lady.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Our stay at your cottage was more than words can say! My husband and I were in great need of a getaway. But in no way did we feel our vacation would be soo beautiful & romantic! This place was perfect to re-kindle our love!!! I left all the stress of life on the plane. Please know that we will return and can't wait to tell our friends & family!
Thank you so much.