Simon’s Town Cottage Rental Photos and Description
3 bedroom, 3 bathroom beach house with lovely views over the sea
Dolphin Cottage is superbly located on the mountain but within easy walking distance of the local town with a choice of restaurants, cafes, shops, chemist and amenities. Dolphin Cottage has amazing views over False Bay from every room (each with its own balcony). You can watch the whales from the balcony and the house also overlooks the historical naval base. There are a few local beaches which are safe for swimming and you can walk to the famous Boulders Beach and swim with the penguins.
Dolphin cottage has a lovely garden with local flora and fauna and lots of greenery. The balconies are spacious but there is also a private patio area which is sheltered and has washing line and a tap. There is a weber BBQ available for use.
Dolphin Cottage has been furnished to a high standard with lots of additional features to enhance your stay. All the windows and doors have shutters so guests can have time out of the sun and an afternoon snooze or sleep with doors open and shutters allowing a cool breeze at night.
There is internet in the house and an open fireplace in the open plan living area.
The house accommodates up to 6 people. Children are welcome. The house is non-smoking.
Gated driveway and entrance, secure parking on drive for 2 cars.
The entrance hall has a cloakroom and a large dresser for beach towels, shoes and a jackets and hats.
Open plan living area with comfortable sofas for 6 people, coffee table and large TV with satellite. There is also a music system with docking station, speakers and remote control. There are large windows with views over coastline, balcony doors leading to decking area with table and chairs.
• Dining area with seating for 8 people.
• Open plan, well equipped kitchen.
• Oven & gas hob
• Large Fridge and Freezer in utility area
• Washing machine and tumble dryer
• Second sink with filtered water
• There is a large safe for locking up valuables
Entrance into large studio bedroom/studio area which has:-
• Separate kitchen with hob, kettle and microwave
• Separate entrance and can be shut off from house if required
• Separate sink and cupboard space in kitchen
• Upstairs of studio area incorporates the living area:-
• Super king size bed or alternative twin bed option
• Desk and chair
• Large corner sofa (suitable for an overnight guest)
• Large shuttered windows with views over False Bay
• Patio doors leading to a private balcony with seating for 2 people
• En-suite bathroom with large shower, toilet and wash basin
• Built in wardrobe and other cupboard space
There is a second downstairs bedroom with en-suite bathroom which has a shower, bath, hand basin and toilet
Built in cupboards
Super king size or twin bedroom option
Large shuttered windows with patio doors leading onto patio deck with seating
A third bedroom upstairs with en-suite bathroom which has shower, bath, hand basin and toilet
Large shuttered windows with patio doors leading onto a private balcony overlooking False Bay. There is a table and chairs so guests can soak up the views.
Simonskloof is a safe residential areas but the house is alarmed and has security shutters throughout. Guests can use alarms at their own discretion.
• Linen, bath and beach towels are provided
• Sheets and towels are changed on the 4th Day
• Complimentary cleaning once per week
• Additional cleaning can be arranged at an additional cost
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- wheelchair inaccessible
- pets considered
- Long-term Renters Welcome
Mrs Angie Leach
I grew up in Cape Town but now live in the UK. I own and run holiday cottages in England, but have always wanted a holiday property in Cape Town.
I love the location, it is beautifully situated on a mountain, overlooking the bay. It is walking distance to the beach and town, and very tranquil.
There are lovely views from every room, each bedroom has a balcony. The garden has lovely flora and fauna, and bird life. My husband loves to put sugar water out for the birds. It is an easy walk to restaurants, coffee bars and shops in the village.