Submitted: February 24, 2013
Stayed: February 2013
What a wonderful weekend I had at this absolutely charming home! I've written two reviews for this house today, both have been blown away by the internet gods, so now I'm going for the bullet-point version.
• House is MUCH bigger than you'd think from the pictures!! Bedrooms are a good size, and there's a brand new finished basement that includes a spectacular full bathroom and a trundle bed and pull-out sofa -- a GREAT spot for a bunch of teens!
• House is SPOTLESSLY clean. Seriously. I'm a stickler for that one, and I wasn't disappointed!
• The owners, Marie Louise and Larry, are an absolute delight to work with! I've rented at least a half dozen homes in Montauk, and they are among the best people I've found to rent from! They encouraged me to use whatever was in the house (coffee, condiments, etc.), which was nice, and the house was fully stocked with toilet paper, soap, etc. (many owners request that you bring all your own supplies). The bottle of wine they left for me was a lovely touch!
• This home is cozy, comfortable and charming -- I truly felt like I was in my own home, curled up on the couch with a book, with a fire blazing. I couldn't have asked for anyplace more relaxing or serene.
• As I've mentioned, I've rented extensively in Montauk, and truly, this home has it all. Space, comfort, location (just a few minutes' walk to the ocean beach), cleanliness... and the price can't be beat.
If you choose this house, trust me... you won't be disappointed!!
Owner's Response: Dear Jenny:
Thank you for this wonderful review!
We feel so fortunate to have this home, and it is truly our pleasure
to share it with such lovely people.
Larry and Marie Louise
Helpful votes: 1/1
Did you find this review helpful?