Macerata Cottage Rental Photos and Description
3 bedrooms, 2 bathroom, swimming pool, sleeps 8, Floor area = 85 m²
In the best place to get close to Nature and Culture in Italy, at Fiastra Abbey Nature Reserve wood’s edge, in a beauty spot at 300 metres above sea level, a newly-refurbished cottage, surrounded by trees and silence. It has exposed beamed ceilings throughout, with brick or tiles floors. The external walls of the house are very thick. In the winter it is centrally heated.
The Cottage offers a comfortable summer hospitality for 6 adults, or 4 adults and 4 children
How much will be the central heating in winter?: Central heating will be charged at the official price of gas (GPL): euros/m3 = 3,8
Which are the nearest airports?: The nearest airport is in Falconara (km 85), but you can alternatively choose the airports of Perugia (km 114), Pescara (km 160), and Forlì (km 222).
Can I have access to the internet?: At Fiastra Abbey there is a free internet zone. Ask for a username and password at the Tourist Information Office in front of the Abbey church.
Some information about the house and the land around:
• The house is surrounded by landscape, meadows and woods of the Natural Reserve Abbadia (http://www.abbadiafiastra.net/)
• Cross walk the woods and you will arrive at the ancient abbey Cistercian monks. For you free admission to all museums (http://www.monacifiastra.it/)
• Cycling can go to visit the archaeological site of the Roman town of Urbs Salvia (http://www.urbisaglia.com/turista/arte-e-cultura/urbisaglia-romana/parco-archeologico/)
• Within a few miles from home you will find many historic villages with typical restaurants, festivals and markets
• The sea 20 minutes by car (http://www.civitanovamarche.info/) (special offer: our guests have access to a free beach umbrella and deckchairs on the beach in Civitanova Marche for whole week)
• Only 35 km there are the mountains of the Sibillini National Park (http://www.sibillini.net/)
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
About Giovanni Salvucci
We are Giovanni and Cristina Salvucci, 51 and 42 years, have three children: Clara 13, 11 and Federico Viola, 5.
We have this house since nine years, using it for both our family and the guests. We personally take care of the cleaning and care of the house and garden
What makes this cottage unique
We are very loyal to this house because it is located in the middle of the nature reserve on the edge of the forest where already my great-grandfather was the gamekeeper, because it has a large private park with old trees, where our children spent their summers and where, summer in the early morning, you can see the scogliattoli and pheasants in front of the house.
September and October is the time of the grape harvest, visit to the cellars and tasting of local wine and food. We can tell you where to go and bring you on the tour.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Just a note to thank you again for your kind hospitality; we had such a relaxing break and I will be sure to send you the evidence of me in the pool (I went in most days, actually)! I should apologise for forgetting to write in the visitors’ book: we were a little disorganised yesterday. I hope that you all have a very happy Easter. Warm regards. Jacqui (via e-mail - Apr 8th 2007)
Thank you for a very enjoyable week. The cottage was beautiful as were the views. A fantastic holiday, enjoyed by all. (Sep 2006) Andy, Sheila, Matt, Lisa and Alice - Stafford (UK)
We have all really enjoyed our stay in the cottage. Thank you. The spot is really beautiful with wonderful views. Thank you for a beautiful house really clean. (Aug 2006) The Luff's - Phil, Jo, Georgia (11), Freddie (9) + Grace (7) - Bromley Kent (UK)
Really nice house, pool and garden. Ideal for a quiet family holiday. Thoughtfully laid out. All together excellent.
(Aug 2006) John, Amanda - Staffordshire Moor Lands (UK)