Centrally located in the Northern California Wine Country, this is a perfect home-base for exploring the amazing wine appellations of the area. Whether you want to explore Stags Leap District, Howel Mountain, Los Carneros or any other Napa appellation, or perhaps Russian River Valley, Dry Creek Valley or Sonoma Valley in Sonoma County, this home is convenient to all areas of the region. We've created a wonderful place to be home-base during your wine country vacation. Whether for 2 nights or even a week, this home environment will help you make your wine country experience a lasting memory.
Great for honey-mooners or special anniversaries, with a very approachable romantic atmosphere including a large, bright bathroom with jacuzzi tub, original artwork and just the right degree of luxury incorporated in the combination of contemporary and antique furniture.
Some of our special and unique features (please visit our website for further details - link below)...
~We make and bottle wine here, so there are wine making activities from crush through bottling. We have gathered quite a number of medals and awards over the years
~The large Master bedroom suite with a King sized bed and cozy warm comforter has been designed to be ultra-romantic.
~There's a full library including 180 volumes on wine, 600 volumes of cookbooks, reference, best selling novels and biographies; sumptuous leather furniture with a traditional wood fireplace. To relax and enjoy this room, we've added collectible Altec Lansing speakers. The system is cabled for an iPod to use as a sound source, all you need to do is plug your iPod into it if you want to bring your own music. We also have a 110,000 song iTunes Library and an extensive iTunes movie Library - ask us about it.
~The home also has a 802.11G wireless high speed internet throughout.
Not just your ordinary vacation rental, this is our former home and was remodeled and upgraded for us. Our amenities have been meticulously selected to provide the utmost enjoyment of your wine adventures.
Full European style kitchen with standard appliances and:
* Refrigerator and Freezer with Ice Maker & Chilled Water
* Coffee and Espresso maker
* Juice and beverage glassware
* Reidel wine
* Washer and Dryer
Shared garden area including:
* Shaded patio and with various seating areas
* Seasonal fresh organic fruits and vegetables from the property
* Smoke cooker (Big Green Egg)
* Wine making on premises including crush at harvest
* Point to Point directions provided to the approximately 300 wineries in Sonoma and Napa counties
* Located conveniently near Peets and Starbucks coffee bars
* Local markets with local meat and produce, gourmet and high-end food items
* Located near Safeway with organic produce department
* 10 min drive to fantastic wine store with excellent prices
* 10 min drive to Trader Joes market
* 10 min drive to downtown SR with many superior restaurants
* 10 min drive to 24 Hour Fitness
* Huge Junior College Library 2 blocks away for reference work
* Cable TV
* DVD player and DVD collection
* Playing Cards with Poker Chips
* Deluxe Food Processor
* Ice Cream maker
* Reidel sparkling wine glasses
A perfect residence for exploring Sonoma and Napa wine country destinations. Check in between 3:00pm and 7:00pm, check out at 11:00am. Minimum 2 night stay on weekends (F-Su), Maximum length stay 10 days.
Great Home Base for Lawyers visting the area - located 4 walking blocks from the Sonoma County Courthouse. If you have extended legal business in town, multi-day deposition, a court trial or face to face litigation to work through, this home provides you with a full suite of rooms for comfort, entertaining and very private client meetings. You can come back and do legal reference work quietly (even at a lunch recess, it's that close, just 5 minutes by foot).
We hope you'll come to stay and discover the loveliness of Sonoma County, as well as experience this lovely home in the heart of the Northern California Wine Country.
My husband and I stayed here for two nights recently and were thrilled with our experience. The picutres in no way show how spacious this home is. It is clear that a lot of love and creativity went in to the remodel done by Frank. While on a busy street, inside everything is completley soundproofed giving the feeling of being secluded and private. The decor is beautiful and elegant. The tub was perfect for two people or one and we took several relaxing baths while we were there. This home is within easy access to all services, entertianment and wine tasting. My only complaint and it is one I find in almost all VRBO's is more wastebaskets in the rooms! I would rent here again in a heartbeat!
- Nicely appointed home; nice furniture, attractive finishes
- Good amount of space; with three people there was plenty of space for all of us
- Spacious kitchen with nice appliances
- Two sinks in the bathroom is a plus
- Place was very clean (subject to an important exclusion noted below)
- No shower; there is a very nice bath tub, but I haven't bathed myself for cleaning purposes since I was a kid. The shower handle doesn't substitute a full shower
- Pervasive smell of marijuana; you can smell it right when you walk in and all throughout the house
- Stained sheets; our sheets had stains on them of the "romantic" kind. Not exactly a welcoming touch and extremely disgusting
Suggestions to the owners:
- Remove the tub and install a shower
- Remove the marijuana smell from the house
- Buy stark white sheets and bleach them when washed - just like commercial hotels do
We made a last minute reservation of this house to spend with Thanksgiving with our kids in Santa Rosa.
It was last minute, but it all went smoothly and we had a great time at the house and cooking an entire Thanksgiving dinner. We would stay at this house again. It was nicely furnished and charming, as were the owners who live next door.
If there was a drawback, it would be that there was no shower, but the large jacuzzi tub helped.