A Splendid Holiday Gathering Place
Submitted: January 14, 2013
Stayed: December 2012
We were three young couples (and a small dog) visiting Palm Springs over the New Years holiday and this house made an ideal, quiet, and relaxing home base.
The house itself is tastefully (but not indulgently) appointed, with very smart, mid-century furniture, good quality kitchenware, and charming outdoor features, such as a gas grill and fire pits. Although there is only one (extremely large) shower, we found the house ideally sized for six adults.
Several of us are architects and designers - and having spent past holidays in garish, overpriced Palm Springs McMansions, we all agreed that this house was the most charming, the most relaxing, and the best value in town.
The owner, Marcel, was prompt, accessible, friendly, and easy to coordinate with.
* Fabulous heated pool
* Charming backyard, with fire pits, jacuzzi, outdoor speakers, and gas grill
* Beautiful master bedroom with fireplace
* Excellent kitchen, with all of the basics (we cooked a lot)
* Laundry and dishwasher, heyo!
* There was no holiday surcharge during our visit
* Location isn't particularly central, which means that you need to drive everywhere (not a big deal in Palm Springs)
* Two bathrooms, but only one, very large, two-person shower
To summarize, this house is the perfect destination for smart and savvy adults in search of a classic, low-key, and authentic Palm Springs experience.
Did you find this review helpful?