The cottage sleeps 6 comfortably in great beds with quality mattresses. The Master bedroom features ocean views, the same mattress as the famed Westin Resorts 'Heavenly Bed', a 27' TV with white cabinet (moving from Living Room in 2013), a room AC and sassy, hand-painted diamond-patterned floors. The 2nd bedroom features a verdigris iron queen bed with a thick memory foam topper, a room AC and whimsically hand-painted polka-dot bordered floors. The 3rd bedroom its very small and cozy with twin beds, a room AC, hand painted floors, a set of shelves for clothing (no closet) and a Tommy Hilfiger nautical theme.
Cheerful and sunny living room with ocean views is open to dining room and home-office area. Brand New 42' Samsung Flatscreen purchased for 2013 (not shown) with new TV cabinet (white cabinet with 27' TV will move to the Master Bedroom!) Living Room has AC.
Dining room seats six comfortably and is open to the living room. Living room with wood stove features comfortable sofa, loveseat and plenty of additional seating including lots of special children's furniture throughout, plus a home-office area. Home has wireless high speed internet throughout, 200+ channels, a brand new 42' Samsung HDTV and land line with unlimited domestic long-distance.
Kitchen is extremely well-equipped with everything you need for large family meals and entertaining, plus two sets of service-for-8 dishes, two sets of utensils, including heavy-guage Ralph Lauren stainless set for 12, and glassware in every category. Kitchen also features a window AC and an afternoon sunroom.
Deck is outfitted with 4 of the highest-quality oversized adirondack chairs sold in the US, plus side tables and a bistro set for casual ocean-view dining.
For our winter and longer-term guests, we encourage you to use our cozy wood stove fireplace insert. Also, our new efficient boiler/heat system was added in 2009, along with a new roof, and a new exterior painting and exterior remodel was completed in 2010.
Personal owner-provided Concierge Services available upon request.
There's something for Everyone!: A truly unique vacation setting, with something to satisfy all interests! Whether it's outdoor recreation or fine dining and shopping, this area offers it all, and it's all just minutes from your doorstep.
You're just 10 minutes to Portland's historic Old Port Exchange, filled with interesting boutiques, coffee shops and award-winning dining. Even less distance to the Arts District.
Within 15 minutes, you are in Freeport, home to the famous outlets and the fabulous LL Bean 'campus'. LL Bean offers daily adventure programs worth exploring, as they are very reasonably priced and professionally guided.
Within a 20-30 minute radius, you can explore lakes, the ocean, and many of the famous area beaches. You can go hiking one day, antiquing the next, whale-watching the third, 'boutiquing' and gallery-hopping the fourth, visit historic areas the next day, dress up for a fine-dining experience on one night and picnic on the beach the next afternoon.
Read what the travel publications have written: Travel and Leisure ranked Portland, ME as the 3rd best city in the united States to take a summer vacation and the 4th best city in the US to visit in the fall. See article:
Frommer's Magazine Rated Portland as a 'Top 12 World Travel Destination' in their 2007 review.
Bon Appetit rated Portland as the 'Foodiest Small City in the Nation'.
Falmouth, Maine was rated by Forbes Magazine in April 2011 as having the best public school system in the entire nation. See article:
How Portland Stacks Up: See how Portland ranks among other US Cities:
1. Portland is rated “One of America's Best Towns 2010”. (Outside Magazine, 2010)
2. Portland named one of the coolest small cities in America. (GQ Magazine, November 2010).
3. Portland named among the top twelve surprising, thriving and emerging world travel destinations for 2007 by Frommer’s Travel Guides and Frommers.com.
4. Portland ranked #2 in Self Magazine’s 2006 Healthiest Cities for Women.
5. Portland ranked #7 on the 2005 list of the 100 Best Art Towns in America.
6. Portland named “One of the 10 Great Adventure Towns”. (National Geographic Adventure Magazine, August 2004).
7. Portland named #6 as one of the ten safest, culturally most fascinating U.S. Cities. (Travel Smart Consumer Newsletter, January 2004)
8. Portland, Maine named One of American’s Dozen Distinctive Destinations (National Trust for Historic Preservation, April 2003) for the city’s remarkable collection of historic buildings, its outstand