Mais Oui is Ideal for Medium to Large Group Gatherings & Reunions in Jamaica
This is a single 8 bedroom villa. Mais Oui (pronounced May Wee) is a fully staffed ocean-view location best for groups of 6 to 17 guests because of it's large size. We offer many amenities and a central location from which to experience the island of Jamaica! The owners and staff invite you to come for a REAL Jamaican vacation as you immerse yourself in the food, culture and pampering offered at Mais Oui! Our location provides you with all this in a site steeped in understated elegance. Experience Jamaica in safety and at your comfort level.
Please scroll down to the rate description for accurate rates. Quote on site is limited and may not represent charge for your group!
- Exclusive rental of the villa to one group at a time – yours!
- Large size of the villa sleeps up to 16 under one roof with enough space to give each person privacy.
- Equitable bedrooms so no one feels short-changed
- A la carte meal arrangement providing maximum flexibility for your dining preferences with delicious meals prepared on-site … the highlight of any Mais Oui experience.
- A host of on-site amenities to suit multi generational groups - kids, parents, grandparents … Swim in the pool, lounge at the beach, play tennis on our court, have a massage at our spa, read a good book from our library lounge, take a tour of the garden, snorkel in the calm waters of our beach. You’ll never hear the dreaded words - I am bored here!
- Adventurous excursions nearby … Over 30 attractions within 30 minutes drive.
- Only 50 min drive from MoBay airport
- Short 3 min walk to two small beaches
Beach: Short 3 minute stroll takes you to our local beach ... closer than you are if you are in most 'beachfront' hotels ... plus you save on the beach front premium!
Meals: Guests provide their own food which the staff will prepare for them (we are rented full staff only). Please note that our rates do not include meals.
Our guests say it best … : Prior to my arrival I was not sure what to expect, but once I walked through the front door what I saw exceeded my expectations. Upon arrival Mrs. Ruby, Dave and the staff gave us a very warm welcome, I instantly felt at home. The service was exceptional and the food was great. Mrs. Ruby saw to it that all our needs were met, the staff was very friendly and did an outstanding job of making us feel at home. The entire property was absolutely beautiful, the bedrooms were lovely and everyone fell in love with the pool. As for the wedding, I don't even know where to begin. Everything was perfect. It had everything I hoped for and a lot more. The flowers were absolutely beautiful, the cake was fantastic and the food was outstanding. The entire set up was simply elegant, I could not have asked for anything more. This was definitely a dream come true. I want to thank you and your staff for the wonderful treatment you showed to me and my guests and for the amazing job you did.
My wife and I built Mais Oui (pronounced 'May Wee') in 1999 and opened officially in 2000. We welcomed our first guests before the lawn had even successfully grown because we were eager to share the hospitality of the Jamaican culture and have everyone visit us to experience the welcomed relaxation and understated elegance of Mais Oui!
We're not on the water, but are instead 'ocean view' because the Jamaican experience isn't only about the beach and 'reggae'. It's also about the food and the people which also includes their culture and history. There's no need to pay a beachfront premium to enjoy these elements of the island!
Over the years, we've noted a significant effort by many other locations to copy what Mais Oui has to offer. You'd never know it unless you have been following the listing descriptions of other villas in the area, which of course most folks don't. Guess then our uniqueness would have to stem from our consistency to high quality of service and our focus on the relaxation and well-being of our guests. Despite the stiff competition from other locations, Mais Oui remains committed to our goal to present an honest and genuine Jamaican experience for our guests. We are not about cutting corners just to maximize profits. We like to offer as many amenities as we can such that when our guests decide to venture off-site they do so because of a desire, rather than a need. Mais Oui is located on the western cusp of the Rio Bueno (named by Christopher Columbus) Bay. This is reportedly the landing site in his most famed journey across the Atlantic to the Americas.
Why Discovery Bay?
- Under an hour's drive from airport ... compared to 1.5hrs drive for people staying in Ocho Rios or Negril.
- Convenient base from which to see the island ... Within an hour from leaving Montego Bay, you will arrive at Mais Oui. Drive another 30-35 minutes and you are in Ocho Rios. This central location makes sightseeing choices more accessible and enjoyable.
- Close to a host of other activities ... 30 attractions are within a 30 minute drive of the villa ... additional snorkeling and scuba diving sites, golf courses, horseback riding stables, tennis courts, water-sports, shopping, night-life, historic sites, and almost anything else your heart desires!
Other Activities: museum, jet skiing, water sports, badminton
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event||Minimum Stay|
My Standard Rate
|Property Damage Protection||$89.00|
|33% Deposit to book. All funds due by 60 days prior to occupying villa. If stay is booked to occur in less than 60 days, then all funds due immediately to book.|
|Our current pricing is as follows (based on 1 week rental):
# Bedrooms Max # Guests
3 3630 up to 6
4 4200 up to 10
5 4800 up to 12
6 5500 up to 14
8 6500 up to 17
CHR/NY 7500 up to 17 (full wk only)
All rates US dollars and are subject to 10% Jamaican tax and 7 - 10% staff gratuity. 10% surcharge for bookings < 1 week. Rates do not include meals. Budget $45 pp per day.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website: