|Minimum Stay||2 - 6 nights|
Located on the 15.000 acres luxurious and exclusive Punta Cana Resort & Club. At 10 minutes from Punta Cana International Airport. Resort facilities include Peter Dye´s beachfront golf course, SPA, Club House, Water Sports, Marina, Biological Reserve, Restaurants. Security is strictly enforced in the resort, everyone entering must pass through a checkpoint.
Our 3260 f2 (304 m2) villa is newly decorated with a large open living-dining room, a fully furnished kitchen and patio area. Isothermic windows with mosquito net. Service employees room. Marble and coralina floors. Garden with swimming pool. Air conditioner with remote controls, private bathrooms and cable TV in the main room. Free Wifi. Two car garage.
Included in the rental cost: taxes, electricity, gaz, drinking water, cleaning, transfer from/to Punta Cana airport and general assistance.
AMENITIES & FACILITIES: in Puntacana Resort & Club (free access for the guests): restaurants, La Casa Club, Westin hotel, SPA, ranches, golf learning center, equestrian, tennis, ecological reserve, Marina, diving, snorkelling, etc. Nearest supermarket at the Village (3 miles from the resort). Free shuttle bus to the Village from Westin Hotel.
- cook service ($50/day)
- trips with driver and guide (Santo Domingo, Cueva de las Maravillas, Isla Saona, Bayahibe, Los Haitises National Park).
To locate the villa inside the resort: WEB: www.panoramio.com/user/6522705
We had not been to Dominican Republic but have a long history of renting Villas in Mexico. When we arrived no one spoke English and there were no English language info/guides/maps, etc., as indicated on the website. We all speak a bit of Spanish but this was not enough to communicate effectively as we do in Mexico. We used the concierge at the Westin to help us with a few things and she asked why we were not using the owner concierge, which we knew nothing of. Only later did we find out by accident that there is a concierge just for owners and guests of the villas at the La Cana Golf and Beach club.
Originally, the info clearly stated there was a car that could be used by the day and discussed this possibility early on with the owners only to be told, two days before we arrived, that the car had been sold. At Christmas week there was high demand for car rentals and we were told that we got one of the last vehicles available anywhere. This would have been disastrous if we had not been able to get a vehicle as this villa does not come with a golf cart. Every other villa we drove by had at least one golf cart and some had multiple carts.
A number of things were clearly listed on the website as being included but were not found:
1) no basic soaps
2) no hair dryer
3) no paper towels, shampoo, toilet paper (we had to buy more toilet paper part way through the week when it ran out)
4) there was technically a coffee maker but it was ancient - heated by using the cooktop so we bought one
5) Our original information indicated that there was a DVD player, but there was not despite despite a small supply of DVDs. Further there was no TV in the main room.
Further problems included:
5) the water was barely hot enough to bath and, as such, we were concerned about the cleanliness of the dishes that were washed with it; the housekeeper attempted to adjust it but there was no noticeable difference;
6) there was a dishwasher but it appeared to be malfunctioning so the maid washed everything by hand;
7) there were a number of lights out all around the Villa and no bulbs for replacements. This includes a light/ fan above the dinner table that has been replaced with a very inappropriate, possibly dangerous outdoor bulb;
8) the shower curtains in the master bathroom were so ill fitting that water on the floor cannot be avoided, leaving a slippery condition.
We shared our concerns with the owner on 1/5 and have not heard back in the two weeks following.
We stayed for one week at this spacious villa with large covered porch and beautiful pool. The bedrooms were all very nice, bathrooms too. When we arrived the air conditioning in the main living room was not working and it appeared to not be working for quite some time as there was a fan set up in the room. It was over 90 degrees that week so needless to say we did not get to spend much time in the living room. We either spent time on the porch/pool area, out at the beach, or in our rooms. The housekeeper Dominga was very friendly although her English wasn't good. Luckily we were able to communicate via spanish. The local amenities at Punta Cana Resort and Club are perfect. Nice golf course, great pools and beautiful beach!
