The Jewel of Cabo Pulmo is a one-of-a-kind, hand-built and hand-crafted home that features beautiful Mexican tiles and bright colors throughout. It captures the free spirit of Mexico, and the laid-back comfort of Latin America.
There are 3 ways to enjoy this beautiful property:
1) Rent the main house - sleeps up to 4
2) Rent the garden house - sleeps 2
3) Rent both - sleeps up to 6
- The main house has a queen bed in the master bedroom, and full bathroom.
- A fold-out futon in the living area accommodates 1 adult or 2 small children. A cot is also available.
- The second bedroom with a queen bed and bath are in the Garden House (or 'casita')
House amenities include:
- A comfortable, well-equipped chef's kitchen with gas range and oven, coffee maker, blender, refrigerator, and everything you need to prepare and share wonderful meals.
- A gas fired grill
- Two dining areas: one indoors, one outdoors
- A stereo system that accommodates your iPod
- Speakers indoors and on veranda
- A TV set for watching DVDs
- A library of movies and TV shows
- A satellite system for internet access (for web browsing and email, not sufficient for streaming or large files)
- The house is entirely solar powered, and has ample power for most everything - except electric hair dryers...
- Beach gear (cooler, towels, boogie boards, some snorkel equipment, and beach toys)
- Ceiling fans throughout
The second bedroom is in the Garden House.
- Located just a few steps away from the main house.
- Separate and private, with a queen bed, full bathroom and porch.
- Kitchenette with stove, refrigerator, coffee maker, everything you need for meal preparation
- Beautiful garden view.
- You may rent the Garden House as part of the main house or separately.
This is a large, private property, located in the center of the small resort village of Cabo Pulmo, just steps away from the dive shop, the beach, and all the restaurants.
The nearest beach is a calm one, quite suitable for children and marvelous for a dip at the beginning or the end of the day. It is only a 2-minute walk from the house. There are numerous other beaches within a short drive north or south of Cabo Pulmo.
The house is surrounded by a half-acre garden that offers privacy, beautiful views and abundant birds and wildlife. A solid, 6 foot privacy fence encloses the house and garden.
There is internet at the house suitable for email and surfing the web, a great sound system, and a library of DVD's.
The best way to check availability is by dropping us an email. We'll reply as soon as possible! We're also available by phone. We'd love a chance to chat with you about the property, Cabo Pulmo, and Baja in general.
We welcome you to our one-of-a-kind gem, hidden away in a little corner of Mexico.
Scott & Janning Kennedy
P.S. A hearty 'thank you' to Bruce Lyon, who visited with his family in 2013, for the beautiful bird photos he allowed us to use!
Keywords: House, casita, villa
My husband and I both work in agriculture. He is involved with vegetable seed production and I with organic certification. We raised our family Monterey/Salinas area of California, and currently live and work in Chile.
You have to see it to believe how special this place is. It is the most appealing, most comfortable place we've ever been. There's world-class surfing for my husband and a huge, beautiful, native garden for me. It's everything we could want. The house is both artful and designed for comfort. It's like living outdoors, only with all the comforts of a modern home. It's simply perfect.
We both love Mexico, especially the Baja, for its wonderful people, warm oceans and beautiful landscapes. When we crest the hill overlooking Cabo Pulmo we are looking down on our dream home. As we enter the property, we let go of pressures and stress, take a deep breath, and just relax. It is the perfect home: beautiful but unpretentious, warm, unique, and inviting. We love sitting on the porch and identifying birds and wildlife in the garden, and going up to the roof to watch the brilliant stars at night. We think you'll find it one of your favorite places on earth, and want to return again and again, just like we do.
This beautiful, half-acre property boasts a delightful garden of native & tropical plants; bird-watching is superb right from the porch. Restaurants & activity centers are 1 to 2 minutes walking distance. World-class deep sea fishing available outside the Marine Reserve, just a short drive away.
The Cabo Pulmo Marine Sanctuary is a world-class preserve that has rebounded spectacularly in the past 10 years. Diving and snorkeling are excellent, as is surfing, beach combing and hiking in the surrounding hills.
Cabo Pulmo is known for it's quiet, laid-back, relaxing lifestyle.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Low season-1 bedroom
Jun 10 2014 - Nov 16 2014
1 night minimum stay
High season-1 bedroom
Nov 17 2014 - Apr 30 2015
1 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
|For reservations > 30 days in advance, 50% due at booking, 50% due 30 days before arrival.
For reservations < 30 days in advance, total rent is due at booking.
Major credit cards (VISA, MC, Discover) and PayPal accepted.
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
|Notes||VRBO quote applies to 1 bedroom only! For rates for 2 bedrooms (main house and Garden Casita), contact owner.
$200.00 security deposit *authorization* on credit card required. Not deducted unless there is a problem.
Cleaning fee $50 applies to stays of 1 or 2 nights.
Futon or cot set-up fee $15.00 each.
10% discount for stays of 10 nights or more.
Contact owner to confirm VRBO price quotation!