Rosemary in May
1. South of 30A, we liked being so close to the beach and not having to cross 30A with 2 small kids was nice but this house backs up to 30A. They did a good job making it feel like you are not right on the highway but if you listened you could hear the occasional car.
2. Price, we got a great deal because we shopped around for the week before memorial day weekend. We paid $1650 for the 6 nights and think that was a great price.
1. This house is small and the living area is very tight. It has 2 very small living rooms, a good size dining area and smallish kitchen. It could have been laid out a lot better in my opinion. The 2 bedrooms upstairs were fine, a small bunk room will work for 2 kids and the bathrooms were antiquate. there is a good size porch upstairs that the bedrooms share but we did not use it because it does not have a view to speak of and it is very hot. There is a nice porch and courtyard off the main floor that has some nice shade and we did spend a good bit of time out there but it did not have much to look at other that a broken fountain and some unimpressive plants
2. Dog Poop, the carriage house is rented long term to a nice young couple who have 2 dogs that use the courtyard to go to the bathroom. When we first got there there was lots of it in the court yard. The second day it looks like they had cleaned most of it up and then the last day there was a big pile right there where we had to walk to load the car. I could have made a bigger fuss about this but again should not have to
3. Parking, the carriage house tenents take the only designated spot and it can be hit or miss on if anything else is available close by. You dont have to walk more than a couple blocks to find one but it can be a pain.
4. Master Bed, I travel a good bit for work and stay in a lot of hotels with hit or miss beds, this was the worst I have every had. We intentionally looked for only houses with king size beds in the master and this mattress was trully awful, I ended up having to sleep in the other room because it was so bad.
5. Air Conditioning, the air conditioning can not keep up with the house. You have to run it at 70 all the time, if you go any lower it will freeze up and during the heat of the day it runs all day and does not stay that cool. We were never uncomfortable but it was May, I am sure by July or August it would stay very hot during the day.
6. TVs, there is only a 9 inch and 13 inch in the tiny living rooms
Families with Teenagers,
Families with Young Children
Owner's Response: The dog issue has been resolved. We had a long term renter in the carriage house who had dogs. They are no longer renting so it is not a problem for this season. There is a brand new air conditioner and the mattress has been upgraded.
During this stay the property was under previous owner or management.
Helpful votes: 8/8
Did you find this review helpful?