New Milford House Rental Photos and Description
ASK ABOUT OUR WINTER SPECIALS AND YEAR-ROUND RENTING OPTIONS!!!!!!
Ideal Extended-Family Vacation Houses. (rent one or both)
Wonderful lakefront fully furnished home with Private sandy beach, sun deck, level yard and your own Private boat dock.
EMAIL TODAY FOR MORE INFORMATION, PHOTOS AND A VIRTUAL TOUR OF THE PROPERTY.
ASK ME FOR THE SPECIAL REPORT: THE 10 MOST IMPORTANT QUESTIONS TO ASK BEFORE RENTING
Enjoying dining on your deck while you watch the kids fish and swim in a quiet association on New Milford Bay.
Ideal for families with small children (safe and very clean), and also ideal for families with teenagers (many private areas for the family to spread out).
In addition to the fun of direct waterfront activities, there is also High-Speed wireless Internet access, golf, fine dining, quaint village antiquing and shopping nearby. Only 90 minutes to NYC, 30 minutes to wineries and beautiful Connecticut sightseeing. Pets are welcome yet are considered on a per case basis.
Unique Property with 2 kitchens, 2 family rooms, 5 Bedrooms and 3 Baths total. Perfect!
IMPORTANT QUESTIONS TO ASK BEFORE RENTING: 1) Is the property updated, clean and trouble-free?
2) How many steps/stairs to the water? Is it far up from the water?
3) Is the property located on the northern part of the lake? (central/southern parts are much busier & more congested)
4) Does the property have a private sandy beach?
5) Does the property have a private dock? (not shared with owners or anyone else)
6) Does the property have an oversized waterfront? (some have considerably less frontage)
7) Does the property have level grassy areas to play or hang out?
8) Does the property have algae at the waterfront? (properties on inlets often have significant algae)
9) Does the property have seating areas in both sunny & shaded areas?
10) Is the property situated to be able to watch the spectacular Candlewood Waterfront sunsets?
11) Does the property have off-street parking, and for how many cars? For a boat trailer?
High speed wireless Internet: Testimonial:
Great Lake House Vacation
Pat from Milford, New Jersey.
Date Submitted: May 19, 2008 Date of Stay: May 2008
My husband and I stayed at the Lake House for a quiet weekend away from it all. We brought our boat and docked it at the house. The Lake is absolutely beautiful, the cottage is in a great location on the lake. We had lunch at 'Down the Hatch' located right on the water.
Overall, great vacation! Cottage is clean and cozy. Owner is a pleasure to deal with. Can't wait to go back.
Recommended for: Families with Teenagers, Families with Young Children, Pet-friendly, and Romantic Getaway
Air Conditioning and Washer/Dryer: Testimonial:
Great place for family and friends
Dr. Ron From Wallingford, Ct..
Date Submitted: September 16, 2007 Date of Stay: August 2007
I have to admit that I did have some hesitation in renting a vacation home using the internet. You never know who you might be dealing with or the condition of the property. This home was an incredible find and Dave, the owner, the most honest and pleasant person to deal with.
My kids and their friends had a blast! We swam, fished, used the kayaks, canoe and tubes. I rented a boat at a nearby marina and kept it at the dock for the week. Greatly conveinient.
I have nothing bad to say. Beautiful place, incredibly clean, and ultimately relaxing. I will not forget those morning coffees on the dock as the sun came up.
I plan on renting again.
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
About Dave Smith
Katie & I purchased this property for a fun family getaway and it has been absolutely wonderful. The kids grew up on the lake and had so much wholesome fun with their cousins and friends. We have enjoyed every aspect of the lake and it's a wonderfully relaxing little slice of heaven every time we arrive.
Dave Smith purchased this house in 2004
Why Dave Smith chose New Milford
We vacationed at different lakes for over 10 years searching for just the right home. Each summer we would rent a home on a different lake to learn the lake. Water quality, real estate values, proximity to our home were all important factors.
One year we decided to stay closer to home and visit Candlewood. It's just an hour from our home.
When we arrived for our vacation the owner mentioned that he was getting married and moving. We searched for available homes on the lake that week but nothing compared to this home.
By the end of the week we bought it!
What makes this house unique
This property is unlike any other that we know of.
In addition to having all of our prerequisites; great waterfront with a private sandy beach area (many have rocky shores), direct waterfront (no street crossing as the kids were little), private dock, westerly facing to catch the sunsets over the lake, private setting (end of a dead end lake association private road), so private but not so secluded that it was a problem (we're just 5 minutes from major shopping), and more, the property is also two units with separate deeded ownership.
Being two units allows for a whole series of benefits that a single unit can't provide.
1) We don't use the property much in the winter and we can rent them separately which generates twice the income.
2) We can have guests stay and they have a complete unit to themselves, meaning separate bedrooms and bathrooms fro privacy and even a fully equipped second kitchen so the early risers don't disturb the sleepers.
3) Two docks!!! We may be the only property on the lake with two docks. It is such a wonderful feature when we have multiple boats, etc.
4) We have two kids so they can each enjoy a family getaway and may even inherit a lake getaway of their own.
5) For resale it increases the uses and therefore the pool of buyers. A family compound where Mom & Day own one unit and a child owns the second. or two friends each own a unit and they share the property or take turns with private vacations. This option makes waterfront ownership SO MUCH MORE AFFORDABLE than a single unit.
The property is very unique and so exceptional in many ways.
Guestbook comments from the owner
I just want to let you know how excited the family is about our upcoming trip to your lake house this summer. We all had such a terrific time and the house was amazing with all the amenities.
Our little ones enjoyed the water and dock to splash around. The adults enjoyed the swimming, boating and water activities.
Cruising the waterways of Candlewood Lake is always fun and there are lots of mysterious islands to explore.
In the late afternoon we all returned to the deck in back of the house to watch the fantastic views of the sunset with a glass of wine!