|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
'GreenWoods' House is a wonderful three/four bedroom, two bath retreat located in the in the Village of Empire, Michigan. This comfy beach town, situated in the heart of the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, offers shops and restaurants. Easy walking distance to Lake Michigan beach. Area attractions: Six area golf courses, 15 National Lakeshore hiking trails, 17 miles of unspoiled beach, three canoeing rivers, fishing, swimming, boating, skiing, shore-to-shore trail, wineries, Lake Michigan sunsets. Perfect setting for multi-generation family reunions, creating family and friend memories to last a life-time.
New family home constructed in 2006 in the village, walk to beach. Accommodates six to eight: queen bed in master bedroom; two twin beds in second bedroom/den; queen bed in third bedroom; full size futon in fourth bedroom; twin day bed in upstairs open space. Complete amenities include washer, dryer, dishwasher, wrap-around covered porch, ceiling fans in upstairs sleeping areas, patio/deck area, and charcoal grill. Linens and towels provided. Summer rentals are Friday to Friday. NO smoking and NO pets.
Our family has been visiting this area for over 38 years. Here is a short list of some memorable experiences we have enjoyed:
1. Hiking the Sleeping Bear Dunes
2. Pierce Stocking Scenic Drive (and 450-foot dune climb)
3. Boating on Little and Big Glen Lake
4. Visit the historic Glen Haven Coast Guard Station
5. Canoeing and tubing on Platte River
6. Golf, Golf, Golf, Golf (Four)
7. Sunsets and campfires on Empire Beach on Lake Michigan
8. Visiting historic Leland Fishtown
9. Touring area lighthouses (4+)
10. Ice cream every night at local sweet shops
11. Charter fishing trips....catching & eatting salmon!
12. Exploring shipwrecks
13. Taking the Ferry to Uninhabited Manitou Islands
14. Hiking Empire Bluff
15. Cross country skiing & Snowshoeing
16. Fishing, fishing, fishing
17. Day trips to Traverse City, Frankfort - SHOPPING!
18. Traverse City Beach Bums Baseball (Minor League)
19. Collecting Petosky stones
20. Mountain biking
21. Hosting family reunions, weddings, get togethers involving apple picking, wine country tours, and much more!
We had such a wonderful time at your house and appreciate everything you did to make it so comfortable. We hit 96 degrees in Empire mid-week, so the air conditioning was vital. I simply cannot sleep well when I'm hot, and I can never understand why most vacation houses do not have air. Not sleeping well is not a vacation! The dual zone feature was great, we could make it a little cooler upstairs for sleeping kids without freezing out people still downstairs. We have been renting from vrbo.com for years, and your is truly the nicest house we have ever rented. Thank you for sharing GreenWoods with us!
GreenWoods House. Welcome to one of the most beautiful natural areas in Michigan’s Lower Peninsula. Come and enjoy 35 miles of Lake Michigan's eastern coastline, explore North and South Manitou Islands, and of course climb the dunes! Learn about the history of shipping, logging, and agriculture of the area by visiting former Life-Saving Service/Coast Guard Stations, Lighthouses, Sleeping Bear Dunes national lakeshore area and Port Oneida Historic District. This area voted 'Most Beautiful' on Good Morning America in 2011.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Sep 4 - Oct 31
|Refundable damage deposit||$300|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.