Skaneateles Lake, Skaneateles Cottage Rental Photos and Description
5 bedroom, 2 bath, sleeps 10
* Bright, clean, comfortable 5 bedroom, 2 bath cottage with large boathouse and sundeck (45ft by 22 ft deck) on top of the boathouse to sun during the day and enjoy the stars by night.
* The upstairs boasts a large living/dining area, updated eat in kitchen with skylight and sliding glass doors to a deck with additional seating for 8 and a propane grill. All have superb lake vews. There is also a full bath (tub/shower) and 3 bedrooms incl a queen, trundle and bunk room.
* The downstairs has 2 large BR's with a full bath and a den. The master has a queen bed with adjoining bath and the other BR has 2 twin beds or king. Both rooms have magnificent views of the lake and sliding doors to a comfortable patio area with a wine barrel table
* Ceiling fans in all rooms (except den). Flatscreen TV with Internet access in Den and Living room, additional tvs in Kitchen and 2 downstairs BR's/
* Parking area for 5 cars.
Canoeing, kayaking and fishing off the boathouse dock or jump into the lake off the diving board and swim to our large floating dock. Mooring available
- pets not allowed
- unsuitable for elderly or infirm
- children welcome
- wheelchair inaccessible
- non smoking only
Maureen and Brian Harkins
Brian fell in love with Skaneateles while a student at LeMoyne College in Syracuse, NY. He introduced his family to the area during a college reunion and we all agreed it was a wonderful place to relax and reconnect.
We love the quiet of the southern end of the lake! if we see 10 boats pass by on a summer day that is a lot and the peacefulness of the area can not be beat. Watching the sun come up across the lake is always beautiful!
Being located off the Glen Haven Rd allows for long quiet walks or runs passing farms and horses and very few cars.