WE HAVE ALL FIVE STAR REVIEWS!
Safely hidden from the mood ruining madness and conventionality of a typical tourist class hotel, this intimate 5-star beach retreat is a special beach bungalow-style house with tropical colored doors, located just off the ocean at the end of 'Millionaire's row', and only a 4 minute stroll from one the most beautiful 'private-style' wide beaches in all Florida! Our fascinating beach has a stunning view of the inlet lighthouse! Spend the day reading and sleeping under a our beach umbrella, enjoy tropical cocktails at the Tiki Bar or a $40/hr. swedish massage by Betty's favorite therapist. This 'boutique-style' bungalow apartment has the extra cleanliness and sparkle you long for but simply cannot seem to find anywhere else. Enjoy being at 'home' with a FULL kitchen, lovely glassware and everything you could possibly want including a huge dose of charm. Shower outside in the tropical garden then nap in on your screened porch or in the hammock. Invite your friends for cocktails or BBQ in your tropical backyard.
ABSOLUTELY GREAT LOCATION!: At the beach, just north of Laud-by-the-Sea, south of Boca and Palm Beach. Scuba and fishing boats are within walking distance. Enjoy breakfast at the beach or dinner amongst the yachts. Right across the bridge is the new Fashion mall, a new dog park, bicycle track, movie complex, and golf course! Best of all, discover all the different moods the ocean has to offer! Hunt sea shells in early morning light, or experience the hypnotic relaxing twinkling sunlight on smooth sand or just fall asleep to the sound of the waves. This is not a noisy beach but a wide private-style beach. Tour the Intracoastal waterways in a water taxi! Enjoy a full day on the beach under our large quality UV protected beach umbrella and in our beach chairs. Park your car right in front of the bungalow!
BETTY'S ATTENTION TO DETAIL! :
• FIVE STAR CLEAN! This means always a fresh bed spread and mattress pad! Perfect sanitizing of the bathroom! (Walls washed, toilet polished, every corner cleaned, etc.) We do NOT hire 'cleaning services'! We are proud to have one employee 'Olga' who loves to please guests and who meticulously deep cleans and sanitizes. This level of cleaning is found in the highest level hotels or six star river cruises like Tauck and Uniworld!
• Previously named 'Walk-on-the-Beach Guesthouse'
See us on You Tube: Just type in: Walk-on-the-Beach vacation rental.
• Tired after a long flight? Traveling with a child? Your refrigerator can be fully stocked for you at check in. Just call ahead and provide a grocery list! ($25 charge plus cost of groceries.) How about flowers for your wife?
• Information: You'll find 'Frommer's Guide to South Florida' in your apartment!
• Entertainment: Boston Legal dvd's available. Comcast cable includes 'On-Demand'!
• Fast WiFi: Even in the tropical backyard.
• Heated swimming pool: Available close by!
• Trust: Very important! You can trust Betty's Boutique BEACH Bungalow for your beach escape! You will not be disappointed!
Betty says: 'As owner, I am very personally involved in my beautiful beach bungalow retreat! Knowing that my guests are comfortable, that they know where to go for groceries or for a special meal overlooking the ocean is important to me! I take the extra steps and spend the extra money so that their stay is perfect and charming. Pillowcases are ironed, bedspreads are washed and guests have an assortment of fresh bed pillows to choose from. I know what I want when I travel so provide my guests with the same. In each of the three guest apartments you will find a copy of Frommer's Guide to South Florida.
This is such an active, unique and special area yet I often find my guests just hanging around the bungalow and relaxing. There is a nice laundry room.
For dog owners, I provide dog shampoo, dog towels, a dog bed, and dog bowls. (I have enjoyed the most wonderful dog guests!)
Dogs are accepted on an individual basis and must be up to date on their shots, and have had a recent Frontline/Advantage treatment.
A sincere promise to our non-dog guests... we promise you would never know a dog had ever been in your apartment!
Hi, I'm Betty. My husband owns a golf course and I stay busy with my four fabulous vacation rentals! We live only a couple of blocks from the ocean near Port Everglades. When I hear the deep blast from a cruise ship horn, I jump on my bicycle with my dog and we ride down the street alongside the cruise ship waving to passengers as they head out to sea! Saturday evening cruise ship departures are a big celebration in our neighborhood. This is a wonderful tropical area!
