August, September and October are fantastic times to stay. The winds are down, river crowds are gone and the local fruit stands and wine rooms are going strong. This amazing property has over 1000 feet of waterfront. Step out of your Cabin right on to the deck overlooking the dock and great ski water or to the luscious lawn, planted with huge sycamores, figs, and willows. Seasonal blackberries are ready to pick for breakfast. Drop a line in the water, and relax to the sounds of native egrets and watch our local cottontails frolic.
The cozy cabin is located on a four acre private peninsula in the heart of the Delta. The large dock for fishing and boating, the small dock near the 'swimming hole' gives swimmers access as well as sunbathing opportunities. The low tide beach is great for exploring the native egret rookery. The beautiful full deck overhanging Steamboat Slough is perfect for enjoying dinner, drinks, board games or just relaxing.
The property has a additional pathway, we have named Grassel Pass (After a great friend who cut the first path) for you to explore the native bird rookery, amazing delta wildlife, and provides additional access to 4 private beaches and remote camp sites.
PRIVATE RENTAL OF ENTIRE PROPERTY IS AVAILABLE AT REASONABLE RATES.
Camping sites available on first come first serve basis.
Large tent trailer for 7 available.
Local wildlife: otter, beaver, mink, cotton tail rabbits, pheasant, quail, Large native Snowy Egret and Great Blue Heron rookery. 100's of Cormorants circle in and nest every night as well.
Beautiful water-skiing, fishing, large yard for games, kids and dogs.
Extra buoys for raft-ups.
WATERFRONT RV SITES WITH FULL HOOKUPS
Some Delta rules that you MAY need to consider:
1. It is against DSC policy for you to work or worry about work at any time during your stay at DSC. However, if you insist, a computer with internet access will be provided for you. Please resist the temptation to look in on daily responsibilities of life back home. Most find that all your worries, trials and tribulations will be safe when left at home and will still be there once you get back to the 'outside world', but have shrunk and diminished in overall manageability.
2. DSC operates on 'Delta Time'. This requires a mental re-boot upon arrival. 'Delta time' means that there is no time and at no time is there anything you must or need to do. i.e. there are no such things as 'should of's', 'could of's', have to's, if only's, honey do's, honey don't's etc. There are only things you did, are doing, and will be doing if you feel like it. Some people are able to get themselves on 'Delta time' easier than others, some have trouble adjusting; therefore, training on getting yourself and the rest of your party on to 'Delta Time' is available upon request and is a free service provided by the experts within the DSC Staff. There are some pre-stay mind exercises that are helpful and you and/or any of your party that is particularly stressed or worried about life's challenges prior to your stay may find it helpful to practice prior to arrival. Blocking any and all incoming thoughts of responsibility is a acquired skill. If this pertains to you, please practice saying the following to your self as often as necessary prior to arrival and the re-booting process on to 'Delta Time'. (Note: Many find the consumption of an adult beverage helpful in the initial re-booting process on to 'Delta Time'; therefore, a bottle of Champagne will be provided for you upon arrival. Please specify blush or white. Substitute and/or add- sparkling cider where appropriate. Please make choice and stipulate with second 1/2 payment of rental sum.)
Say out loud as often as necessary so as pertinent thought process will become automatic when it is becomes applicable once on DSC grounds :
1) Who cares?
2) So what!
3) Maybe-maybe not, haven't given it any thought.
Note: If any of the above are ineffective practice saying 'No Comprende'
3) Lime in left pocket- salt in right pocket. Repeat 5-10 times)
4) That was great! Let's do that again!
5) Eat, sleep, ski, fish, party, rest, repeat. (Not necessarily in that order, adjust as needed.)
6) Key objective. Be here (DSC) now. (Can't be in two places at the same time anyway so don't try.)
Practice makes perfect. Help and encouragement among and within your group my be necessary for those who struggle with initial re-boot; however, all are capable of the mindset- there are no exceptions.
Keywords: Rustic Cabin on 4 acre property in the heart of the Sacramento Delta