Sunny, welcoming house, comfortable with very attractive decoration, spacious garden and pool. In quiet residential area. Beaches, mountains, culture, shopping, water sports, golf, riding and more. Only 10 minutes walk to the beach and atmospheric town of CASCAIS with its lively centre, beautiful historical houses, museums, art galleries,marina, shops, cafes and restaurants, a great market on Wednesdays. Marvellous promenade by the sea to ESTORIL. Casa da Guia nearby is a 19th century manor house overlooking the ocean with restaurants, cafés and some interesting shops. Sintra is a dramatically beautiful mountain village with ancient castles and palaces to explore. Only 10 mn drive to the protected coast line and beaches of Guincho, Adraga, Azenhas do Mar and the lighthouse at Cabo da Roca, most westerly point of Europe. ONE OF THE MOST DRAMATIC TRAIN RIDES IN EUROPE follows the coast into the heart of Lisbon in just 30 mins.
SUGGESTIONS: Casa Catarina includes all modern conveniences for self-catering , linen and towels provided, the house is cool in summer, warm in winter. Plenty of light. Garden features luxury pebble pool (9 metres diametre) with deck and lawn. Further deck up stairs (fenced) with awning, sun chairs, barbecue & large tables to feast in sunshine or for candlelit dinners (electric lights also)! Cascais is walking distance (10-15 mins on foot), Estoril 5 minutes by car. Coastal train ride to Lisbon is 35 minutes (shopping & culture), Sintra mountains (hikes and castles) 20 minutes, Guincho beach (
Surfers Paradise), 15 minutes. Good night life can be found locally or in Lisbon.
GOLF: Golf Details: There are 5 golf courses locally, all within 2-5 miles.
1. Estoril Golf -designer-Mckenzie Ross- 2 courses- 18 hole, 69 Par, 5238m, Championship course.
2. Golf Estoril-Sol - designers are John Harris / Ron Fream - 9 hole, Par 31, 1749M Beautiful.
3. Penha Longa is a two course location - main course 18 hole is par 72 and 6228 metres in length. Designer R.Trent Jones II. Championship course - spectacular.
4. Quinta Da Marinha is par 71 - 6014 m - Championship course - Atlantic views.Designer R.T. Jones.
5. Quinta Da Beloura - designer- William Roquemore, 18 holes, 5817m, Par 73, 6 lakes- Championship.
Passports are available from Estoril Tourist office for all courses.
CHECK IN / CHECK OUT: CHECK IN TIME IS AFTER 15.00, WE NEED TIME TO CLEAN AND PREPARE HOUSE FOR YOUR ARRIVAL
CHECK OUT TIME IS BEFORE 11.00
FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE YOU MAY DEPOSIT BAGGAGE AT THE HOUSE BEFORE 15.00