Akumal Breakers has one of the best beach locations in all of Akumal. The white sandy beach is located only 25 steps from the villa and is great for outdoor games, building sand castles or just chilling out all day and listening to the waves hit the breakers.
You will enjoy a large, refreshing, solar heated pool which features a waterfall. If your kids want to enjoy a 'real pool', then Akumal Breakers is the place for you. We also have a hot and cold outdoor shower which is great to clean up the children after the beach. The adults like it too!
The villa is as stunning as it's location on the beach. The entire villa exterior is covered with hand cut “Piedra Maya Vista” stone making this one of the most unique and distinguished beach front properties in the area. All of the floors are made of Terracotta tile accented with Mayan wood. The villa also has a unique collection of Mexican artwork and craftsmanship including paintings, wood carvings and Onyx lamps.
Akumal Breakers has a smooth sloping walkway around the side of the villa so that people don’t have to climb steps to enter the living area or the beach bedroom. Although the villa is not officially ADA approved, a wheelchair can pass from the street to the living room and the beach bedroom via a gradually sloped concrete pathway (34 inches is the most narrow part).
Two of the four bedrooms are considered Private Suites and are located on the second level. The “North Suite” has a King size bed, private ocean front balcony, private bath and iPod player with a small safe in closet. The “South Suite” has a King size bed, private ocean front balcony, private bath, and an IPod player. The 'South Suite' is oversized and provides ample space for a crib or an additional Aero Bed (both are available).
On the main floor, you will find the “Beach Room” which has a King size bed overlooking the pool and the beach. There is also a large safe in the closet. The adjacent “Garden Room” is great for children. It has two full size beds, board games, a Sony PlayStation2, DVD player and large TV. The Beach and Garden rooms share a large bathroom.
Additional features include:
• Our on-site staff lives in the guest house and takes perfect care of the interior and exterior of the villa. They can also cook some spectacular Mayan and Mexican dishes for a small fee.
• Fully air-conditioned (unlike most villas in the area).
• Includes wireless internet. We are dependent on TelMex and it generally works well but issues often occur throughout the coast.
• FREE unlimited phone calls to the USA and Canada, again, dependent on TelMex.
• Fully equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances, travertine countertops accented with a Talavera tile backsplash.
• One of the few villas that provides purified and consumable ICE and WATER in the refrigerator dispenser.
• Bottled water provided in all bathrooms.
• Grill your favorites on our large stone and stainless steel outdoor charcoal grill / smoker.
• Rooftop observatory and tanning area.
• 2 two person kayaks for all day fun.
• Sony Flat screen TV and DVD with several movies.
• Bose CD player and sound system with several CDs.
• Apple TV allows you to easily stream your own music, photos or videos to the Sony TV plus you can rent movies using your own Apple iTunes account.
• Sky Satellite which features some US channels such as Fox News, CNN International and several movie and music channels.
• Seating for 8 at the main dining table. Seating for 4 at the game table.
• Lounge chairs for the beach and the rooftop observatory.
• All towels and linens.
• Crib and high chair, plus one Aerobed.
SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY. You’re going to love Akumal Breakers!
Keywords: Villa, Akumal, South Akumal, I Love Akumal, Beach, Riviera Maya, VRBO Rental, HomeAway Rental