WE ARE VERY PLEASE WITH THE WAY MR. JORDI AND HIS FAMILY RECEIVE US IN HIS PLACE. EVERYTHING WAS NEAT AND CLEAN, THE SERVICE LADY WAS VERY HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY. REALLY WE DON'T HAVE ONE MINUTE BORED WITH SO MANY ACTIVITIES YOU CAN DO INSIDE AND OUTSIDE THE VILLA. DEFINITELY WE GONG TO BE BACK IN OUR NEXT VACATIONS!!!!!!!!!
Regarding our stay I like to share with you our experience:
- transport to villa from airport was perfectly organized
- owners daughter Nieves is beautiful and nice young lady who gave us warm welcome and shown and explained everything what we needed
- the villa, garden and pool is very nice and well maintained. Exactly as on the pictures
- the Jeep we have rented is nice holiday fun car as expected (but not fully functional)
- wifi in villa did not work
- when I tried to call Nieves, I could not reach her and she did not call back
- for the whole our stay we did not get the key from villa, so we had to enter villa from back door (even at night)
- because of the bad location of the villa there was quite high level of noise from the street which was waking us early every morning
We had a great vacation and wonderful stay in Punta Cana. We were 2 families and fit very comfortably in the house. Jordi, the owner, was very helpful with questions and booking before our stay and Nieves, his daughter, answered all questions and took care of our needs while we were there. Everyday Isabelle cooked an amazing breakfast and had the house cleaned spotless! There's access to all the amenities in Punta Cana including the beach club and the Westin Hotel. The beaches are beautiful, quiet and clean! We hope to get back there again!
Upon our family's arrival at Carpe Diem, our house manager, Miguel, promptly gave us a tour of the home followed by yummy Pina Coladas. Very welcoming, clean and beautiful! There were 6 adults in our group and we each had a roomy bedroom with a private bath. The pool in the back yard of the house was a bonus for us although it was a short distance to the beach via a golf cart which is a necessity to get around the resort. Miguel is an exceptional chef and prepared outstanding meals every day and watched out for us throughout the week which we appreciated very much. Many of our meals were eaten on the outdoor veranda. He also transported us to and from the airport, took us to the grocery store several times to do our food shopping and transported us to various areas of the resort before we rented the golf cart. He is a wonderful person and we felt very fortunate to know him. All of us miss him tremendously. We felt totally safe throughout our stay at the resort as the security is very visible and attentive. The golf course is beautiful, although a bit challenging for the "average" golfer. We enjoyed the several beaches, spa, horseback riding and the ecological park which is a must. Our guide, Christian, works for the Ecological group and gives a very informative tour for a most reasonable cost. We only ate out a few times but our favorite restaurant was the Coccoloba - food and service exceptional! We also enjoyed Franco's Tattoria and Playa Blanca. Communication with the owner prior to our arrival was very good. Our week went by very quickly but the wonderful memories will remain for a lifetime. As with any accommodation that is not home, one can usually find one thing or another to complain about but these were minor things. Without hesitation, we would highly recommend this home for a most enjoyable vacation.
PUNTACANA RESORT & CLUB
It is the most luxury, charming and spacious resort of the east of The Dominican Republic, close to the Punta Cana Airport.
You have 4 areas:
- Residential villas (Arrecife, Corales, Tortuga Way, Marina, Hacienda)
- Casa Club, a club for owners and visitors with a fantastic beach, SPA, golf courses, restaurants and a huge swimming pool,
- Facilities and amenities: swimming pool, gym (free, of course), many sports activities like surf, kayak, windsurf, horsing, tennis,etc. In this area you'll find a beautiful Ecological reserve named 'Ojos Indigenas', an impressive landscape, a walk with lakes.
- The WestIn hotel and apartments, with restaurants and bars
Outside the resort (Punta Cana Village, 4 miles) there is a supermarket to buy groceries, as well as shoppings, restaurants, banks, drugstore, etc.
To locate the villa on Google Earth: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/63157733
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Mar 28 2015 - Apr 6 2015
6 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||€360|
- Payments: Homeaway Rental Payment preferred. Others: Wire Transfer and Paypal (+4% fee)
- By default, prices are in euros but you can pay in dollars according to the rate of the day
- Exchange rate at February 06th, 2015
- Rates in US dollars: night: 500 (standard) , 600 (Easter) ; week: 3,000 (normal rate) 3,500 (Easter), month: 6,000
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (EUR) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Learn more about this vacation rental at the manager's website: