This is a pristine Canadian Victorian farmhouse built in 1850 by the family of Jeremiah Hoyt, a run-away Quaker slave who arrived in Niagara-on-the-Lake via the underground railroad.
The house is beautifully restored. Full of antiques, hardwood floors, lace curtains -- and central AC!
And best of all, there is a magnificent studio upright piano. It's a work of art: intricately carved mahogany. In excellent voice. Tuned twice each year. Made in nearby Guelph, Ontario in 1905; owned by one family for most of its life.
This is a serene retreat located on a full half acre of park-like private gardens, patio, deck and porch in historic Old Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake. It's located six blocks from shops, theaters, restaurants, community tennis and swimming. Wineries, golf and antique shops are minutes away. The property is licensed by the Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake.
Rates are $250 - $275 per night, 2 night minimum. Stay for 7 nights receive a discounted weekly rate!
Located within blocks of world-class Shaw Festival which runs from April through October each year
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency () unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.