Great Location / House Is Worn Down and Needs Repairs
Submitted: June 24, 2011
Stayed: June 2011
We rent in Wild Dunes every year and love it . This was our first time renting outside of Wild Dunes rental company (Beachside Vacations) and we were not very satisfied. This home is in a great location, the layout is not too bad (a LOT of steps), and the pool side activities and convenience of food and afternoon/evening music are great. I tried to negotiate rate with these folks but was told it was a premium location, premium property and high season and NOT negotiable. I should have looked around more. We would stay in one of the same units there again but NOT this one.
This home, however furnished decent, is in need of repairs and has clearly been a cash cow for rentals and not been very well taken care of. Here are some examples:
The property was nicely firnished but not well maintained.
1) When you enter the house on the lower level it reeks of mildew/mold.
2) First floor door to the patio is not in good shape and hardly closes.
3) The outside of the home looks very well worn and is in need of new hardware and painting repair - it looks very bad in the deck area where we sat a lot.
4) The gate to the pool area is sagging and almost falling off
5) Many of the windows in the home wont stay open - need replacement of internal weights, etc
6) The walls and carpet in the home are beat up (note the heavy burlap style carpet is very hard on the feet)
7) The master bedroom bath is poorly designed - the tub is HUGE and the sinks have no space.
8) The door to the master bedroom deck is locked because the railing is disintegrating and needs replacement. This was NOT disclosed in advance and the marketing materials are misleading.
Again, great location, but a run down house. Pick one of the others
Helpful votes: 23/23
Did you find this review helpful?