|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
The Yachats Guest House house is a light, spacious single story home on a large fenced lot. One lot back from oceanfront, there are wonderful views of the ocean and beach access is just 50 feet away. Our beach is a flat sandy beach; perfect for kite-flying, building sandcastles, long walks or morning runs up to 7 miles long. The house has views of the ocean from the living room, dining room,and master bedroom.
The house is comfortable with many personal touches and artwork, music, dvd's and videos. The Yachats Guest House is a great place for the whole family,,,a 'home away from home'. There is a large outdoor fire pit perfect for roasting marshmallows and gathering around to visit and tell stories.
The master and second bedrooms are equipped with queen sized beds and electric blankets. A private bath with shower is off the master bedroom. The second bedroom has a private courtyard view. The “bunk room” has one set of built-in bunks. There are two sofas in the livingroom and we have a queen airbed. We also have two extra single bed sleeping pads.
Living Room/Dining Room/Kitchen areas are open in one 'Great Room' which has two dining tables (one for jigsaw puzzles maybe?) and large wood burning fireplace...and lots of firewood to keep the fires crackling!
I have yet to find a comfortable sofa sleeper so I understand the concern. I will keep looking and will add alternative sleeping options for large groups.
This was a perfect home for our post Christmas trip to the coast. Very comfortable and clean. We had relatives over for a day and there was everything we needed to cook a feast and plenty of room for all of us. Even menus from local restaurants and all kinds of information on the Yachats area. I was especially impressed with the printouts from Oregon State University on "Beach Balls" "Sea foam" and "Fission worms"! I love seeing the ocean from the front window. I can't wait to go back when it's warmer so we can use the beach chairs and fire pit. Oh and thank you Connie for warning us about possible flooding but luckily, we didn't have any problems.
This home was everything we hoped for and more. Fully stocked with everything you could possibly need, spacious, clean, comfortable, and steps to the beach! Nice beach with plenty of room for long walks and exploring! Also pet friendly which we (and our dog!) really appreciated. We had absolutely no complaints. Connie responded to our inquiries and follow up questions quickly and was a pleasure to work with. We will definitely be back!
Have been coming here for many years and hope to return in the future. Weather was great and sleeping was the best (with the lullaby of the ocean to sooth us).
We used this house as a base for visiting the central Oregon coast and were not disappointed. The house was accurately described and we were pleasantly surprised by all of the little extras that were there (soap, condiments, brochures, etc). It actually felt like we were staying in Connie's home and had displaced her for a couple of days which I hope is not the case! We were close enough to the town for dining and coffee runs but also a world away to relax and enjoy the views and peacefulness. We especially loved the yard and all the gorgeous flowers and hummingbirds.
My only comment is that the bunk beds are quite small. My goal was to get my teenage boys (nearly 6 feet tall) into a house where they have their own beds but they were too big for the bunks. Luckily the living room couch was plenty big so everyone was comfortable.
Overall a great stay in a very comfortable home in a lovely, scenic area.
• Roomy house had such a comfortable feeling, with comfortable beds, furniture, plenty of seating both inside and out
• Large, grass, fenced yard, which was outstanding for our daughter's dog
• Beautiful flowers and plantings in the yard
• Plenty of firewood for the fireplace and firepit
• Close to the ocean, and spectacular view from the large deck
• Not only an HD TV, but WiFi and the Oregonian newspaper delivered each day.
• Impressive variety of household tools, supplies, etc. whether it be extra TP, paper towels, cooking utensils, kites, games, etc.
• Not only a working propane BBQ, but an extra propane tank . . . we didn't need it, but nice to know it was there
• Firepit in yard was wonderful
• We couldn't believe the fireplace was actually "ready" to use with paper/kindling already stacked up, and on one foggy, 55º day, we actually started a fire
• Proximity to the Crestview Golf Club, 7 miles north near Waldport. An excellent, challenging, well-maintained 9 hole course, one of my favorite courses ever.
• Location of Yachats essentially half-way between Florence and Newport, in case a person wants to go to the "big city" for entertainment, restaurants, etc.
• A renewed appreciation for Yachats, as we discovered the Sunday Farmers Market, the new Noble Estate/J.Scott wine tasting, Yachats Ocean Road State Park, great restaurants such as the Drift Inn, Ona, Luna Sea Fish House.
• We saw whales, not once, but twice, both at the Yachats State Park and also on a walk from the house south to The Adobe.
Just returned from the Yachats Guest House. It is a
very comfortable house with lots of room for people to spread out and relax. The yard is beautiful and fenced which makes it great for dogs. Our dog loved it so much we could hardly get him back into the house. Beds were comfortable and the bathrooms very clean. Great place for a family or group of 6.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Mar 16 2015 - Dec 31 2015
2 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes||50% within one week of reservation. Balance due 10 days prior to check in. VISA/MC/Discover/Check. Credit card transactions handled over phone.|
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.