Last May, I traveled by myself throughout France for six weeks. I took a six star river cruise, enjoyed a brief stay in a Relais & Chateaux property, and explored for many interesting hotels and pensions. What I found was that cleanliness was more important to me than I had realized!
Those of us who are personally involved in our properties can provide this serious level of cleanliness that impresses guests. Things like a fresh bedspread, instead of one that previous guests used! Who does that? I DO!
I sincerely adore making my guests happy. I love making a pretty bed and putting out pretty soaps. I want your bungalow apartment to be perfect and cleaner than any place you have ever stayed! I seek to provide for my guests, the same level of excellence I seek when I travel!
I absolutely fell in love with this beach bungalow style house when I saw it! Especially the charming private tropical backyard! In an area between posh Palm Beach and wild Ft. Lauderdale, I found a little haven where people still say hello when they walk back and forth to the beach. Careful attention to detail, lots of love and money created Betty's Boutique Beach Bungalow which has people constantly telling me they want to copy what I did in their own home. I found my true passion in this property and can literally spend all day grooming, planting flowers and cleaning. This is a perfect location! Our local spa offers my Betty's Boutique Beach Bungalow guests hour (or two!) therapeutic Swedish Massage treatments for ... $40/hour! Two hours for $80. This will become your beach home where you can truly get away and RELAX. Come indulge yourself with clean air, salt water, the warmth of our sunshine, papayas, long walks on the beach and the ever changing colorful skies!
List of Betty's favorite 10 unusual things to do!
1. Run up to the Lighthouse and back, shower outside in the tropical backyard then take a nap in the hammock or on the large sofa on the front porch.
2. Breckfast on the beach at Lighthouse Cove.
3. Lunch with a cold glass of Chardonney overlooking the beach from the top floor of the SeaWatch (close by).
4. Outside dining at Galuppi's looking out over the beautiful new Greg Norman golf course while the sun sets! And Sunday brunch at Galuppi's!
5. Watch the dogs run and play at the huge new dog park at the golf course.
6. Aerobics in the heated swimming pool at one of my vacation rentals. (All my guests are welcome.)
7. The HUGE Sawgrass Mills Mall.
8. A burger at Pelican's Landing, looking out over the Intracoastal Waterway and sitting next to a ten million dollar mega yacht!
9. A mohito at the Tiki Bar up the street.
10. Exploring the Ft. Lauderdale waterways on the 'Carrie B'.
Watch morning sun reflect on the ocean. Stroll through the waves coming ashore. Once you experience it, you crave it. Enjoy ALL the different moods the beach has to offer! Everything you need is provided. Beach chairs, beach towels, beach umbrella and coolers. Fishing boats are down the street. Enjoy lunch overlooking the beach or amongst yachts. This is such a great area with so much to do and I can tell you about places most tourists don't find. Pompano~by~the~Sea is between Lauderdale, the Venice of America, and posh Boca Raton. Enjoy bistros and exceptional homemade ice cream at Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, shop The Galleria, discover Las Olas Boulevard, or just hop around town on a water taxi. When was the last time you took a nap in a hammock? Shhh... you may hear the wild parrots above you. Enjoy showering outside and a BBQ in the tropical backyard. THIS IS TROPICAL LIVING!
Other Activities: • Join the Saturday and Sunday whistle blowing, bell ringing, lights flashing, celebration on the beach as the huge cruise ships depart from Port Everglades. • Take a side trip to the Pennycamp underwater national park in the keys, hop a water taxi and explore Fort Lauderdale, or take a fast airboat ride through the Everglades and see alligators in the wild. • Join me at New Presbyterian PCA Church close by in Pompano Beach. • But my personal very favorite escape is simply sitting outside on the top floor at the SeaWatch restaurant overlooking the beautiful blue green ocean and listening to the waves coming ashore. There is always a cool breeze even on hot summer days. In the summer they have a $20 'early bird' dinner (5 -6 pm) of lobster tails, prime rib, etc. and it is really delicious food! • Lastly, you and Fido can enjoy the fabulous new Pompano Beach dog park, right across the bridge at the golf course, and even take Fido to lunch with you outside at the golf course restaurant.
Golf: Right across the bridge at Pompano Beach. Or drive west to my husband's golf course!
Ski: Boat... not snow skiing.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency () unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website: